Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 19 - Game 8 ~ Galaxian ~ [FINISHED]

Last game of the MGL ?

MGL 19 ? Game 8 ~ Galaxian

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/GalaxianMGL19_Final_zps45bba2ce.png

Nominated by AA legends: Brad , Dkong and nicko71

Current AA Champ of Galaxian: Rat 77,590

ROM: galaxian (namco set 1)

Game Story:

A game where a spaceship flies back and forth shooting aliens in space. Basic - destroy!

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

Galaxian finishes Sunday 17 November 2013, 7pm ADST.

Please make sure your settings are as above. Thanks.

GAME 8 ON!

:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game8GalaxianSBFinal_zps0b596eef.png

Congratulations to camaro who top scores Game 8 ? :038:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/GalaxianMGL19_Winner_zps5ed5b8f4.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5,000 :redface

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56914[/ATTACH]

Well that's good enough for the lead!

By the way, that image is a "sausage dog" shot.

How long does it take for the enemy ships and the bullets to reach you at the bottom of the screen ... :laugh:

How long does it take for the enemy ships and the bullets to reach you at the bottom of the sceen ... :laugh:

Not sure what the story is with the thin screen shot. I've just recently installed Wolf .150 - maybe that has something to do with how screen grabs are taken.

Not sure what the story is with the thin screen shot. I've just recently installed Wolf .150 - maybe that has something to do with how screen grabs are taken.

Wolf .150. What????

I thought you would only use 0106.

So when you break the world record on Galaxian using Wolf .150 in this MGL, it won't count because it's not in 0106 ... :p

37,700 round 12 first game....man this is slow after playing Defender...but still like it :D will have another go tomorrow.

I got one shot off a perfect first round also, not bad for a first game in a long time. (Perfect 1st round is shooting all the enemies while they are flying first pass with 2x 800 flag ships)

Wolf .150. What????

I thought you would only use 0106.

So when you break the world record on Galaxian using Wolf .150 in this MGL, it won't count because it's not in 0106 ... :p

Point 1. TG record is 1,769,990 - so I'm fairly confident I will not beat this

Point 2. Paul Kearns found some new BnJ ROMs that only work under .150 (BnJ Midway & Car Action 2) - so I needed to put .150 on, I couldn't allow anyone on MARP to have a higher score than me on any variation :lol

Point 1. You sure ... :rolleyes

Point 2. Paul Kearns found some new BnJ ROMs that only work under .150 (BnJ Midway & Car Action 2) - OK, so this will keep you busy after this MGL right? ;)

I have a point 3 for you ... looks like Xevious and Amidar has most people beat. Most are struggling to get on the scoreboard.

And now that Galaxian is the last game, another tough one, it's only for AA players with balls ... :069:

I'm trying to waste my entire life playing Defender and you keep putting up my favourite games in the MGL :rolleyes

Mate you need to break from Defender every now and again, right?

How's your Defender going anyway?

I watched Gary play and that was great.

Can you play as good as him yet, and if not, why not ... :064:

- - - Updated - - -

I hope I can keep my record on this one :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56915[/ATTACH]

Cool, so when does the baiter go on your backside ... :laugh:

Point 1. You sure ... :rolleyes

http://www.twingalaxies.com/scoreboard/galaxian-namco-set-1/mame/5192/

Point 2. Paul Kearns found some new BnJ ROMs that only work under .150 (BnJ Midway & Car Action 2) - OK, so this will keep you busy after this MGL right? ;)

Nah, I knocked off the Car Action score of 60k last night, and posted the first ever score for the BnJ Midway variation too :)

... I knocked off the Car Action score of 60k last night, and posted the first ever score for the BnJ Midway variation too :)

OK, OK, what were your scores? (Too hard for everyone on AA to go over there and check).

So 6 million on BnJ Midway variation and what for Car Action?

Mate you need to break from Defender every now and again, right?

How's your Defender going anyway?

I watched Gary play and that was great.

Can you play as good as him yet, and if not, why not ... :064:

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, so when does the baiter go on your backside ... :laugh:

My Defender tat comes when I get 1mill on red ROMs factory default, I'm not as good as Gary yet, I might never be, that is not my goal only 1mill is the goal ATM.

Beat my PB a couple of days ago, seen another small jump in skills, got 515,000.............that makes something like 9,530per ship I only need to average another 500pt per ship and I'm home :D (could still take awhile) also got my first man PB today of 85,850

OK, OK, what were your scores? (Too hard for everyone on AA to go over there and check).

So 6 million on BnJ Midway variation and what for Car Action?

Not even close - 259k on Car Action and 100k+ on BnJ Midway. Wanted to leave some incentive for someone to join the fun that is BnJ since there aren't many people playing it these days :) I did do a 1,000,000 point game on Car Action today, got there and then killed my final cars after 1mil - not sure if I'll submit it :)

- - - Updated - - -

My Defender tat comes when I get 1mill on red ROMs factory default, I'm not as good as Gary yet, I might never be, that is not my goal only 1mill is the goal ATM.

