Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb Grande Domino 1968

Good to see another EM bought back to life Tony. Would be great to have the space for more EM's titles my collection. I recently purchased a Virtual Pinball machine and while not the same experience as real tables, it does give you the ability to a least play many EM tables which you would not have had the opportunity see and play.

The VP does have the Domino table and I played a game on it this morning after checking it was available. 

Here a pic of the VP table.

20220930_095444.thumb.jpg.44a36a6728cd25732717cd044783fd06.jpg

• Like 1

brings out the survey draftsman in me from the early 80s. love using those old skills to make a copy off the flyer on a3 and rescaling it all back.

get the stencils done by eye and scale, putting it together just like a jigsaw..with a dash of maths.

hope some of these photos show how the game is going.

20221002_185820.jpg

20221002_185802.jpg

20221002_192629.jpg

20221002_193736.jpg

20221002_194645.jpg

Edited by illawarra_steelers
  • Like 5

not much done today. had a look at the 4 tired old 31" legs today.

probably the worst i have ever seen. 

saved 2, hit them with a wire wheel on the grinder, these 2 will go on the rear.

went through my stash of legs and found 2 much better 31" legs that cleaned up pretty well and will go on the front.

20221009_165904.jpg

20221009_174516.jpg

• Like 2

cab finally finished.

will turn my attention back to baseball next weekend as the new pbr should arrive to finish it during the week.

am i happy with the results? kinda. would i do the colours in gloss again? no

just to add, had nothing to work with regarding the cabinet design. had to redo the design off the flyer which was a challenge. is the design perfect? no but it's a 100x better than what it was.

should of added installed new @Railwaysside rails on this old girl. had the privilege of young jeff being down in my part of the world and him kindly bringing them down.

20221016_170106.jpg

Edited by illawarra_steelers
sp
  • Like 9

I image the gloss is what you don't like?.

You wouldn't think of spraying a coat of matt clearcoat over it Tony?

Matt clearcoat usually results in yellowing the whites a little and takes a bit of the shine off gloss.

As it is it looks a vast improvement to me.

3 hours ago, illawarra_steelers said:

cab finally finished.

will turn my attention back to baseball next weekend as the new pbr should arrive to finish it during the week.

am i happy with the results? kinda. would i do the colours in gloss again? no

just to add, had nothing to work with regarding the cabinet design. had to redo the design off the flyer which was a challenge. is the design perfect? no but it's a 100x better than what it was.

should of added installed new @Railwaysside rails on this old girl. had the privilege of young jeff being down in my part of the world and him kindly bringing them down.

20221016_170106.jpg

Nice work Tony.

Quite enjoyed our chat and catching up under the caravan shade awning. You live in a very beautiful area of OZ. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, thejudge said:

Looks a little different on the right side? Will that affect anything? 

yes the credit unit window is still there. the guy that made the one off used a scan off a domino (the replay version). i took high resolution photos of the text parts on the backglass in italian and emailed them. he had stitched everything together.

just have to accept it, maybe get some white film and cover it?

still it's a 100x better than what it was.

• Like 2

On 25/09/2022 at 6:18 PM, Cruiser said:

Agreed    miss Pinball Rescue
I did buy a few extra items before they closed, but I have had many rainy days since, and it starting to dry up

Done the same ordered stuff that I’ll probably never use but have it just incase 

• Like 2