Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cameron Silver

stuba

• Super Moderator
I was just watching tilt again a while ago. its not hard to spot that cameron silver (programmer on SWE1) is an aussie. i googled him and he moved from oz in 1995 to work for williams. does anyone know what happened to him after williams pinball closed down?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just watching tilt again a while ago. its not hard to spot that cameron silver (programmer on SWE1) is an aussie. i googled him and he moved from oz in 1995 to work for williams. does anyone know what happened to him after williams pinball closed down?

Had a good talk to Him with David from Bumper at Expo , great guys an happy to talk.

Yes, nearly went to a theme park with him for the day, but he had to cancel last minute. I wouldn't go with me either...haha.

A lovely guy, very down to earth and would work again on pinball in a flash if given the opportunity. A real pinball guy.

Cameron said himself in the TOPcast interview that he had major input to the design of CV. He went onto say that John Popoduik encouraged his team to be involved in the design process.

Cameron also programed the game software package for CV, including the brilliant HOME rom, 2.0H.

Cameron said himself in the TOPcast interview that he had major input to the design of CV. He went onto say that John Popoduik encouraged his team to be involved in the design process.

Cameron also programed the game software package for CV, including the brilliant HOME rom, 2.0H.

Damn - I missed that part... Thanks for reminding me !

Well the source code notes show exactly what he did and didn't do on the programming.

Also when he applied for a job with us, it was clear he did not do all the software and clear he did not design the game.

Regardless of what the IPBD states.

If you listen to many other Topcast shows the IPBD is not accurate.

Thats for letting me know who did the Home rom, as he should not have source code in his possession as he is no longer an employee of WMS.

Well the source code notes show exactly what he did and didn't do on the programming.

Also when he applied for a job with us, it was clear he did not do all the software and clear he did not design the game.

Regardless of what the IPBD states.

If you listen to many other Topcast shows the IPBD is not accurate.

Thats for letting me know who did the Home rom, as he should not have source code in his possession as he is no longer an employee of WMS.

Do you actually mean IPDB not IPBD?

And who said that Cameron Silver actually has the source code in his possession??? Creating the new version (2.0H), and actually having possession of the source code are 2 different things.

If you have the code, then would you release the binary version to the public via pinball.com for everyone who owns a CV to be able to program a new ROM with this version?

The only way the rom would have been changed and created was using the source code.

You must have rocks in your head if we would allow the source code out in public for people to play with.

Thats what cost us a fortune the rights to the code.

PS Software Design and Game Design are too Different ThingsThe APPLE system. *

;* *

;* Advanced *

;* Pinball *

;* Programming *

;* Logic *

;* Executive *

;* *

;* Copyright © 1990, 1989 Williams Electronics Games Inc. *

;* All Rights Reserved *

;* *

;*******************************************************************************

;* *

;* CIRQUS VOLTAIRE *

;* --------------- *

;* *

;* Design: John Popaduik *

;* Software Design: Cameron Silver *

;* *

;* Software start (New Apple): 19/August/1996

The only way the rom would have been changed and created was using the source code.

You must have rocks in your head if we would allow the source code out in public for people to play with.

Thats what cost us a fortune the rights to the code.

PS Software Design and Game Design are too Different ThingsThe APPLE system. *

;* *

;* Advanced *

;* Pinball *

;* Programming *

;* Logic *

;* Executive *

;* *

;* Copyright © 1990, 1989 Williams Electronics Games Inc. *

;* All Rights Reserved *

;* *

;*******************************************************************************

;* *

;* CIRQUS VOLTAIRE *

;* --------------- *

;* *

;* Design: John Popaduik *

;* Software Design: Cameron Silver *

;* *

;* Software start (New Apple): 19/August/1996

Rocks in my head?? Do you not understand the difference between "source code" and "binary code"??

Let me explain it for you...

"Source Code" is written in a Quasi-English programming language. In this case the "APPLE system". When you program a system, you use the programming language to program the system to do what you want it to do, and using this Quasi-English language makes it much easier to program the system to perform as you want it to without having to use "Assembly Code" to manipulate the machine. This language is far easier to learn for us humans as it resembles English in a computer sort of way.

"Binary Code" is what is compiled from the "Source Code" to program into the ROM to make the system work. Binary code is the 1's and 0's that make the machine work, and is what the processor understands. This is how ALL pinball machines work and is the code that is inside their ROM's. The code that you have available on your site for Williams/Bally pinballs is the "Binary Code" for these machines.

All I was asking is would you allow this code to be available to the masses like you do the other codes?? Not the "Source Code", as I do understand Intellectual Property, the "Binary Code" that can be programmed onto a ROM.

By the way, your quote of the source code does clearly state that Cameron Silver did indeed program the code for CV, yet you said previously that he did not do all of it. doesn't this show that he was at least the lead software designer???

wheres Big Damien when you need him

please contact Cameron and see if he could pop in here and confirm this.

if you dont see this tonight I will call you tomorrow and post a reply once speaking to you .

why do all pinball threads end up like this'

lets just find the truth out

mark

There is no secret to the Home ROM at all.

Cameron himself states in the TOPcast interview that he wrote that code in his spare time whilst STILL working for WMS, after the pinball divison shutdown, as he remained a employee for sometime after WMS closed the pinball doors.