Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

ACS 2018 Adelaide

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a Fantastic time at the IFPA Australian Championship this weekend! :D

A couple of small bits of my footage here for you all...

Also a few amateur pictures... Lol

20180209_181831.thumb.jpg.55cf3e5a0b7cd5ff4a2500d7eea15b24.jpg

20180209_181843.thumb.jpg.10dac508e8f9bd866bcc579ec9e77a4c.jpg

20180209_181853.thumb.jpg.fbae722fd96d90b6bb08fbb370df617b.jpg

20180209_220305.thumb.jpg.4de81261af23bd592134d77e2c6b8106.jpg

20180209_220325.thumb.jpg.e982df06d5a5eb775420d8eb2bc5c0e3.jpg

20180210_221940.thumb.jpg.43f065ea0a31656209257a3dfa7d3b35.jpg

20180210_221924.thumb.jpg.81d76b634ef5f4b535d013b5c75c5354.jpg

20180210_222113.thumb.jpg.e4e6014ffa0364bcbd49832dbd61f3fc.jpg

20180210_231758.thumb.jpg.110567351d11e42b579c746558df8e0f.jpg

Rock Paper Scissors - The chosen method of deciding whom takes which Translites..... and potentially Championships some suggest ? :blink: ... which brought on a resounding Boooooo! ... :lol

It was certainly a weekend to remember!! . Thanks to all the people involved! , especially @pinballcreature and @onetaste !!

Cheers :)

Edited by razorsedge

Had a Fantastic time at the IFPA Australian Championship this weekend! :D

A couple of small bits of my footage here for you all...

Also a few amateur pictures... Lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123945[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123946[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123947[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123948[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123949[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123950[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123951[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123952[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123953[/ATTACH]

Rock Paper Scissors - The chosen method of deciding whom takes which Translites..... and potentially Championships some suggest ? :blink: ... which brought on a resounding Boooooo! ... :lol

Cheers :)

Good too see a few of my buddies there looks like a blast

- - - Updated - - -

Im seeing a distinct lack of hugs though lol

What a great weekend. Thanks to the organisers and my travel partners @Dicky @saber007 @JoeSoap @Lambo. Some great times were had (bring on NZ). Hey boys did I happen to mention I won a trophy?

034a896ba13e86873f61876b9ad71ead.jpg

The games held up really well with very few breakdowns. Credit to the suppliers of the machines. Venue was great.

Highlights for me from the weekend were the schnitzel from the Coopers Ale house which was massive and the 1 litre beers at the German Club. Kind of funny I checked my pics and I don’t have one of pinball [emoji15].

6515144e6b4559f9492b2f2400c46cc4.jpg

f61d7ea7caac0c817e8cd6910bb3ca1b.jpg

defff8e6f16a3df779311224dd5d3269.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an incredible weekend of pinball

Never been to Adelaide before

Felt very relaxed

Thank you to All the people that made this happen ,

The Jade for the Venue

Grant , Greg , Paul or Peter or whatever he wanted to call himself on that particular day, fantastic effort

Didn’t take to many Pics of pinball either , was good to just catch up with the other guys

Thanks to my travel mates for coming along

Highlight was the 1 Litre beers at the German Club , oh yeah & the Pinballs

Hay Rusty I got one as well

bb7d4c73-0580-4645-a926-a90e82a019d9.thumb.jpg.23cfe84ac4186e029147a1bb1c7836af.jpg

IMG_3239.thumb.jpg.e8a16e98ce20cb84433847f884c52e4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

What an incredible weekend of pinball

Never been to Adelaide before

Felt very relaxed

Thank you to All the people that made this happen ,

The Jade for the Venue

Grant , Greg , Paul or Peter or whatever he wanted to call himself on that particular day, fantastic effort

Didn’t take to many Pics of pinball either , was good to just catch up with the other guys

Thanks to my travel mates for coming along

Highlight was the 1 Litre beers at the German Club , oh yeah & the Pinballs

Hay Rusty I got one as well

[ATTACH]123969[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]123968[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I forgot about that. But as always yours isn’t as big as mine 🤣.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the 32 representing:

13 QLD, 8 SA, 7 NSW & 4 VIC

The 16 in the finals represent:

6 NSW, 5 SA, 3 QLD & 2 VIC

All the best.

Didn't you promise to be done with the stats? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome weekend! Thanks to all the organizers and assists firstly, smoothly run and machines playing excellently. All fellow competitors and travel buddies and hosts, cheers.

Well played everyone, especially our winners!

A couple of quick shots I took of the finalists - sorry Lambo, despite thinking I'd shot you at the decisive moment it wasn`t a great pic.

