Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Star wars the next Stern Table?

Sbaird

The talk of Star Wars being the next Stern release seems to be gaining a lot of momentum with some of the pinball pod casters and overseas forums.

Might be a little early for a reveal so soon after Aerosmith, but May the 4th and a 40 year anniversary seems like the perfect [emoji108] date.

The key facts from multiple sources (so probably pretty accurate)

- Steve Ritchie design

- Based off original trilogy not new films

- LCD screen (a given for Stern from now on, expect maybe for their vault additions)

- magnet toy that accelerates the ball, maybe similar to turbo charger in High speed 2

Still unknown

- coder probably going to be Dwight as Lonnies just finishing Aerosmith and Lymann is still working on Batman 66. Couldn't see them brining in new blood for such a key title.

- Art - hand drawn or photoshop. If the LCD incorporates scenes from the movie which is pretty much a given. Then it's probably going to be more photo based or maybe photo realistic drawings like Batmann 66. Jersey jack with WOZ & Hobbit have shown photo shop pins can still look amazing.

- Super Le additions? Will defiantly be LE Premium & Pro

Guaranteed to sell a ton of tables. Would be surprised if it becomes Sterns highest seller ever.

Personally I just hope Ritchie is able to capture the Star Wars world. He makes great tables but theme is sometimes second to flow and shots with his designs.

What's everyone's thoughts on the theme, must have or wait and see how the game plays?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I just hope Ritchie is able to capture the Star Wars world. He makes great tables but theme is sometimes second to flow and shots with his designs.

With the exception of the playfield art I think he nailed the theme on Star Trek.

Keen to see what they do with this licence, would have loved to see JJP do it though.

Doubt this will be a purchase for me but will hold judgement till I play one.

If anyone is keen I would order quickly! Flippers will be out in droves on this title.

The talk of Star Wars being the next Stern release seems to be gaining a lot of momentum with some of the pinball pod casters and overseas forums.

Might be a little early for a reveal so soon after Aerosmith, but May the 4th and a 40 year anniversary seems like the perfect [emoji108] date.

The key facts from multiple sources (so probably pretty accurate)

- Steve Ritchie design

- Based off original trilogy not new films

- LCD screen (a given for Stern from now on, expect maybe for their vault additions)

- magnet toy that accelerates the ball, maybe similar to turbo charger in High speed 2

Still unknown

- coder probably going to be Dwight as Lonnies just finishing Aerosmith and Lymann is still working on Batman 66. Couldn't see them brining in new blood for such a key title.

- Art - hand drawn or photoshop. If the LCD incorporates scenes from the movie which is pretty much a given. Then it's probably going to be more photo based or maybe photo realistic drawings like Batmann 66. Jersey jack with WOZ & Hobbit have shown photo shop pins can still look amazing.

- Super Le additions? Will defiantly be LE Premium & Pro

Guaranteed to sell a ton of tables. Would be surprised if it becomes Sterns highest seller ever.

What's everyone's thoughts on the theme, must have or wait and see how the game plays?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Thanks for taking the time to collate all the info from everywhere.

We hope that Star Wars is next.

Time will tell!

Interesting! Does anyone know why they never included this? With all the DE Star Wars I have played, Speeder Mode does nothing and just wastes time until it awards 10 million.

Michi.

Time probably or maybe space on the rom to complete it properly. ChadH did mention that these roms were stupidly small so programming had to be quite efficient.

With the production mode just mash the fire button until it awards the millions.

Note a variation of the minigame did end up in guns and roses though!

Time probably or maybe space on the rom to complete it properly. ChadH did mention that these roms were stupidly small so programming had to be quite efficient.

Thanks for that! Yes, these weren't exactly fast CPUs, and had only a minimal amount of RAM, so that seems very plausible.

With the production mode just mash the fire button until it awards the millions.

Yes. At least, that way, it ends quickly and I can get on with my game. Or I can just stand there and do nothing. I still get the ten million, but it takes longer.

Note a variation of the minigame did end up in guns and roses though!

Nice piece of trivia, thanks! :)

Michi.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10155164648614244/

10:50min mark they somewhat deny Star Wars :/

"Starwars and Elvira next. I'm excited"

"I think your going to be a little disappointed"

So perhaps he's referring to Elvira, hopefully !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Koops

At starwars celebration [emoji322]

4680d9d3b43fb292e51a773f9d4bcf86.jpg

c0f2f4937b941b2b0c870151d4c0138b.jpg

Don't get excited as it's a virtual Pin and it's a one off just for the show anyway!

Side art and topper seem pretty cool though!

Edited by Koops

• 2 weeks later...
After listening to the latest Kaneda podcast, the Star Wars teaser video is supposed to drop on May 4 and full reveal video next week.

Can't bloody wait!

I think he's right in that people are probably that hyped (me included) that there is no way everyone will be happy with whatever they put out.

Can't bloody wait!

I think he's right in that people are probably that hyped (me included) that there is no way everyone will be happy with whatever they put out.

I'm in two minds...REALLY excited to see what Stern do, but I was happy enough with my DE Star Wars and wasn't too bothered if I never saw another Star Wars pin again (despite being a huge fan of the original trilogy from a young age).

Completely agree with Kaneda in that my fears are that it will be a Steve Richie pin like Game of Thrones. Fun game, but focus on speed and flow rather than toys and an interesting layout....and a standard Photoshop art package rather than the brilliance of Zombie Yeti's Ghostbusters or Dirty Donny's Aerosmith.

The optimist in me compares it to the Metallica scenario. I loved Metallica's music but wasn't pumped for the pin at all. I was imagining a black cabinet with a silver Metallica logo on the side and live concert photo art package a la AC/DC. Blown away when the photos were revealed.

All will be revealed soon. Either way, I'm tipping that I will see a Stern Star Wars Pro in my future. There's that optimism kicking in again.