IGNORED

MGLLIV - Game 3 ~ Q bert (closes 18-Dec)

Evan

!@#? …

MGLLIV - Game 3 ~ Q*bert

Nominated by gamer: @dbh

ROMSet 0.183: qbert (us set 1)

538911384_mgl54game3qbert.thumb.png.113b42e48bfe96d1bed4514509fae213.png

Game story:

Q*bert must jump all over multiple pyramids and change the color of every block top. It is simply your job to guide him safely through each stage, avoid all the enemies who would like to stop him in his quest.

Score Submissions:

Please start a new post for each score you submit, with your score as the first line and a screen shot of your score and initials. This game will end at 10a.m United Kingdom time on Sunday, 18th December, 2022.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states, No cheats allowed. Your scoring attempt ends after your 5th death. The use of the trick to cause all enemies to disappear is BANNED.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 3 … Slick Sam … 

Last played in MGL39 over 3 years ago

QB_Slick.png.824eb5a2ea4bdec40a24fc3a4aa28d2d.png

• Thanks 1

Hi. Can someone please tell me where I can get a WORKING qbert rom?! I've been to 8 sites and none of them work. Every rom I've used, when ran through 106 and 183 says I'm missing a sh!tload of .bin files. 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by SMK
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SMK said:

Hi. Can someone please tell me where I can get a WORKING qbert rom?! I've been to 8 sites and none of them work. Every rom I've used, when ran through 106 and 183 says I'm missing a sh!tload of .bin files. 

Untitled.jpg

Might be something else at play here, because the list of ROMs that are "not found" in the error above is the entire qbert.zip set, and the required set doesn't seem to have changed for a very long time...
... except that from 0.181 you will also need votrax.zip

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, SMK said:

Oi. Alguém pode me dizer onde posso obter uma rom qbert FUNCIONANDO ?! Já estive em 8 sites e nenhum deles funciona. Cada ROM que usei, quando executado em 106 e 183, diz que estou perdendo um monte de arquivos .bin. 

Sem título.jpg

Just like Terencew said, I needed to download the votrax file to run it on wolfmame 183.

I'll leave here the rom I'm using and the votrax file. Just put them in the rom folder. :)

votrax.zip qbert.zip

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wan1993 said:

Just like Terencew said, I needed to download the votrax file to run it on wolfmame 183.

I'll leave here the rom I'm using and the votrax file. Just put them in the rom folder. 🙂

votrax.zip 590 B · 2 downloads qbert.zip 24.74 kB · 1 download

Thank you Wan1993 for the votrax.inp file. I added it to my rom folder and I got it running! 

18 hours ago, terencew said:

Might be something else at play here, because the list of ROMs that are "not found" in the error above is the entire qbert.zip set, and the required set doesn't seem to have changed for a very long time...
... except that from 0.181 you will also need votrax.zip

Thanks Terencew. I got it running!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can do so much better. I have to get used to turning my Hotrod joystick around to accommodate the diagonal inputs. That votrax.inp file I stuck in my rom folder causes the game to do some weird things with the sound that you would expect from coining up a Williams Defender. Then at other times in the game, the sound cuts out completely, but then comes back minutes later. Weird paranormal sh!t. LOL. 😅 At least the game plays fine. 

SMK_qbert_163,150_wolf183.png

• Like 1