ACS_1.thumb.jpg.861af625b7e530b783d34196276494f8.jpg

ACS_2.thumb.jpg.b5fb48fb24c94d0efda72a54aaba5dbd.jpg

ACS_3.thumb.jpg.485ecbc8be3c90125112078c60d43fae.jpg

ACS 2018 Adelaide

Now I’ve had some sleep and showed my face at work today I can hand out the thanks that have been v well earned.

There is no way this event could happen without the huge effort that comes from the community.

Enormous thanks to Paul Michell @pinballcreature for the massive amount of work that he put into the preparation of this event. Paul was a flautist in the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra and he brings that level of perfection to his tournament directing.

Thanks to Michael Kerylidis for days of work designing and organising the Tshirts. He also spent 2 full days riding shotgun in the truck with me moving 6 machines to amd from my house and work.

Thanks to Simon, Steve and Amusement Worx for providing their latest machines as well as moving around machines belonging to our other donors. They also paid for Peter to Tag & Test every machine, laptop, tv, power board and extension lead in the venue, as well as repairing the machines every morning.

Thanks to Ray, Michi, Dan & other competitors for machine repairs during the day. We all did a great job keeping all the machines running in top condition.

Thank you Amity and Gary for a huge effort running the novelty tournaments all day Sat and Sun morning. Amity regularly sacrifices a flip frenzy to score here in Adelaide.

Thank you to everyone who helped in setup on Thu & Fri: Paul, Tom, Steve, Michael, Darren B, Kelly, Michael and a very welcome big effort from interstate visitors Gee, Tim & Matt V.

Thank you to Luke for TD adjudications all weekend, helping me plan and setting up the spreadsheets, and running the main event finals. Thank you to Matt Vecchio for managing the Q in FF1. Thanks to Chris Wade for a lot of scoring during the Strikes event along with others who put up their hand. Thanks to Paul and Simon for running FF2.

Thank you to Zac and his staff for a wonderful accommodating venue, they were easy going, always helpful, and they have created a super cool place to hang out.

Thanks to Michael C for managing the Facebook event page.

Thanks to Michael, Bruce and AMD for all the much appreciated prize money and the Guardians of the Galaxy (provided by Ray Dickeson).

For the tear down on the Monday again the interstaters stepped up, thanks Matt V, Tim and Gee. Also Josh, Lou, Steve, Tom, Michael & Kelly. It is great to see people there at the end when it would be so easy to move on.

Thanks to Grant (& Deren) for supplying his 6 machines and picking up others. Thanks to all the guys who supplied their machines, including making sure they played really well: Paul Michell, Lou, Ray, Tom, Michael C, Paul Massey, Crafty, Simon & Steve, & my 6.

My PR agent Leila Henderson deserves a special mention for doing us a freebie, distributing the press release I wrote and then dealing with the avalanche of interest. Thanks to Lucy, Michael, Ray, Tom and Matt for coming in for press photos and interviews.

Thanks to Zach Sharpe and Stern for donating the translites.

Thanks to Dan & Luke for supervising all the tournaments throughout 2017. Also Josh, Zach, Brians and others at IFPA that make competitive pinball possible.

I’m working on the budget still, I’ll be publishing it shortly as well as paying the prize winners. Any surplus we’ll announce what we do with it.

I must have left some people out, please let me know and i’ll add you in.

Finally, thanks to all the pinheads who rocked up and made the tournament awesome.

Edited by onetaste

And thanks to you to Greg, who was stupid^H^H^H^H^H^Hdedicated enough to make it all possible!

Thank you Greg! That was a really great weekend, one that I'll remember for many years.

Michi.

Edited by Michi

Thanks all for a great weekend.

I've uploaded my 'spur of the moment' recording of the finals, if you feel like watching/rewatching the final 4 games in the best quality possible.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3oRbgydO2e_nMK233-8DQ

We should really be recording final games, such display of talent went missing in many games! Enjoy.

ACS 2018 Adelaide

Thanks all for a great weekend.

I've uploaded my 'spur of the moment' recording of the finals, if you feel like watching/rewatching the final 4 games in the best quality possible.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3oRbgydO2e_nMK233-8DQ

We should really be recording final games, such display of talent went missing in many games! Enjoy.

Agreed, it needs someone to volunteer to setup and manage the streaming and ideally commentary. I really enjoyed the Canberra(?) ACS streaming.

This can’t be the tournament organisers, they already have too much to deal with. I asked the local streamer here but he had business commitments that weekend.

Agreed, it needs someone to volunteer to setup and manage the streaming and ideally commentary. This can’t be the tournament organisers, they already have too much to deal with. I asked the local streamer here but he had business commitments that weekend.

Totally agreeding with you. I wasn't referring to a full blown streaming setup and commentary. That's very hard to achieve and do it well. Also, it's quite static and hard to move between final games. What I was referring to was more of a light rig to record final games, for players to watch/rewatch.

Cheers.