Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Anywhere in VIC to get EPROM programmed

ANDNIC

Question

10 answers to this question

Gunnar at Coin Play Australia does EPROM programming.

Ph: 9560 0707.

He is in Whellers Hill and will usally post.

I have a programmer and eraser that I havent used as yet. If you have an EPROM and are anywhere near Koo Wee Rup we can give it ago. :D

Cheers

Dean

I can program them here if you need them.

Hey Owen, I don't need any eproms at the moment but was wondering about Security chips. Are they programmed/copied in the same way as s/w eproms? Reason for the question, is I see on ebay etc people asking alot more for these (or is there a lot more chips involved).

Questions like these kinda come up when reading related topics

Hey Owen, I don't need any eproms at the moment but was wondering about Security chips. Are they programmed/copied in the same way as s/w eproms? Reason for the question, is I see on ebay etc people asking alot more for these (or is there a lot more chips involved).

Questions like these kinda come up when reading related topics

They are not EPROM chips Rob, they are PAL chips. So they cannot be copied easily.

Basically, Williams created the WPC-S and the WPC-95 machines to have security chips due to problems in Europe. This way, distributors and operators would know where the machines came from, and who owned them by turning them on.

There are people who have "cracked" the security code in the PAL chips to make machines that have faulty security chips functional again. This is what you have seen on eBay.

Due to the nature of them, you cannot read them on an EPROM programmer, and cannot program them on one either. You need a PAL programmer, and the original (or cracked) code to do this.

Hope that makes sense mate...