IGNORED

S K Jukebox

My goal is to make a jukebox using the S K Jukebox software.

It seems the XP OS is what it was built to run on, my question would be since it is a 32bit software would it be better to just install XP Pro or XP home edition 32bit OS ?

I also like the idea of having two monitors, one for videoclips the other for scrolling/flipping through albums using buttons on a control panel.

Any ideas or suggestions' would be appreciated. 

• Administrators

From memory it shouldn't matter with XP whether Pro or Home. Given the age of both XP and SK Jukebox I think 32 bit is your best option

Brad

Long time user of SK here because it simply works. I have not really played with my settings in a very long time because of this. 

I did use version 4.0 for a while as that is the version that used video clips. But it remains buggy and limited due to the programmer, SalmonKing stopping development.

It unfortunately to my knowledge wasn't developed for 2 screens so not sure anyone can help with that. 

Mine runs on Windows XP, 32 bit on a totally stand alone PC. 

On 19/11/2022 at 8:54 AM, Brad said:

From memory it shouldn't matter with XP whether Pro or Home. Given the age of both XP and SK Jukebox I think 32 bit is your best option

Brad

Thanks Brad.  Just finished doing a clean install of Win XP Pro SP3 32bit on old desktop pc. 

On 21/11/2022 at 4:45 AM, Crafty said:

Long time user of SK here because it simply works. I have not really played with my settings in a very long time because of this. 

I did use version 4.0 for a while as that is the version that used video clips. But it remains buggy and limited due to the programmer, SalmonKing stopping development.

It unfortunately to my knowledge wasn't developed for 2 screens so not sure anyone can help with that. 

Mine runs on Windows XP, 32 bit on a totally stand alone PC. 

Are you using version 3.0 for music only?

I've installed version 4.0.1, which I guess was the final release and wonder whether some of the bugs you speak of had been fixed.

Just looking through the release notes now.

sk jukebox read me text doc.JPG

On 21/11/2022 at 6:51 AM, Davefjedi said:

I use Etouch jukebox it supports multi display so does as you ask use 1 screen for selection and the 2nd for video clip display 

few threads on here about it 

Thank you. I will keep Etouch in mind. 

I've used both versions and settled on the previous version before 4. As it just works for me. I gave up on the music clip option. Simply happy to have a jukebox. If you get the video's working I might revisit the whole shebang again 🙂

18 hours ago, Crafty said:

I've used both versions and settled on the previous version before 4. As it just works for me. I gave up on the music clip option. Simply happy to have a jukebox. If you get the video's working I might revisit the whole shebang again 🙂

ok, been testing some video formats and have it playing .mpg and .wmv  files .  Tried .avi and .mp4 and while they do play audio, the video playback is just that psychedelic visualizations.  The good thing about it playing .wmv files is they are generally a small  file in terms of video format.  Going to look into Windows Media Player 9  a bit more since this is what S K Jukebox uses.

1 (1).JPG

1 (2).JPG

Edited by sjb
mistake with file format, changed from .wma to .wmv
  • Like 2