Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Rotating VGA image via hardware adaptor ?

Is this possible - is there a VGA converter/adaptor that will flip the image 180 degrees ? I have googled but without much luck. 

I'm not using Windows/Pi, so I can't rotate the image through software. (using a Pandora Box CX. No options to flip the output)

The 4:3 Dell LCD I'm using doesn't have any option to flip the display either. 

Hopefully someone knows of a magic little box or something.... cheers

On 04/12/2022 at 12:34 PM, Brad said:

Is it not possible to physically flip the monitor 180 degrees?

That's why i want to flip the image, so i can mount the LCD upside down for the best view angle for a tabletop. Done it using Pi plenty of times and it's easy, but there is no option with the Pandora CX box to rotate the image in software

22 hours ago, Gemini2544 said:

I've mirrored imaged & flipped 180 degrees just messing around with the CRT yoke wires. Sorry just saw  you are talking about a LCD?

Yeh, LCD... it's not possible to rewire VGA for LCD to flip the image unfort.

Edit: There is a box that will do it - it's made for teleprompters and it costs > $1k 🤣

The problem when you don't have software to flip and process the image is your converter box needs onboard memory / ability to store the image, flip it, then display it again. That's a fail for this Pandora box I've been trialling not having the option to flip the image, it kind of makes them useless for anything bar Upright Machines or using with CRT. A shame, as the Pandora CX seems like a decent system really well priced, with great other options and a good menu system. 

Edited by Jed
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Autosteve said:

HDMI is flippable. Your Pi setups would have been HDMI or you have your heart set on VGA with the Pandora?.

https://telepromptermirror.com/hdmi-mirrorbox/

My Pi setups have all been VGA. I use Dell 19" 4:3 LCD via VGA converter ($6) and flip the image in the Pi config.txt. Easy.

I wanted to do the same with the Pandora (use the 4:3 Dell LCD via VGA) but it lacks the ability to flip the image. 

That box you linked is $500 🤣 that's more than twice what it costs me to make a full machine.