How much did the tat cost you?

I've always thought about getting one... I think I'd need to be blind drunk before I did it because I'm a complete wuss! Maybe the "skull car" from BnJ for me :lol

Not even close - 259k on Car Action and 100k+ on BnJ Midway. Wanted to leave some incentive for someone to join the fun that is BnJ since there aren't many people playing it these days :) I did do a 1,000,000 point game on Car Action today, got there and then killed my final cars after 1mil - not sure if I'll submit it :)

Some incentive ... :lol

Once they post a score you'll blow them away ... what a setup! ... :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the "skull car" from BnJ for me :lol

That would like nice ... http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/John73%20medals/BNJ_Car_E500.png

Now where do you want it? ... :blink:

Also, what's with the John73 and John73+ ?

Have you got 2 accounts and what the hell for?

Also, what's with the John73 and John73+ ?

Have you got 2 accounts and what the hell for?

Not sure. It needs to be a body part where the old's won't see it - I nearly got disinherited when I got an earring 20+ years ago, a tat would get me disowned :lol

I always thought that cross car looked like it was "garbled" graphics - it just looks weird the way it was coloured. Of course, with Japanese programmers constant worrying about how to get a paint roller into games along with goldfish, it's more than possible they were so high on acid that they couldn't design graphics either :lol

No idea about the John73+ account - where is that? on here or MARP? If it's on here, I have you listed as a current reader of this thread as OOO+ - so it must be a MOD thing :unsure

Of course, with Japanese programmers constant worrying about how to get a paint roller into games along with goldfish, it's more than possible they were so high on acid that they couldn't design graphics either :lol
You're right, high on acid maybe, but that technique enabled them to make terrific games ... :026:

Now when's the next Galaxian score coming in?

RMacauley popped in and disappeared. I don't want to lose anymore Super Mario coins so we will see who's next ...

Plus, love the flyer for Galaxian - "full color video" - remember Space Invaders before it was white on black if you don't count the cellophane ... :laugh:

Any AA member have a dedicated Galaxian machine - they look great?

- - - Updated - - -

No idea about the John73+ account - where is that? on here or MARP? If it's on here, I have you listed as a current reader of this thread as OOO+ - so it must be a MOD thing :unsure

On AA. So you see me with a +, but funny thing is sometimes you have the + and sometimes you don't. Agree to do with mod. I never see myself with a +.

End of this story, back to Galaxian ...

Plus, love the flyer for Galaxian - "full color video" - remember Space Invaders before it was white on black if you don't count the cellophane ... :laugh:

Looked up Galaxian on KLOV about an hour ago, apparently it was the first game EVER to use full RGB in a game... Pretty impressive for it's time.

I know the first ever arcade game I played was a space invaders type shooter - I was 6 or 7 at the time, so it's possible this was the first game I ever played from memory. I do remember Sprint 2 being one of the first games, but my memory isn't good enough to know which I played first. It was either Sprint 2 or Space Invaders/Galaxian. Galaxian didn't get released until 1979 so if was possibly Space Invaders.

Looked up Galaxian on KLOV about an hour ago, apparently it was the first game EVER to use full RGB in a game... Pretty impressive for it's time.

When I saw Galaxian for the first time in the arcade with colour graphics, it was a sensation, compared to all of the black and white games of the past (Pong, Space Invaders, Tank, Sprint 2 etc.)

And deadset, next to Galaxian when I saw it in the arcade in George St Sydney, was Crush Roller (1981 game) :(

I know the first ever arcade game I played was a space invaders type shooter - I was 6 or 7 at the time, so it's possible this was the first game I ever played from memory. I do remember Sprint 2 being one of the first games, but my memory isn't good enough to know which I played first. It was either Sprint 2 or Space Invaders/Galaxian. Galaxian didn't get released until 1979 so if was possibly Space Invaders.

Maybe the game you played first is Sprint 2, released in 1976, and I played that first before Space Invaders released in 1978. Then came Galaxian and then the avalanche of hits just flooded through - excellent times ... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hate when you guys put up my favourite games and remind me of how much better you are than me at them. :cry

The score isn't everything ... just enjoy gaming!

Maybe the game you played first is Sprint 2, released in 1976, and I played that first before Space Invaders released in 1978. Then came Galaxian and then the avalanche of hits just flooded through - excellent times ... :)

I really can't be sure - I'm near positive the first arcade game I ever played was at the Sale Golf Club (Vic) - I'm positive I wasn't older than 6 or so - so that would have been 1979. They had the game (cocktail cab) next to the pool table (where I got a signed beer coaster from Eddie Charlton).

I played Sprint 2 around about the same time (must have been, because they had some pinball machine and I was too short to see the play field on it) at a place called Sea Spray where we used to go to for holidays every year.

Good times :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hate when you guys put up my favourite games and remind me of how much better you are than me at them. :cry

Are you saying my 5,000 score has you beat? :lol