IGNORED

Best lever microswitches for MCA joysticks?

Atari26OO

Question

I'm having so much trouble making the movements successful with a range of lever switches.. I've had to cut the lever to make them a 'medium' length, otherwise they conflict / touch one another and if you get this slightly out, it just doesn't work. Can anyone recommend good locally available switches that will work straight out of the box. thanks so much

3 answers to this question

Hi,

Are your original switches crapped out or Do you not like the them and looking for an alternative?

I have Swann 57 series in my MCA, marked as CS127N

They are in Singapore though so not sure how easy it will be to get some from them. But they have the correct lever type you are looking for L41.

https://www.swannswitch.com/series-57/

Otherwise if you dont like the originals but still have them, pop the cover and remove the lever to swap into the new switches. Not 100% sure if this will work but I think it might.

13 hours ago, dime666bag said:

@OzStick 

www.ozstick.com.au has the best lever microswitches imo. Cheerz

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Ace1942 said:

Hi,

Are your original switches crapped out or Do you not like the them and looking for an alternative?

I have Swann 57 series in my MCA, marked as CS127N

They are in Singapore though so not sure how easy it will be to get some from them. But they have the correct lever type you are looking for L41.

https://www.swannswitch.com/series-57/

Otherwise if you dont like the originals but still have them, pop the cover and remove the lever to swap into the new switches. Not 100% sure if this will work but I think it might.

Cheers, thanks - I'll explore this!