Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

2017 Brisbane Pinball Club

Info for the 2017 season will be released shortly.

Based on feedback from the players, we will be reverting back to holding monthly events, and the format has been changed.

Full information will be posted once IFPA approval comes through.

Cheers,

Lambo

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

This may not come as much of a surprise to you all, but the Brisbane Pinball Club will be moving to the wonderful Netherworld at Fortitude Valley in 2017. For those that don't know, Netherworld can be found on the corner of Brunswick St & St Pauls Tce and has 15 pinballs, 25 arcades, board games, consoles and more! 2017 is shaping up to be huge!

We will be changing to the 3rd Tuesday of every month, starting in February (2nd Tues in September to avoid school holidays). Our first meet at the Barcade will be on Tuesday 21st February.

We will also reverting back to monthly tournaments, which means that results will be submitted to IFPA after each month's meet. This should help grow participants at each meet.

2017 also sees the return of the Bring a friend offer. New players to the BPC introduced by an existing player will receive their first meet for FREE. If the new player returns for a 2nd meet, you will receive your next meet for FREE. Feel free to ask if you have any questions in regards to this offer.

FORMAT: (subject to change each month to suit timing)

Qualifying...

* 4pm-8.30pm approx.

* Play 8 games in Herb style qualifying.

* Comp. games to be chosen by players (see below)

* Top 8 players advance to NRL/AFL finals format.

Final...

* Top 8 players advance to best of 3 head to head matches according to NRL finals format.

* Ties for seedings will be broken the player with the highest ranked machine.

* Top 4 players receive double chance in first round.

* Highest seed chooses which game to play, other player chooses play order. All games in that match are played on the same machine and play order alternates each game.

* Winner is the last remaining player.

There will be cash and prizes to be won at each meet, plus the winner will also pick up a bonus award (to be revealed soon).

Cost for each meet has not changed for 2017 and will remain at $15 per player.

The machines used for each meet will be chosen by the players before each meet (similar to Pinball HQ meets). With 15 machines to choose from, nominations for machines will open the day before each monthly meet. Players will be able to choose one machine to add to the competition via email, Facebook, or this thread, until we have 8 machines confirmed.

The current machine list at Netherworld is as follows:

* Tales from the crypt

* Batman: Dark knight

* Pin*bot

* Flash Gordon

* Revenge from mars

* Funhouse

* Tommy

* Metallica Pro

* Whirlwind

* Magic Castle

* Space Invaders

* The Addams Family

* The Twilight Zone

* Ghostbusters Pro

* Trident

We are really looking forward to this year of pinball. We hope you are too and hope to see you on the 21st Feb. Feel free to message or call me anytime if you have any questions.

P.S. I'm still working on the shirts from the 2016 season. I hope to keep everyone posted with updates as soon as i can. Sorry for the delays.

Cheers,

Lambo

So my wishful thinking has come true

That's fantastic news great job to the organisers ,can't wait to get this years BPC of & running at Netherworld ,I'm sure there would be a few more people joining up as well

Great place for Pinball & have a good feed

Oh & I choose Whirlwind ,I think the extra ball target works on that one as well

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

So my wishful thinking has come true

That's fantastic news great job to the organisers ,can't wait to get this years BPC of & running at Netherworld ,I'm sure there would be a few more people joining up as well

Great place for Pinball & have a good feed

Oh & I choose Whirlwind ,I think the extra ball target works on that one as well

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

Owwwwww

Extra balls are for rookies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please note with qualifying that it doesn't mean that you have to be there by 4pm to start. You can start anytime, however we'd like to try and wrap up all qualifying games by around 8.30pm if possible. Have opened up qualifying to start a little earlier this year for those that would like to get their games done early and avoid the crowd.

• 1 month later...

Just a friendly reminder that kick-off for the new season of Brisbane Pinball Club is this Tuesday!

We will be heading to Netherworld, which is found at the top of Brunswick St in Fortitude Valley.

Players will be able to qualify anytime between 4pm-8.30pm, although the end time may be revised depending on how many players are still to play.

As per IFPA rules & changes in 2017, all scores will need to be verified by a tournament official, which will be either Jimmy, Chris Wade or myself.

Entry fee is still $15 per player.

I also received confirmation today that the 2016 shirts have been completed and are ready for pickup from Strathpine, so I will endeavour to get these sorted before next Tuesday where possible.

I will have some spares left over for those that didn't get to 5 meets last year. They are $25 each, and there is a choice of black or orange shirt. Please advise if you would like one.

Hope to see you all there on the 21st!

Cheers,

Lambo

Thanks for the reminder @Dicky !

The Bring a friend promotion will continue on into 2017.

Introduce a new pinball player* to any Brisbane Pinball Club monthly event - the new player receives their first meet FREE!

If your friend returns for a second meet, you will then receive your next monthly event for FREE!

The more players you introduce, the more months you will get to play for FREE!

New players must not have played in any Brisbane Pinball Club events in the past to be eligible to receive their first week free.

Please PM me for any enquiries in regards to the Bring-a-friend Promo.

Cheers,

Lambo

@Lambo does that mean that you need to physically view the DMD with the scores showing before the next person begins?

Yeah all scores need to be validated. I'm getting there early so there should be any of the three of us to complete this on the evening.

Hey Lambo,

Will there be any pinball going on at Greenslopes this year?

Cheers,

G

Hey G,

Probably not, unless they look at hosting their own comps.

There is now only 3 machines there.

Cheers,

Lambo

- - - Updated - - -

Any games there that aren't nice with the way they display scores post game?

I'm looking at you Sega/Data East, or any game without attract mode screen advance features.

There's a few early Bally/Williams games like that, ie. Fish Tales, T2. But they aren't at the venue.

I think we would only have problems with Tommy and Tales from the Crypt

It's comp day tomorrow afternoon/night and we need to pick the 8 machines we will be playing tomorrow night.

The first 8 players to select a machine will have it locked in for the Brisbane Pinball Club meet for 2017.

Choose from the following:

*Flash Gordon

*Ghostbusters Pro

*The Twilight Zone

*The Addams Family

*Space Invaders

*Whirlwind

*Magic Castle

*Tommy

*Metallica Pro

*Tron Pro

*Batman '66 LE

*Batman: The Dark Knight

Others not listed here won't be included in the possible line-up for tomorrow's tournament. Any machine not used for the tournament will be available for regular pay-to-play use.