Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

2017 TZ Cooly Pinball Classic

Ladies & Gentlemen...

Timezone, Coolangatta Pinball Club & myself present the 2017 TZ Cooly Pinball Classic, to be held at Timezone Coolangatta on March 31st, April 1st & 2nd.

We have 5 IFPA registered competitions over 3 days, with the FIRST EVER Women's exclusive pinball tournament to be held in Australia.

Registrations for each event can be done here, via PM or via email dj_j2008@hotmail.com

Here is the format for the weekend: (all times posted are in QLD time)

Friday 31st March -

6.30pm-11pm: Australia's FIRST Women's Championship $20 entry

6.30pm-11pm: Cooly Classic 3 Strike $20 entry

Saturday 1st April -

9.30am-6.30pm: Qualifying for the TZ Cooly Pinball Classic $40 entry

7.30pm-LATE: Finals for the TZ Cooly Pinball Classic

Sunday 2nd April -

10am-1.30pm: Cooly Flip Frenzy #1 $20 entry

2.30pm-6pm: Cooly Flip Frenzy #2 $20 entry

Machines are likely to include (but not limited to):

* Kiss

* Game of Thrones

* Batman SLE

* Ghostbusters

* The Walking Dead LE

* Whoa Nellie Big Melons

* Iron Man

* Mustang

* America's Most Haunted

* Aerosmith

* Spider-Man VE

* The Walking Dead

* WWE Wrestlemania

Peter, Hollie and I really excited to be able to bring an event of this scale to the Gold Coast for first time and look forward to seeing as many as of you as possible over the 3 day weekend.

The tournament will be set up right next to Timezone's fully stocked bar :D :cheers:

We are also planning to announce great deals on food, accommodation, parking and more in the next few weeks.

As this is also the first weekend of the QLD School Holidays, we are anticipating a few families to come along over the weekend. With this in mind, Timezone Coolangatta have very kindly offered discounts on their gaming packages for any family members visiting during the Championship. Timezone Coolangatta is only minutes from Gold Coast Airport, close to lots of accommodation, a stone's throw from the beach and has bowling, dodgems, laser skirmish and heaps of arcade games to play. Visit www.timezonecoolangatta.com.au for more information.

Banking details for each event are as follows:

Bank: ANZ

BSB: 014-555

Acc No.: 409185485

Name: Hollie Sara Mills

Please quote your name and the events you are paying for as the reference (WC = Women's Championship, FF = Flip Frenzy, CC = Cooly Classic, 2S = 2 Strike).

It's probably also a good idea to let us know that you have made payment as well so we can confirm when received.

If you're really keen and want to make a week of it, the Gold Coast Pinball Club also has their monthly tournament on a few days later on Wednesday, 5th April at Timezone Surfers Paradise as well, which is another IFPA endorsed event. Please contact Gavin Drogemuller @droogi for more info.

Cheers,

Peter, Hollie & Lambo

Edited by Lambo
2 strike is now 3 strike

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EVENT #1:

AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Players will be able to pre-register or register on the night from 6pm.

Qualifying will start from 6.30pm, and we may consider late arrivals to join in until around 7pm.

Qualifying:

* All players will play 10 games (5 machines, 2 games on each), with scoring on each machine to be ranked highest to lowest.

* Points will be awarded for each game 100/99/98... etc.

* The top 4 points winners will advance to the finals (may go to Top 8 depending number of entrants)

* Ties for 4th place will be broken by a single game playoff on a machine chosen at random

Finals: (if Top 4)

* Top 4 players will play all 5 machines in a group of 4. IFPA Match play points will be awarded for each game (7/5/3/1)

* The winner will be the player with the most points won during finals. Ties for any placings will be broken by a single game playoff on a machine chosen at random.

Finals: (if Top 8)

* Top 8 players will be split into 2 groups of 4 according to their qualifying placing. Groups will be split as follows - seeds 1,2,7,8 and seeds 3,4,5,6.

* Each group will play 3 games using the IFPA Match Play scoring (7/5/3/1). Top 2 point scorers in each group will advance to the next round.

* Final group of 4 players will play a further 5 games together, continuing with the IFPA Match Play scoring. Points will NOT carry over.

* The winner will be the player with the most points during the final round of 5 games. Ties for any placings will be broken by a single playoff on a machine chosen at random.

Cost: $20 per player

As mentioned, players can pre-register and supply payment through the banking details to be listed above soon.

We have been looking at running this event for some time now, and we are pleased and very excited that this Women's Championship is coming to life. We all hope to see the best of Women's pinball on the Gold Coast at the end of March and see who will become Australia's first Women's Pinball Champion :)

- - - Updated - - -

EVENT #2:

COOLY CLASSIC 3 STRIKE

Players will be able to pre-register, or register on the night from 6pm

The tournament will start at 6.30pm and due to the nature of this type of event, late players won't be able to join.

This event will be contested in 4 player groups, with groups to be chosen at random.

3rd & 4th players in each game will earn a strike.

