Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Thank/Like Posts

• Administrators

I've just enabled this feature for AA members.

If you wish to Thank or Like a post simple click the appropriate button under the post of the person you are thanking.

Be aware you can only Like or Thank once and whoever Thanked/ Liked will show up in that users post and you cannot like or thank your own post.

Anybody found abusing this feature will be banned from using it.

Its always nice to thank somebody for any helpful information on the site :)

Enjoy!

PS to disable Notifications click Settings at the top right then scroll down to "DBTech - Post Thanks" on the bottom left then "Settings".

Edited by Arcade King

• Administrators

That's why its only available to people with upgraded accounts.

I know what you're saying I was very hesitant to enable it but hopefully people who care about the site enough will use it responsibly.

• Administrators

Did you resubscribe via the Settings tab Rob or just send cash via the Donate button?

EDIT: Never mind looks like you've used the donate button which is just for general donations

For upgrading your account you have to go into "settings" then click "Paid Subscriptions".

I've fixed your account up :)

Cheers

• Administrators

I can understand Baz but was giving Dylan one really necessary?, this is exactly why I disabled it last time because a couple of people IE you were using it like a toy.

I understand you were having some fun, I just don't want a repeat of last time where the system was being spammed.

I can understand Baz but was giving Dylan one really necessary?, this is exactly why I disabled it last time because a couple of people IE you were using it like a toy.

I understand you were having some fun, I just don't want a repeat of last time where the system was being spammed.

Dyl had a poke at me, and thought it funny to throw one at him for it. Read nothing more than that into it :)

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

but just on dislikes...........no-one should feel hurt, or feel bad for having their post disliked, it isnt meant as an attack. I expect to get some, and it wont be an issue ;)

• Super Moderator
i think the whole like/dislike is a bit of crap my 2c

It can be constructive (encouraging) if used in the right way, particularly in the technical forums..

• Administrators
i think the whole like/dislike is a bit of crap my 2c

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

i reckon it can only cause trouble.....

Its probably been the most requested feature but I do have my reservations about the Dislike.

The problem is one person dislikes somebody then they retaliate and you just end up with a cycle of crap.

It can be constructive (encouraging) if used in the right way, particularly in the technical forums..

Wouldn't you need, or at least benefit, with a few words to explain why it's disliked in a technical area?

Seems to me "dislike" is pretty likely to be abused or at least taken out of context most of the time - just sayin'.

dislike should never be used for tech/help posts. If we think dislike is going to upset people, then shitcan it now. If a feature is deemed unsafe in this overly sensitive/pc world then disable it. I say HTFU for anyone hurt over a dislike rating, but I speak for myself only.