Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MCA joystick microswitch replacement problem

Hi all - I've replaced the old brown microswitches on one of my MCA arcade sticks and while there's good contact and 'clicking' on each direction, I'm finding that there's 'stuck' movement, particularly when going up and down. So for example, when scolling through my Attract Mode front end games list, it will continuously scroll up or down until I jerk the stick firmly in the opposite direction. Any advice please on how to resolve this? Do I need to bend the microswitch levers to reduce the contact?

i have had to pull the switches apart and use the levers off the old switches in this situation before.. i had new chinese ones that were not quite the same angles in the first bit where it leaves the switch body and curves around

(thinking about this more.. from memory it didnt work well either. I think i ended up buying better switches (cherry)

Edited by wiredoug
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wiredoug said:

i have had to pull the switches apart and use the levers off the old switches in this situation before.. i had new chinese ones that were not quite the same angles in the first bit where it leaves the switch body and curves around

(thinking about this more.. from memory it didnt work well either. I think i ended up buying better switches (cherry)

ok thanks - may have to tweak around and see how I go!

• Like 1