Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Who has built a Voron 2.4 R2?

• Administrators

I have just ordered myself a Voron 2.4 R2 kit and was wondering if anyone else has gone through the process themselves on here?

Im not new to 3d printing and recently upgraded my old Anycubic i3 from Marlin to Klipper in order to get a bit more familiar with it before diving into the Voron CoreXY world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The printer is alive! Finally got the printer to start doing something, even if it is just moving around doing a quad gantry leveling. 🙂

• Like 1

• Administrators
13 hours ago, djc said:

It’s taken you long enough! 😉 Great work!

Yep I was sick when I first got it and since then I have been crazy busy at work, so its been a slow process.

9 hours ago, needlebat said:

Looks Great - keen to see it in use!

Thanks. I am also looking forward to its first prints. 🙂

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Finally have the printer working. Still needs a little bit of tuning, but for the first prints I am very happy. The voron cube was printed at around 75 mm/s and the threaded bolt was printed at up to 200 mm/s and it still turned out pretty good.

test_prints.jpg.be7f6bfe631e70a1262b96e7134f3d91.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Well its taken a while, but the unit is pretty much complete now. I have added a couple of rows of led lights to the inside top of the printer so I can remotely view the print with the Pi Camera which is mounted just inside the right front door. I printed out some cable clips which clip into the 2020 extrusion to hide some of the wiring and I got the neopixels in the stealthburner printhead working. 🙂

PXL_20230525_084231984.thumb.jpg.07a6e7afe90a2704a47d9ba0de9f3590.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Finally used the printer for something useful. I made a 3d printed tumbler/polisher. Not the quietest thing at the moment, but when I get a better stepper driver I will be able to get rid of most of the motor noise at least.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Nice build, been very tempted to build one of these myself but not sure I can justify it after putting every trickbit immaginable onto a Sidewinder X1.  

Did you buy this as a kit with the aluminium functional parts? or source them separately.

On 06/06/2023 at 7:02 PM, cwispy said:

Finally used the printer for something useful. I made a 3d printed tumbler/polisher. Not the quietest thing at the moment, but when I get a better stepper driver I will be able to get rid of most of the motor noise at least.

Nice job. I'm using a treadmill and bottles at the moment 🙂

• Like 1

• Administrators
18 hours ago, tiff_lee said:

Nice build, been very tempted to build one of these myself but not sure I can justify it after putting every trickbit immaginable onto a Sidewinder X1.  

Did you buy this as a kit with the aluminium functional parts? or source them separately.

The voron kit and the aluminium parts were separate kits from different suppliers. The Voron kit is from Formbot and the alloy parts are from Toaiot. It was worth the money I think. I would have gone with a bamboo x1 if the build volume was a bit bigger.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

late to the party but wanted to say nice build 🙂

I was looking at a Voron, but i was kinda sick of the fact that about 50% of my time was tinkering with my Ender 3 to get it to run right, keep the bed level, actually get a first layer down, etc. The vorons are awesome, but I wasn't after another printer that was a hobby in itself, I'm weak and just wanted a tool to make things. I went the X1-C +AMS route about a month ago and it's awesome. The damn thing just prints, though it still needs a little TLC and cleaning but it's night and day compared to the Ender. And my wireless extender arrived today so I can finally ditch the SD cards altogether 🙂

• Like 1

• Administrators

Would love to see the some of the results your getting off the X1-C. I so nearly bought one, but as I said before, I think the build volume is just that tiny bit too small. If they make a 300mm version I think I would jump at one.

Have a Flash forge adventurer 4, has been pretty good so far, really would like to get a top of the wazza printer, but just cant justify the price, don't have the patience to build one so hats off to you.

Edited by prktkljokr
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, cwispy said:

Would love to see the some of the results your getting off the X1-C. I so nearly bought one, but as I said before, I think the build volume is just that tiny bit too small. If they make a 300mm version I think I would jump at one.

It really does just work out of the box. PLA prints fast and flawlessly, but i've mostly moved to ABS, which i was never brave enough to try with the Ender. I was getting a little warping with the stock profiles for ABS on the X1-C, so went to 270 hotend 105 bed temps. I also have a blanket over the top. Well, a queen bed sheet folded up so it's over the left/right sides and top with the AMS on top of that. I can then use the chamber fan to regulate the temp and keep the chamber anywhere from about 50-65 degrees. Not quite ideal for ABS but very close. I haven't had a single first layer failure, and only some extreme overhangs, basically printing on air, that would sometimes spaghetti out. The machine has recovered an ABS print from a blackout lasting 90minutes, and i can only just tell which layer the problem was.

Yeah, i hear you about the bed size tho. And it gets encroached upon further by the calibration markers and the filament purge for the lidar. But the X1-C was working so well i tried a few longer ABS prints diagonally across the bed and they all came out flawlessly. TBQH i'd be happy to try things angled off the bed to get a top-corner to bottom-corner length of, what, 43cm? I was looking at the Creality K1 and K1 Max but the reviews came back kinda wishy washy at best.

I really wanted a machine to move up from PLA, and i'm loving the results so far - just like the reviews say. I need to try some PA for sure. Shame that Nylon-CF only comes in black though. And that i'm not a millionaire so i can actually buy it, but hey 🙂

And OMG Orca-slicer! Amazing, I love it. Powerful, easy to use, connects to the printer wirelessly from your PC so you can just send prints. And you can monitor the camera and change all the settings remotely. And from the Bambu phone app too. Jesus, this is turning into a commercial, but i really am happy with the purchase so far 🙂 I know all that can be done with Klipper and Octoprint etc., but like i said, i wanted a machine to make stuff, not to keep tinkering with and spending money on. My only gripe is that the chamber lighting is a bit dim, but that's a $20 fix...

Edited by buttersoft
  • Like 1