Players will be eliminated from the tournament when they have gained 3 strikes.

Cost: $20 per player

As mentioned, players will be able to pre-register and supply early payment through the banking details, soon to be listed in the first post.

- - - Updated - - -

EVENT #3:

TZ COOLY PINBALL CLASSIC

Players are welcome to pre-register, or can register on the day from 9am

Qualifying will be open 9.30am-5.30pm. Players are welcome to play their whenever they wish and take breaks, provided they have all games finished by 5.30pm.

This format is the exact same format used for the 2016 QLD Pinball Open.

Qualifying: (9.30am-5.30pm)

* All players will play 20 games (10 machines, 2 games on each), with scoring on each machine to be ranked highest to lowest.

* Points will be awarded for each game 100/99/98... etc.

* The top 16 points winners will advance to the finals.

* Ties for 16th place will be broken by a single game playoff on a machine chosen at random.

Finals: (6.30pm start)

* Players will be seeded according to their placing after qualifying.* Highest seed will always play lowest seed and so on, until each player has an opponent.

* Finals matches will all be Single Elimination, Best of 5, 2 player head-to-head matches.

* Highest seed in each match has the option of choosing which machine to play, or play order. Highest seed as first machine choice, 2nd highest seed gets next machine choice, etc from what machines are available.

* Entire Best of 5 match will be played on the same machine.* Play order will alternate after each game.

* Winner will be the last player remaining in the competition.

Cost: $40 per player

As mentioned, players will be able to pre-register for this event and can pre-pay to the bank account details to be listed in the first post soon. There is no cap on the number of players that can play in this event.

The best part about this format is that you can play your games when you want during the qualifying time. If you wish to take a break for lunch or go for a walk, you can do so, but keep in mind that it will likely get busier the closer it gets to qualifying closing time.

- - - Updated - - -

EVENTS #4 & #5

COOLY FLIP FRENZY

Players MUST pre-register for this event, as there will be a cap of 45 players for each Flip Frenzy

We will be starting these events as close to the starting time(s) as possible. Late players are welcome to join in, and will start at the back of the existing queue when starting.

Flip Frenzy #1 will run from 10am-1.30pm

Flip Frenzy #2 will run from 2.30pm-6pm

Players are welcome to play in none, one or both of the Flip Frenzy events.

All players are entered into a random draw, with 2 players drawn to play each available machine. First name chosen is the player 1. The rest of the players are placed in one central queue.

When a game is completed:

- The loser stays on the same machine, unless he has lost twice in a row, in which case the winner stays on.

- The player leaving the machine moves to the back of the queue.

- The player staying on the machine plays in the same position (P1/P2) as he played in the previous game.

- The player at the front of the queue moves up to play the player staying on.

At the end of the 3.5 hours, no more games may start. The winner is the player with the most games won. Ties are broken by fewest losses.

Cost: $20 per Flip Frenzy

We are hoping to have a couple of non-playing volunteers to assist with scoring and queues, however if there is anyone else interested in helping, please let Peter, Hollie or myself know.

Each Flip Frenzy event will be capped at a maximum of 45 players only. All players MUST pre-register and pre-pay to have their spot confirmed.

Banking details will be posted in the first post of this thread very soon.

Edited by Lambo

Added Banking details & likely machine list in the first post.

I don't think you mentioned what the fees are yet?

Updated: Aargh, just spotted it. Maybe add that info to the first post so it's all in one place?

Michi.

- - - Updated - - -

Have just transferred $100 for 2S, CC, and two times FF.

Thanks for organising this, it'll be a great weekend, no doubt! :)

Michi.

Updated: Aargh, just spotted it. Maybe add that info to the first post so it's all in one place?

I had planned to keep the details in 2 separate posts, so it wasn't so long, but it's definitely not a bad idea. Thanks Michi :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, i'm in for everything, especially the women's comp! Is there a way to pay the fees for someone with no Aussie bank account? Paypal would be great, or happy to hand over some cash on the first day.

Looking into accommodations now (not much for a single girl with no car other than shared dorms in backpackers: hell no! too old for that now).

It'll probably be my last days in Australia for a while, flying back to the US via Auckland (don't ask, it's complicated) Monday after, and don't know when i'll be able to visit your fine continent next.

It'll be hot, right? I'd better dig my summer clothes out... (so wintry here in Tokyo!)

Hoping I can get to this. Depends a lot on how well I play my qualifying games at the HQ Marathon (this can be a very expensive comp to qualify for if the ball's not rolling your way on the day).

Backpackers for me too... Always a fun time hanging out there for a weekend. Ahhhh... Brasillian lasses... Evidence that God exists, and sees Australia as #1.

G

Ok, i'm in for everything, especially the women's comp! Is there a way to pay the fees for someone with no Aussie bank account? Paypal would be great, or happy to hand over some cash on the first day.

Hi Esther,

We're happy for you to pay on arrival for the comps if you like. I'll add you to the player list for each comp :)

Cheers,

Lambo