Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball Expo 2008 Chicago

mavrcha1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about an "Aussie Arcade" pinball machine? :unsure

C'mon people, we have 1 year to come up with a bonza idea for a machine, then the Aussie contingent going to Expo 2009 can promote it to Stern & Co. I'm sure lots of people try this, but maybe a forum of 3000+ members supporting the idea might increase the chances of it being noticed? :unsure

Matthew

NOOOOOOOOOOO :x why the hell base a pin on a TV show :x GRRRRR

please Stern pleasssse come up with some NON Movie/TV themed machine :cry

In 2008, pinball is only a known and popular pastime to the die hard pinball fans that grew up with it. How else are non-pinball people going to make the connection to pinball? Introduce a known licensed theme to a pinball and people make an instant connection. Call a pinball "Monsters from Mars" and people go WTF? It's all about trying to attract new customers in this day and age of PS3, X-Box, Wii etc. Smaller market share = find other ways to attract customers.

In 2008, pinball is only a known and popular pastime to the die hard pinball fans that grew up with it. How else are non-pinball people going to make the connection to pinball? Introduce a known licensed theme to a pinball and people make an instant connection. Call a pinball "Monsters from Mars" and people go WTF? It's all about trying to attract new customers in this day and age of PS3, X-Box, Wii etc. Smaller market share = find other ways to attract customers.

I've got it! The next theme for Stern should be::

Drum roll.....

X-Box - The Pin

yeah I suppose, I am different because I was introduced to pinball from here.

I never played as a kid.

themed pinballs seem the way to go at this stage

they get not only pinball people but people that follow the show

no matter if a stern or whom ever makes it they are all done on budgets and things get cut , was interesting to see some of the first drawings and other ideas on batman BUT they have to sit back and look at it as a business . they have to make some profit. at least they are keeping the dream alive . guys not only buy a new pin ( if you can) but next time you at a pub or club put a few dollars in one. have a game. it all helps

yes as you can tell i have th bug again and will be back in melbourne shortly well 4 hours from here in Auckland. my passion is back and will be some interesting things happen over next few months. for me i say BRING IT .

pinball is fun , over in USA its fun these people really care about it. not just the dollars and cents they live it breathe it .

mark

Fantastic! A smaller factory than I imagined, very intimate! Hey, i would work there for free if it meant I could play pinball all day long. Ha ha!

work for free take a number Damo

guys not only buy a new pin ( if you can)

I'll try that quote with the Mrs :D

but next time you at a pub or club put a few dollars in one. have a game. it all helps

I do where I can. Sadly that is next to impossible now - unless I specifically make a trip to a known location, I'm not likely to stumble across any pinballs. The last 3 sited ones I used to play have goooooone :cry (along with 2 of the sites altogether)

Cheers

Jacob

• Super Moderator
Theme for a new pin........

'20/20 Cricket' and target the Indians - they are nuts for anything cricket. Not so good for the USA but it may be time to think outside the square to revive pinball.

bollywood dude! Indians love that stuff. put tanya zaetta in it cause she's huge in bollywood. could even have a SAS crack shot target bank...