Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL55 - Game 12 ~ Mortal Kombat (closes 28-May)

Got a 1CC but only just. I almost lost due to having a dodgy microswitch in button 6. I moved it from button 1 a while back when it was playing up and was too lazy to put in a new one as I'm running low on the light click ones. Every now and then a press doesn't register and of course it does it right at a time when I need it.

0028.png

0030.png

0031.png

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, megaderek said:

Got a 1CC but only just. I almost lost due to having a dodgy microswitch in button 6. I moved it from button 1 a while back when it was playing up and was too lazy to put in a new one as I'm running low on the light click ones. Every now and then a press doesn't register and of course it does it right at a time when I need it.

0028.png

0030.png

0031.png

Fantastic effort.

So how to get 26 million points?

1 hour ago, megaderek said:

0022.png

Great shot of Goro doing his stuff. Yes he stuffs the opposition quite readily it seems.

Goro, Goro, Goro, ... goes the chant in the arena.

22 minutes ago, OOO said:

So how to get 26 million points?

Lots of double flawless & fatality rounds, also finding and beating Reptile which requires getting double flawless & fatality without blocking on the pit stage, also right before the fight there has to be a silhouette fly in front of the moon which only happens every 6 games, you need to beat Reptile with double flawless fatality and without blocking and you get 10,000,000 which I think only happens when you play on P2 side.

• Thanks 1

Ah yeah that's a good thing to bring up. In order to fight Reptile you basically have to sac 5 credits first and then play the 6th. Usually there's an explicit ruling made one way or the other on it.

• Like 3

Out of all the possible fighting games out there, the MK series is my favorite. I was a beast on this one when it first came out in '91, as well as MK2, MK3 and UMK3. MK4 I was so-so on, but the original MK and MK2 I was hard to beat bitd. 😁  I have plenty of time to raise the bar on this one. Playing it on the hardest setting and having to get used to using my Hotrod again will take some time.

mk0002.png.7a272d5342971aa865b801dc20e6a4a2.png

On 14/05/2023 at 7:00 AM, megaderek said:

Lots of double flawless & fatality rounds, also finding and beating Reptile which requires getting double flawless & fatality without blocking on the pit stage, also right before the fight there has to be a silhouette fly in front of the moon which only happens every 6 games, you need to beat Reptile with double flawless fatality and without blocking and you get 10,000,000 which I think only happens when you play on P2 side.

To pinch even more points per stage, the matches should be 2 out of 3. Meaning, you flawless round one, "milk" the 2nd round and then let the computer win and then get another flawless on the 3rd round. I've only seen one player (his name escapes me at the moment) who actually played "4" rounds. It went something like this: Win, Milk, TIE, Win. In other words, he got the double flawless (rounds 1 & 4), milked the 2nd round then died and then milked the 3rd round but timed it just right so that the time ran out and both characters had their energy bar at the same length, thus causing a "tie" and allowing a 4th round to be played. Not easy to say the least.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tracey said:

noob question any idea how to get out of this stupid test menu after changing the difficulty i dont understand what it means by open the switches

Hitting F2 should do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tracey said:

noob question any idea how to get out of this stupid test menu after changing the difficulty i dont understand what it means by open the switches

Hi Tracey,

yeah I'm not exactly clear what it means either, but I just hit F2 and it takes you out.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ED_209 said:

Where are you guys finding the difficulty setting on this one? I see nothing in the dip switches. Not sure if I've got it set to the hardest level.

Press the F2 key. Then go to Game Adjustments and then Game Difficulty.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ace1942 said:

yeah I'm not exactly clear what it means either, but I just hit F2 and it takes you out.

Apparently the test switch on Mortal Kombat arcade board is not a momentary switch so it would need to be released again to return to the game. MAME is just toggling the test switch to the on or off position with F2 so it needs to be pressed again to exit the menu fully.

Edited by megaderek
  • Like 2