Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLLIII - Game 7 ~ Vigilante (closes 16-Oct)

Red Mohawk...

MGLLIII - Game 7 ~ Vigilante

Nominated by gamer: @lasice

ROMSets:

0.106-0.139: vigilant - "Vigilante (World)"

0.140-0.155: vigilant - "Vigilante (World, set 1)"

0.156-0.161: vigilantb - "Vigilante (bootleg)"

0.162: vigilanbl - "Vigilante (bootleg)"

0.163-0.170: vigilantbl - "Vigilante (bootleg)"

692775818_mgl53game7.thumb.png.630c34412fc4df3f5ff8dbba5301c904.png

Game Story:

Players control the titular character using punches and kicks to defeat the Skinheads in a 2D platform manner, while sometimes picking up and using nunchaku against them. If players get hurt while holding nunchuku, they become unarmed. 

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 16th October 2022, 10a.m United Kingdom time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 7 - beat 'em up...

375px-Vigilante_ARC_US_flyer.jpg.e39440b63dad5d9afb8cc769b81fcbf3.jpg

Edited by Evan
  • Thanks 1

Really? Can that be the case with a time limit? I did check the scores on highscore.com and saw that Shabaz had a 200 k run. But arguably that was from point pressing and not leeching. Interesting - I'm curious to know where that point is. Evan can maybe make sure we avoid it. 

Dumple has a 50 k run video on HS.com which is pure progress for the most part; bare minimum of retreating or beating "respawning" enemies. 

Top score on RetroUprising is 84 k - there's also an 81 k full clear. 

For my score I retreated from gun wielding enemies and held back a little on level 1. I eventually died just before the level 3 boss. 

• Thanks 1

As far as I can tell, you can avoid death by timeout by crouching. ANYWHERE.
But then as soon as you stand up, you die.

So if you have nunchaku, the extra range allows you to fairly safely pick off your enemies. From memory, doing this while a boss is on screen defeats the purpose, as you finish the round... I think.

There's a 1CC no hit on YT that only scores 44k, so there's no way we're going to avoid pressing here - I guess just no crouching timeout exploit?

• Thanks 2

979FE7A4-5AF3-4020-97A8-EEEACF6FFB52.jpeg.e4392edc7f23cb7e6020027476baf8cc.jpeg

A coin muncher and not much fun or maybe it’s just me. Seems like the “I suck at this game-o-meter” for MGL53 is running at about 50% so far. As always I will keep trying when I get time and there is time left on the clock.

• Like 2