Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Moving and a new games room.

Railways

I'm currently in the throes of packing everything up to move north after being here 36 years.

I've already packed up the pinnies and most pinball stuff for storage until the big day.

I've just wrapped and packed the last Railways order for this year and probably until early next year. Enquiries welcome but if I haven't got what you need on hand, apologies.

If I have it on hand pick up is welcome but no freight. I currently haven't got the time and resources at the moment.

cheers Jeff

Edited by Railways
  • Like 11

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Railways said:

I'm currently in the throes of packing everything up to move north after being here 36 years.

I've already packed up the pinnies and most pinball stuff for storage until the big day.

I've just wrapped and packed the last Railways order for this year and probably until early next year. Enquiries welcome but if I haven't got what you need on hand, apologies.

If I have it on hand pick up is welcome but no freight. I currently haven't got the time and resources at the moment.

cheers Jeff

How far north? 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pinballer said:

Best of luck with the move Jeff.

Thanks Stu, Amazing how much "stuff" we've accumulated over 36 years .   OMG!!!!!  I actually started finishing off the odd job here and there and repainting a little under a year ago.

2 hours ago, Cruiser said:

All the very best for your move north Jeff, how far north are you going ??

Thanks Brett. Up around the Maitland area. Thats where our daughters and grandkids live. Haven't decided exactly where but our house is on the market and we've had good interest thus far even considering it's Xmas.

2 hours ago, Pop Bumper Pete said:

you will need a fleet of moving trucks

Thanks Pete. Not far wrong sir. I've already put 10 pins, a jukebox and loads of "stuff" into a storage unit already. Delivered one pin back to a mate at Cardiff this morning.

2 hours ago, Arcade King said:

How far north? 🙂

Hunter Valley region.

1 hour ago, bossninja17 said:

Good luck with the move.

Thanks Mark.

14 minutes ago, Gemini2544 said:

If Jeff goes too far North he'll be coming back around to the south, Take that Flat Earthers!

flat earth sour brite crawlers GIF by Trolli

Now thats funny Doug LOL.

Edited by Railways
  • Like 2

Gee Maitland is just a stones throw away from the lovely neck of the woods you live at now isn't it?.

Shit, traveled further than that for work.😄

Good luck on the move mate. Don't do a hernia or a bulging disc like some idiot that may or may not be typing this to you.🥴

Pinballs definitely gain weight the longer you own them.

Not a replacement house yet or haven't found one with a large enough games room?.😉

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Autosteve said:

Gee Maitland is just a stones throw away from the lovely neck of the woods you live at now isn't it?.

Shit, traveled further than that for work.😄

Good luck on the move mate. Don't do a hernia or a bulging disc like some idiot that may or may not be typing this to you.🥴

Pinballs definitely gain weight the longer you own them.

Not a replacement house yet or haven't found one with a large enough games room?.😉

Thanks Steve. Not neccessarily Maitland but the Hunter in general. You're right though that Maitland itself is only 80 minutes from here.

Yep, they seem to get heavier as you get older. Old mate Mark and I moved 10 into storage plus a jukebox in the one day and these ol' farts were rooted I'm telling you.

Not a games room, thinking more of a shed when the right house comes along.

Good luck with the move Jeff the Hunter valley is  truely a beautiful place to live my uncle used to live in paterson many many moons ago then when he moved to Vacy i lived with him for while loved it a great spot to reside 

theres a lot of awsome properties in the hunter valley many with superb sheds i hope you find exactly what you are looking for 

get settled in then relax and enjoy all the hunter has to offer and play a hell of a lot of pinball

Edited by The Big Easy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, The Big Easy said:

Good luck with the move Jeff the Hunter valley is  truely a beautiful place to live my uncle used to live in paterson many many moons ago then when he moved to Vacy i lived with him for while loved it a great spot to reside 

theres a lot of awsome properties in the hunter valley many with superb sheds i hope you find exactly what you are looking for 

get settled in then relax and enjoy all the hunter has to offer and play a hell of a lot of pinball

Thanks Damien. I'll let you know where we end up so you can pop in again if you are heading south.

3 hours ago, Gemini2544 said:

Sheds make a great mancave, Just make sure the main north wall gets some tree shadows on it. They really heat up in Summer.

Good tip Doug but I think we'll end up with a shed already on the property so I probably won't have a say in that.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JustAnotherRat said:

If you need help at the other end let me know... I'm not too far.

Thanks Clint. I'm thinking I'll do a pin set up day with sausage sizzle etc. so I'll keep you in mind.  It's a long way off though.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• 2 months later...

Just an update but we have bought a property up near Maitland. I now have a 3 year old 6.5 x 7.0 insulated, powered shed with a pebblecrete drive and the house is great but love the shed.

It seems I have a NIB game being delivered by Shannon on Tuesday/Wednesday. The rest of the games should be here the day before.

BUT.

We have a lot of  settling in to do before hand let alone some Railways orders to catch up on.

Still keen on hosting a set up day but baby steps after living here for 37 years.

IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

• Like 13
  • Love 4

Gee, lovely shed mate. I know it's insulated but what an ideal time to double or triple that "R" rating. Just another layer of the foil sarking will double what it is now which from the looks is usually between R2-4.5.

Can't forget the roof. Heat rises . Ideal time to go OP on the electricity as well.........Can't ever have to many power points.

Love the shed Jeff, you've done well.

Edited by Autosteve
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Replay said:

I’d be tempted to epoxy the floor Jeff, I got a kit from Bunnings, easily did my 6x6m with some left over. 

Spot on Rob. My son in law has some left over from his shed 5 months ago that I can have. 2/3rds of the floor will be carpet tiled and the other 1/3rd will be epoxy around the work bench and beer fridge.

6 hours ago, Pinoffski said:

It took me years to drop in to see you at the old place..

Will not leave it so long this time. 

Looks great mate ..

Thanks Dave, You know you're always welcome.

6 hours ago, Autosteve said:

Gee, lovely shed mate. I know it's insulated but what an ideal time to double or triple that "R" rating. Just another layer of the foil sarking will double what it is now which from the looks is usually between R2-4.5.

Can't forget the roof. Heat rises . Ideal time to go OP on the electricity as well.........Can't ever have to many power points.

Love the shed Jeff, you've done well.

Thanks Steve. Yep the insulating is pretty thick and it does have a whirly bird on the roof to evacuate the rising heat plus when the roller door is up and the general access sliding glass door is open there is a nice cross breeze.

A lot of the GPO's will have to be converted to 4 outlets and a couple extra added in as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well we are in. Have done a few catch-up Railways orders. Next is start work on laying out the shed. It's killing me that I now have my Fathom Mermaid and its still NIB. It's sitting there in the carton surrounded by the other games almost saying "Come, dig me out of the middle and let me loose".

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 1