Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 35 - Game 2 ~ Wonder Boy (closes 29-Apr)

Rad Skating …

MGL 35 – Game 2 ~ Wonder Boy

kFMebXq.png

Nominated by gamers: Jacob Spring (Denmark), Rich Shearman (Wales), Robert Macauley (Australia)

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: wboy (set 1, new encryption)

Game Story:

A little boy ventures through Wonderland in this horizontal scrolling game. The object of this game is for Wonder Boy to rescue his girlfriend Tina from the evil wizard King. The rest is up to you guys, good luck, you'll need it!

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials.

This game finishes Sunday 29 April 2018, 7pm Sydney time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 … The Rescue …

Kja7nwp.png

iQ2SaQF.png

vk31bWK.png

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By my standards pretty bloody ordinary but considering the alcohol consumption involved it's better than my 2 thirds pissed score at Netherworld. My mission (and I do accept it) is to at least make Mameshane earn his 100 points on this game. To be realistic I'm probably aiming for 99 points based on recent performances but I've got the next 2 weeks off work so let's see what happens.

Bring it on :062:

wboy.png.4f4da93c30ad63da79e73d7221f34d57.png

Love this game :)

Wonder Boy DRINKABILITY rating

Breaks between rounds to have a drink = perfect

Playability after a couple = OK but I kept being too greedy with the fruit and dying (yuck grog and fruit)

Overall DRINKABILITY rating 3.5 out of 5

Love this game :)

Wonder Boy DRINKABILITY rating

Breaks between rounds to have a drink = perfect

Playability after a couple = OK but I kept being too greedy with the fruit and dying (yuck grog and fruit)

Overall DRINKABILITY rating 3.5 out of 5

:lol Overall DRINKABILITY rating 3.5 out of 5.

Which games score higher than 3.5? And what is a 5? (if you can remember) ... :tequila:

103,460 I can do much better

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127525[/ATTACH]

Hey it's great to see you back. How have you been? :popcorn:

- - - Updated - - -

My mission (and I do accept it) is to at least make Mameshane earn his 100 points on this game. To be realistic I'm probably aiming for 99 points based on recent performances but I've got the next 2 weeks off work so let's see what happens.

Bring it on :062:

"Your mission Jim, should you decide to accept it", is ... 91ubvhr.png ... Rob on his board ... :035:

- - - Updated - - -

First effort from John "I can't use the skateboard" McNeill

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127519[/ATTACH]

"Skateboard McNeill" ... pretty catchy name ... :069:

- - - Updated - - -

I remember this from a few MGLs ago - I'm planning to still be lousy ..

Not such a great plan! More quarters!

:lol Overall DRINKABILITY rating 3.5 out of 5.

Which games score higher than 3.5? And what is a 5? (if you can remember) ... :tequila:

Pin-Bot pinball machine rates a 5 for DRINKABILITY :cool:

Time between balls for a drink = infinite and controllable 5 out of 5

Playability after a few = Great, the game encourages rough play 5 out of 5

Overall DRINKABILITY rating 5 out of 5

Defender DRINKABILITY rating

Breaks between rounds to have a drink = Bullshit if you try to grab a quick sip you will probably die 0 out of 5

Playability after a few = Rubbish, even after two drinks I don't play as well

Overall DRINKABILITY rating 1 out of 5

(Gave it one point as sometimes I still want to play it after a drink even if I know I won't play well)

I had my first game of this in a long time last weekend at a BBQ at my sisters place. It's fun but I'm not good at it. Another game I played on the C64 but never in the arcade. I tried the arcade only once BITD and found I didn't like the controls as I was use to the C64 method which only had one button so jump was up on the joystick.

What are the differences between Easy and Hard?

I'm guessing faster energy usage and that you have to hit the end bosses more? is that right? are there any more differences?

Those snakes only pop up when you get right upto them on HARD, this makes a pretty big difference on easy you already would of picked off the snake earlier. I was also losing a few lives on the Bosses last time we played, not exactly sure if they are any harder but they seemed to be.

The things i have noticed is between easy and hard.

Snakes pop up way later. The bees move faster and in slightly broader strokes. The bosses fireball patterns are faster. if the health drops faster it must not be a massive increase as i havent been able to tell yet.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk