Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

BALLY Silver Ball Mania

mrmacka

Question

5 answers to this question

I am happy to check these for you however I am located in SA, cheap eprom burners are available on the market if you want to check these yourself.
GQ 4 x 4 this will do the job and has the ability to burn the 2532's which can be a bastard at times. Others are also on the market, proms and gals you'll need a higher end burner.

Can I ask why you need to check the EPROM's, game is not working as expected?

- Con

Wanted to add that the game take 2716's

image.png.ddb00c87a4c1eba06e116a8f65199a02.png

Edited by extendo
  • Like 1

Hi extendo thanks for reply . It is a long story but i repaired the board with stuck on led . i had lost u1 chip in the long process so i got replacement u2 and u6  originaly 2532 a long time ago and rejumpered board.I was only getting the first flicker on led and nothing else so i order new roms but this time they where 2716 so i rejumpered board but am still only getting first flicker. I brought chinese willem programer but could not get it to read roms and now i am not shore if it has damaged roms

On 23/05/2023 at 6:21 PM, mrmacka said:

I brought chinese willem programer but could not get it to read roms and now i am not shore if it has damaged roms

I have that same burner for the hard to burn Eproms, it's dodgy but it works well. Just make sure when selecting the jumpers on the burner that it is indeed a 2532 eprom, since you are just reading it there's no real need to set the voltages ( don't exceed the max voltages ) however if you are going to burn the 2532 eprom then the volatages on the burner needs to be set correctly.

On the Eprom itself that you are trying to read, what is the exact name of the Eprom ?

On 24/05/2023 at 7:11 AM, Railways said:

Maybe @Skybeaux can help??. Try sending him a pm?

You have another option, sending the board off for a repair as mentioned by @Railways

Thanks for the replies . But i am stubborn and i want to repair this board my self . i have fixed the initial fault with the board following the pinball repair guide on the web . I now get  all the right pulses on my cro . I get the first flicker and according to the guide if i dont get the first flash it is a fault with u2 or u6 proms . I have brought  the chinese willem programmer but when i try to read these chips i get nothing . i am no pro at this but i find it a lot of fan .  I am stuck with these eproms. I was hoping someone could check these as i dont now if they are ok and my willeim programmer does not seam to work . Sorry for the long post but i just need to now if they are ok before i go chasing anything else