Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Jjp POTC Sydney?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Well that’s not going to work then. You will bolt it to the floor and I will be forever doing Sydney road trips. :confused:

It’s ME you are talking about, 4 months and I’ll help you load it. Think it’s Nathan who we should worry about! Won’t let it go once he gets it! Lol! :P

It’s ME you are talking about, 4 months and I’ll help you load it. Think it’s Nathan who we should worry about! Won’t let it go once he gets it! Lol! :P

Yes you’re probably right. He’s a bigger POTC fan than me......although I have had three :lol

This JJP does look very nice though. Maybe if I buy his Houdini he can just buy the POTC and stop hounding other people for a game. @Audioenslaved

What does this mean for JJP in Aust? Home use games doing well I hope, but it seems they’re not considered as good value for money by the Sydney ops. @Pinlinds any chance you will get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

The average punter will just see a JJP machine and go yeah ok it’s the same as the stern next to it. So at a 4k difference between a stern premium and a JJP “premium” for about the same coin drop I know which way I’d be turning

The average punter will just see a JJP machine and go yeah ok it’s the same as the stern next to it. So at a 4k difference between a stern premium and a JJP “premium” for about the same coin drop I know which way I’d be turning

I agree, it’s hard for the ops to make a buck on that outlay, but the machines still retain a percentage of their value relative to the purchase cost. Will be interested to see if Deeproot can match the stern model and give some more variety.

From my perspective there are a few reasons why I'm not planning to put a JJP Pirates out on site in Sydney any time soon.

1. Cost is now 15k+ shipping to Sydney vs just under 9k for a Stern pro. Price per game on location is generally $2. I could charge more per play for a game of Pirates, but I don't feel the game would do that well at $3 per game especially sitting next to Deadpool or Munsters at $2 a game (but would love to be proven wrong).

2. To the best of my knowledge there has never been an opportunity to preview the game in Sydney and in this case I would really need to play it first to determine if the rules are too deep for location.

3. JJP games are more complex, they are usually longer playing games which means more wear and tear on the game and chance of a fault to occur.

4. For some reason JJP games appear to loose their value much more than Sterns. Game resale price has become an important factor for operators who need to recover the game price increases some how. Look at AC/DC pro prices in 2012 vs 2018 for example. Basically the same game now costs close to 3k more while cost per game on location remains $2 (as it was in 2012). In order for the operator to recover that extra 3k, it is important to be able to resell the game at a reasonable price.

Don't get me wrong, I really like JJP games and for the record I currently own a HUO WoZ and Hobbit in my own collection. It is just tough to justify putting a JJP Pirates out on site at the moment based on these factors.

Edited by fridgejam

Maybe comparing JJP machines would be more realistic. Hobbit 13k, Dialed In 14k, Pirates now 15k. Some of that increase is due to exchange rate, but some of it is also JJP edging his prices upwards. Regardless these are still price jumps the operator has to factor in while continuing to charge $2 a game.

The only thing not accurate is that JJP loose more value than a Stern That is not True.

Now some operators buy a new game, claim back the GST and 100% tax writeoff then sell the game 6 weeks later for more than they paid without GST for CASH

So a used game with Hundreds of Games used without Warranty and getting back more than it owes them

The only thing not accurate is that JJP loose more value than a Stern That is not True.

Now some operators buy a new game, claim back the GST and 100% tax writeoff then sell the game 6 weeks later for more than they paid without GST for CASH

So a used game with Hundreds of Games used without Warranty and getting back more than it owes them

I guess I was thinking of my HUO Hobbit in particular when I typed that. Paid 13k, would be lucky to get 9.5k less that 2 years later. Dialed in so far appears to be holding its value a bit better.

Some operators may work that way, but I suspect if ever the tax office decides to look a bit closer, they may have some issues.

How come all the JJP machines listed on IpdB have the processor used is a Intel Celeron but POTC lists the processor used is Solid State Electronic (SS)?. Here is the list of JJP machines....

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?mfgid=634&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

Just curios because if they are actually using a proper dedicated pinball set of boards rather than a now old Intel Celeron based PC, I suspect JJPs future machines may in fact hold there value but if they are still using PCs I suspect they will loose there value as that generation of PCs dries up.

Anyone questioning this statement you need to look no further than video machines using a PC inside that is now 10 years old. Most are not working or virtually impossible to find parts.

I suspect the whole reason Williams/ Ballys are increasing in value is because they are repairable 30 years on. Stern to a slightly lesser extent because they use a lot more surface mount components and these scare off a lot of hobbyists.