Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Moisture in your Arcades and Pinballs -BAD!!

Ponty

Hi Guys

Just want to share what I have been doing with regards to moisture in my cabs and pinnies  after recent issues over the years with corrosion, stuffed chassis etc etc  - 

A common issue that Jomac has mentioned to me previously 

Mainly due to our great climate here on the Gold Coast and probably all of the East coast of Australia - Wet weather and humidity are not good for our machines

So I recently started putting in Damp Rid containers in my cabs to see what if any moisture was around 

So all my machines are in a enclosed game room which is well lined and sealed with no windows and good ventilation when open 

We have had above average rain here for winter (and the rest of the country probably) and with summer coming, storm season and increased humidity

Conclusion - 

I check the containers ever couple of weeks and drain any collected water out and top up the crystals if necessary

I did this during the week and found at least 1/2 to full cup of water in each container!   Not good

So do anyone else do this or have any other measures in place to help??

20221106_092843.jpg

20221106_093157.jpg

Edited by Ponty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

You don't get this problem when the machines are turned on daily as the heat generated inside the cab creates airflow but who can afford that with non money making machines.

Always be aware of machines coming out of storage and being told, "it worked perfectly the last time I played it". A cup of rice inside each machine won't hurt either.

Great topic @Ponty

• Like 1

Good call on the Damp Rid. I throw a sachet of desiccant in each of my cabinets, too. One in the main cabinet and one in the backbox.

My games are in a fully insulated and well sealed garage. I have a humidity sensor which logs the humidity every 30 mins. Even in Sydney, where our climate is slightly milder, humidity regularly sits in the 50-80% range. I've attached a pic of the humidity readings for July. It's a good example of how much things can fluctuate in just a month.

I would prefer it to stay <50% as this seems to be the point where rust and corrosion become an issue. But it's almost impossible to reach these lower levels of humidity here without a dehumidifier so that's the next step.

Screenshot_2022-11-06-20-10-50-46.jpg

Edited by ocyen
  • Like 1