Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 34 - Game 1 ~ Pac-Mania (closes 26-Nov)

OOO

3D woka woka woka …

MGLXXXIV – Game 1 ~ Pac-Mania

RpIZM8Z.png

Nominated by gamer: Tongki Linderman, NY, USA

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: Pacmania

Game Story:

A 3-D version of the original classic. A bounce button allows Pac-Man to jump over ghosts. Additionally, there are more ghosts, some of which also have the capability to jump whenever Pac-Man jumps.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials.

This game finishes Sunday 26 November 2017, 7pm Sydney time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed. *** You may freely choose your starting level ***

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 1 … Jump over the ghosts! …

reNwOcE.png

j7D8e0W.jpg

Edited by OOO

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have struggled for ages over the years to hit 200,000 on the Pacman Museum version of this game on Steam, sadly without success (Often getting around 180,000...)

However, being able to select level on this version definitely made my goal a bit easier - finally hit a PB: 216, 960. :)

0004.png.8ba7a5c0c8a004368ee0bdd6c8b44b43.png

This is my very first score post to the MGL. I've definitely enjoyed lurking and browsing these threads for awhile now. I also hope Wolfmame version 0190 is acceptable. Best of luck to all!

Cheers

Rob

I have struggled for ages over the years to hit 200,000 on the Pacman Museum version of this game on Steam, sadly without success (Often getting around 180,000...)

However, being able to select level on this version definitely made my goal a bit easier - finally hit a PB: 216, 960. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119203[/ATTACH]

This is my very first score post to the MGL. I've definitely enjoyed lurking and browsing these threads for awhile now. I also hope Wolfmame version 0190 is acceptable. Best of luck to all!

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob, congratulations on your new PB. Yes version 0190 is fine. I wonder how much higher you can improve on your score? Enjoy your gaming and go get them ghosts!

A tiny improvement: 232, 150. I can possibly do a little better if I don't waste my lives by getting too greedy at key moments. :)

0006.png.7f4c3868ccade4789ebb058289feeb4c.png

Many thanks for the welcomes and also for the encouragement from OOO.

I suspect if ToaTahua003 from RetroUprising is on these boards we're all dead Pacs. :) (http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade.php?act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=5927)

A tiny improvement: 232, 150. I can possibly do a little better if I don't waste my lives by getting too greedy at key moments. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119226[/ATTACH]

I suspect if ToaTahua003 from RetroUprising is on these boards we're all dead Pacs. :) (http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade.php?act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=5927)

Welcome my friend, I suspect that there will be members here as well that are going to push scores considerably higher. It's the MGL.

Welcome my friend, I suspect that there will be members here as well that are going to push scores considerably higher. It's the MGL.

You're right of course Creech77, although some players may be temporarily distracted this weekend at least by the Netherworld Kong Off. :) That looks to be an epic event indeed. There's also a Matchplay pinball tournament in Melbourne this weekend too I believe.

I'm sure the onslaught will no doubt come on Pacmania though in due course. :)

2068848702_SMK_pacmania_200310_wolf106.png.b19b7a127ea5fb699ca007870a9b5d59.png

Welcome to the 200k club. And this is how many games it took me to get this score:

1593100981_PacmaniaTotalPlays2.thumb.jpg.315454eeb6b3dab541cd079d8db7a6bd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119226[/ATTACH]

Welcome Pessimeister. I checked him out. He's pretty good, but there's another beast we mustn't awaken. I'll give some hints. He's from NYC and nominated this game. :) Oh and his PB's in the 7 digits. He handily beat the arcade record from '88 by almost 7x.

Man, what a day - Barra killscreened DK in the Netherworld Kong Off qualifiers, meanwhile, I make another piddly improvement to my Pacmania PB. :D

260, 490

0008.png.27cf668744bdeaf22ca87a6d7c92aa8b.png

Note to self: Leaving dots in the top section of that 4th round screen without any power pellets left is quite perilous to one's remaining lives. :)

Hey guys!

I'd just thought I'd let you all in on a little project that I am starting.

Im converting an office into a small retro games room!...Whoop!

If you would like, please click the link below to see the room as it is now and the progress over these coming weeks/months.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/90939-Beginning-of-the-games-room?p=1131907#post1131907

Cheers!