Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Bowland Pinball Challenge 2019 - 25th-27th Oct - Port Pirie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone think about the prospect of the date of the events being put back a few weeks?

It makes it hard when event conflicts pop up at the last minute, so I guess need to be considering options, which include sticking with the date set at the beginning of the year, or postponing to a later date. The events have been on the IFPA Calendar for some months, but I'm sure it is not too late to make alterations if we act now.

Not wanting anyone to be put out whom may have already organised time off etc. , but thought I would put it out there to see what anyone else thinks.

Cheers!

Have i missed something? Are you and co. Going to flipout? Anyway are you coming around Saturday night for a flip and a bevy? @razorsedge

Sent from my SM-G930F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Have i missed something? Are you and co. Going to flipout? Anyway are you coming around Saturday night for a flip and a bevy? @razorsedge

No mate Lol , it is other organisers that have unfortunately missed something! ... of course a large contingent of us rural south aussies went to flipout last year including you and I, and I know a few of us were planning to go again this year, but we can't be in two places at once! . Pretty disappointing really. I for one actually make the effort to check that there are no clashes with other major tourneys nearby before I go locking in dates for any big events. It isn't that hard, they are all on the calendar.

The current consensus seems to be keeping the date that we set back in May, just putting it out there to try and determine what to do before options expire. Also re-planning 5 IFPA tourneys to a different weekend is quite a bit of effort so close to the events, just have to deal with the s#itty cards that have been dealt I guess. So, I for one won't be making the trek to flipout this year. December worked well for most of us last year, October makes it not an option for me this year, even if it were a different weekend. October is already a busy time. I'm sure most others were expecting it would be December again. Meh, oh well.

SS Pinball and bevvies on Saturday? ... wouldn't miss it for the world mate! :slamtilt: :D

*maybe a bit of progress on that Solar Ride as well!

Edit:-

**The date remains as the originally planned date and nothing changing.

Edited by razorsedge

No mate Lol , it is other organisers that have unfortunately missed something! ... of course a large contingent of us rural south aussies went to flipout last year including you and I, and I know a few of us were planning to go again this year, but we can't be in two places at once! . Pretty disappointing really. I for one actually make the effort to check that there are no clashes with other major tourneys nearby before I go locking in dates for any big events. It isn't that hard, they are all on the calendar.

The current consensus seems to be keeping the date that we set back in May, just putting it out there to try and determine what to do before options expire. Also re-planning 5 IFPA tourneys to a different weekend is quite a bit of effort so close to the events, just have to deal with the s#itty cards that have been dealt I guess. So, I for one won't be making the trek to flipout this year. December worked well for most of us last year, October makes it not an option for me this year, even if it were a different weekend. October is already a busy time. I'm sure most others were expecting it would be December again. Meh, oh well.

SS Pinball and bevvies on Saturday? ... wouldn't miss it for the world mate! :slamtilt: :D

*maybe a bit of progress on that Solar Ride as well!

Haha. Was hoping i was going to flipout.

My 2c is to change the Bowland dates.

Regardless of how the conflict of dates arose, Flipout will attract more people, and running both Bowland and Flipout on the same dates will cut numbers from both events.

I'd like to do both, and I'm guessing maybe ten or more people are in the same boat.

A big Bowland promotion @ Flipout could hopefully grab a handful of players who wouldn't have otherwize considered going to Pirie.

Cheers,

G

**UpdatE**

The dates for the Bowland Pinball Challenge weekend will remain unchanged. The show must go on! ... full steam ahead! :)

25th 26th 27th October 2019

Bowland Port Pirie

As always looking forward to the weekend of pinball! :cool:

Thank you to players paying/confirming their entry sooner rather than later. It really is a big help with putting the event together, and greatly appreciated! :)

I have started Paid Entrants lists for the events at the bottom of the first post, since people have started finalising their entry.

The new batch of trophies are under construction, and there are one or two extras! ;)

TrophiesBPC.jpg.3aeb47b560592d75da58ff296be75ea0.jpg

Also, it is starting to get close... have heard nothing about anyone having any beverage preferences, maybe everyone has given up the drinking? , or perhaps last year Bowland just happened to have their favorites stocked in the pretty small allotment of fridge space? :unsure

Anyway, I think Steve has eskies in readiness for backup this time, as they were definitely needed last year!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

First post has been updated with more details, including guidelines for "slide saves" and "lock stealing".

Basically, slide saving is not allowed at the event, and multi-player matches will not be split on arenas where locked balls can be "stolen" by opponents.

Cheers! :)

23 Trophies for the weekend this time around, including medals for "IPBTTOP"... the Three hand made trophies will be presented to the overall top 3 for the weekend. As with the Federal weekend, there will be points awarded for the top 10 placings for each event, 10 for first through to 1 for tenth place. Total of 50 points maximum are available to earn over the weekend.

TrophiesBPCedit.png.4df4750c0b1164300917d5e9ff63105e.png

These are the trophies which are fabricated from stainless steel, each uniquely hand crafted.

Cheers! :)

A list of Confirmed titles is coming together:

Frankenstein

Demolition Man

Judge Dredd

The Addams Family

Total Nuclear Annihilation

ACDC Premium

The Flintstones

Batman Forever

The Hobbit

Attack From Mars remake