Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

My Indy Pinball Topper

I scored this King Cobra today which is now being used for my Indy topper.

Ideally I would love to put some red LEDs in his eyes have them go off during the Well of Souls.

I might have to see if AskJacob can help me out there. :badgrin

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9071/kingcobraxp3.jpg

That's nice, got a picture from players angle. Seems like it stands pretty high:unsure

Yeah it does stand a little high, ideally it would be better if the head angle down a bit.

Players view:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6849/kingcobraplayerslevelya5.jpg

Side on down on the pool table:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8232/kingcobrasideonxg3.jpg

Hmmm well of souls mode eh? Any particular feature lamps/flashers running during that mode?

Had some friends over today (so couldn't get out to the auction) and spent some quality pinnie time.

Was good. Mode hole in Indy is being nasty (yes I know the fix, just have to do it :)) - and Left loop is not working - either the gate is not lifting or one of my switches is not reliable. Other than being wonky, out of level, it is at least playable after all this time.

The point of this story though - is that I haven't had many chances to start modes, so don't know off the top of my head what lights up during the mode...

Nice snake! Is tall, but any smaller would look wrong.

Asps!

Cheers

JAcob

Hmmm well of souls mode eh? Any particular feature lamps/flashers running during that mode?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing today, I'm pretty sure there are no particular/unique lighting features for Well of Souls, just the dot matrix screen. :(

I like it. Nice find RetroBorg

If anyone wants one they are $40 from Fellas, not sure if Fellas is interstate. :unsure

What about tying the LEDS in with the "Well of Souls" playfield insert that it lites up when WoS is the next feature to be had:unsure

Yeah I thought of that but it would be on even though you haven't started the mode, then if you start that mode it will be on for the rest of the game.

I want it to come on just for the period that Well of Souls is active.

I could be wrong but I don't believe there is any particular light that is just on for Well of Souls, I hope I'm wrong.

I'm open to any suggestions.

What about linking it to the yellow flasher behind the idol in the ruins, only flashes when idol is about to release a ball which is almost constant in Well Of Souls mode:unsure

That's definitely an option, I guess linking to Super Jackpot would be another option too.

That's definitely an option, I guess linking to Super Jackpot would be another option too.

That would definately make you work to see them lit. Wouldn't get seen much at my place:lol

Another option would be "Eternal Life". Ball saved because of "Snake Eyes":D

That would definately make you work to see them lit. Wouldn't get seen much at my place:lol

Another option would be "Eternal Life". Ball saved because of "Snake Eyes":D

I guess there's a few different options there but I still haven't given up on Well of Souls just yet.

Once I replace the U20 chip I corrupted I can do a bit of a test, unfortunately the ball doesn't register in the mode start at the moment.

Maybe there's a combination of lights that occur during Well of Souls that I can use to trigger the snakes eyes.

Did you end up getting the Indy figure? for a topper option.

Nah I didn't, I intended to, but I still haven't see one in the flesh yet.

I always wanted the cobra and had done some searches on the net, but never found one, I was lucky I just happened to see it at Fellas on the weekend, I think it's was made for Ford Cobra enthusiasts.

Ideally it would have it's mouth closed with tongue out and have the spot on the back like the one in the movie, also would prefer it to bend over forward a little more.

Here's how it looks in the movie:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0clk1UP3cBeAZ/610x.jpg