IGNORED

That old Bouncing ball trick

pinball god

Question

Anyone with a TZ that has the old ball eject problem where it ejects towards the plunger and hits the rubber post and bounces back into the ball eject. I've had it do this maybe 10 times in a row before it finally rests ready to plunge it into play.

I've tried a couple of things like removing the post which promoted a lot of balls being ejected to the plunger when they were for the auto fire. I modified the rubber on the post with a little success but not fool proof.

Any solutions?

8 answers to this question

I may be wrong but there should be a metal guide or strip where the ball ejects from. Give it a slight push or pull so it changes the deflection angle and/or slows the ball down as it comes out.

If it is the problem I am thinking of, it happens on all the machines I have had and just needs a slight adjustment. Trial and error should fix it.

Try bending the ball eject arm slightly towards the back of the playfield - this will put a bit of spin on the ball and cause it to land in the ball shooter lane. Seen this problem on may TZ's, and this trick has worked every time.

You will need to "play" with it to get it right, but you do not need to bend it much.

I think I tried Talby's suggestion (if I understood it correctly) na dit has improved it heaps. I try tweaking it a little by little to see if it becomes fool proof. So far 100% cure but reakon some more minor adjustments are needed. Thanks again