Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

6 Cabinet pickup- Update

Well I didn't plan on getting 6 but I think I got really lucky

After spotting a post on here about a Taito space invaders cab on Gumtree near Ipswich I rang the seller and got it

I wasn't looking for one but I think any collection has to have one!

Speaking to the seller he mentioned he had some other machines that he was selling so of I went with some extra cash (just in case)

2 trips 6 cabs later

Plan to keep them all and restore at this stage

1/ Taito space invaders empty cab - has an unknown monitor inside it ,seller didnt know if it was from it

It does have the wrong bezel (pt2) but its in good condition

The cab is in good condition overall just needs a decent clean paid $400

2/ Neo geo with 8 carts - the boards are not hooked up so I haven't tested it $200

3/ a low low boy ?? working with 'Tiger heli" game" - seller said it was made especially for expo 88 ? Cool looking design $100

4/ world rally - not tested $100

5/ Outrun upright - powers up but no picture or sound - outside needs work also came with a Turbo outrun PCB which I assume can be swapped in $150

6/ And the best find of the lot IMO - Mirco challenger (4 player pong) and a spare pcb Thanks to Kaizen for educating me on this -will be in touch $250

Also some pcb,s - 2 Snow bros, Karate champ , choplifter, Donkey Kong (unsure) and suzuka 8 hour 2 - none tested

20190418_101235.thumb.jpg.d3592e82decbe26688d45865411294b7.jpg 20190418_101257.thumb.jpg.00d056ad666c95febdc9a15f3295fb6a.jpg 20190418_102020.thumb.jpg.76fabd26e0d55fa80a5626448e013ed5.jpg

20190418_092932.thumb.jpg.8f9a11ba5f30aa900350aae059aa2cad.jpg

20190415_173030.thumb.jpg.0d7ac6175b0a02b79de7de3c0e574c4e.jpg

Edited by Ponty

Aww yeah these are the best kind of finds - trying to hide the excitement/contain the emotion when you see the stash they have - "oh wow, those old things? yeah, I guess i can take them off your hands...."

F#%k You though Ponty :P - I dream of having those situations haha

These days an outrun board in unknown condition , can sell for more than $150 . With this type of luck you should rush out and get a X lotto ticket before it wares off !:sm1:

My luck has run out I got my car rego in the mail today!

Aww yeah these are the best kind of finds - trying to hide the excitement/contain the emotion when you see the stash they have - "oh wow, those old things? yeah, I guess i can take them off your hands...."

F#%k You though Ponty :P - I dream of having those situations haha

The funny thing was the seller knew they were worth more but just wanted them gone asap - Right time right place

Great score.!

Yes, that's an Expo 88 cab, I've got one as well.. Great little cabs they are.

Nice...

Cool good to know its a great little cab

Expo 88 was huge - I was 19 and had just landed from NZ - had never seen so many people in one place!!

Instant games room, just add........BEER! (and dopey arcade buddies drinking said beer)

Yes - Completely forgot

The seller was also selling on Gumtree this bar set with duff beer on it $30

Might as well throw that on the ute as well!

duff.thumb.jpg.e0025861f5fb038092fcda280f143180.jpg

Yes - Completely forgot

The seller was also selling on Gumtree this bar set with duff beer on it $30

Might as well throw that on the ute as well!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=146469

ooh I had one of those years ago but being outside under veranda it didn't hold up very well so ended up trashing it from memory.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Just thought I would do an update on the 6 cabs I picked up

A bit like the "where are they now" videos

My main plan was to get them basically up and running and then "pretty" them up later

1/ Space Invaders empty cab - still the same -will be a long term project I would say

2/ Neo Geo - Up and running (mostly) motherboards can be temperamental at times Mrs loves playing puzzle bobble!

Will redo some artwork at some time -sides , marquee control panel

3/ The expo low boy - Plan to put in a Crazy Kong board that I got (Thanks to Kaizen for fixing it) and some new artwork and repaint

4/ World Rally - Ended up getting a new board (https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/99835-World-Rally-PCB-issue-Part-2!) and again will do some new artwork and a paint job at some stage - Its a fun game

5/ Sega Outrun - Sent the board to Jomac who got it going and is up and running - Going to spend some time on this cab as its a definite keeper and looks great sitting next to my Crusin USA!

20190617_100707.thumb.jpg.18e56cfee189dbe89c0216eeaf7ffb3c.jpg

6/ Mirco Challenger - Huge thanks to Kaizen for getting it up and running - Repaired both boards and monitor and runs great - nice having a 45 year old piece of gaming history - Just needs a little tidy up on the outside