Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Donkey Kong (King of AA)

No worries. Hopefully they work out all good. How are you going to run yours?

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

im going to build a dk cabinet. im going to wire it up with jamma wiring. so will need to get the adapters from mikes arcade next

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im going to build a dk cabinet. im going to wire it up with jamma wiring. so will need to get the adapters from mikes arcade next

Nice. That's the way to go.

I managed to get one of those dk boards. thanks for the link and information about shopmate.

I'll be round to have a game against you when it's up and running ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Just a heads up - the DKF community who pretty much run the adjudication for DK scores on real boards are pretty strict. Barra would probably know more about it - it may be a bit more relaxed now, but it used to be original joystick and all that nonsense. That's assuming you want to have your score verified for DKF and/or TG.

I'll be round to have a game against you when it's up and running ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Just a heads up - the DKF community who pretty much run the adjudication for DK scores on real boards are pretty strict. Barra would probably know more about it - it may be a bit more relaxed now, but it used to be original joystick and all that nonsense. That's assuming you want to have your score verified for DKF and/or TG.

sure thing. might be a while before its done though lol

im not too worried about tg. but will make sure dkf is happy with the setup.

i will be buying at least repo joystick and buttons from mikes arcade if i cant find decent originals.

I'm going to USA in May, if you guys are really serious I could be a mule for the expense of another bag (~$80), packed well could hold a fair few boards. Will be a pita but possible if worked out with the final hotel.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

I'm going to USA in May, if you guys are really serious I could be a mule for the expense of another bag (~$80), packed well could hold a fair few boards. Will be a pita but possible if worked out with the final hotel.

I don't want one, but that is an amazingly generous offer. This spirit is what makes AA such a great community. Good on you mate!

To clarify, if it's a matter of carrying something and expenses paid it's not that big a deal. I wouldn't be organising it or buying the bulk boards though. I'm in NSW so someone to pick them up from Sydney or Bathurst. I'd just be the mule :-D I can't shelve them to get it through customs so nothing dodgy please :-p

Edited by redferatu

To clarify, if it's a matter of carrying something and expenses paid it's not that big a deal. I wouldn't be organising it or buying the bulk boards though. I'm in NSW so someone to pick them up from Sydney or Bathurst. I'd just be the mule :-D I can't shelve them to get it through customs so nothing dodgy please :-p

I've got a boogy board bag that I need taken to Indonesia - don't suppose you're having a stop over there? :P

• 9 months later...
Last night Michael Kibbey became the 2nd known Australian kill-screener with a score of 843,600. Way to go Kibbey!

Link to the submission here; http://donkeykongforum.com/index.php?topic=364.msg29826#msg29826

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

At Bartronica in Melbourne last weekend I saw a DK score of 852k on the high score board - is this the other aussie killscreener ?

At Bartronica in Melbourne last weekend I saw a DK score of 852k on the high score board - is this the other aussie killscreener ?

That was Johnny Bonde who I believe is from Sweden and was visiting Australia. Allen Staal is the other Aussie born kill screener and Johnny actually went to his place and played on his machine when he was over

I could be wrong but that may have been Johnny's first killscreen

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

If the rumors are true that Nether World will have an original DK machine, just watch the list of Aussies that killscreen this simple game :) I'm hoping they have it on the original 20 cents for 1 credit so I can afford to play it :)

I met Johnny at Bartronica and it was definitely his first killscreen. He was a bit shattered there was only an unenthusiastic bar person there when he got it too. I gave him a massive better-late-than-never high five and let him know it was still a big deal to a lot of people.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I met Johnny at Bartronica and it was definitely his first killscreen. He was a bit shattered there was only an unenthusiastic bar person there when he got it too. I gave him a massive better-late-than-never high five and let him know it was still a big deal to a lot of people.

Guessing he wasn't lucky enough to have a camcorder set up, nor have the staff available to open the machine to film inside. I can't wait for this Barcade to open in Brisbane, hopefully they'll allow AA to hold events there and allow us to record game play including inside machines where necessary for submission to Twin Galaxies.

If the rumors are true that Nether World will have an original DK machine, just watch the list of Aussies that killscreen this simple game :) I'm hoping they have it on the original 20 cents for 1 credit so I can afford to play it :)

Who cares about DK, they have one of these!! :D :D

http://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15578660_1257737077617923_7763336843528875181_n.jpg?oh=b199efcdc1a54b5b0951c931b6cd28e2&oe=58B14D04

Guessing he wasn't lucky enough to have a camcorder set up, nor have the staff available to open the machine to film inside. I can't wait for this Barcade to open in Brisbane, hopefully they'll allow AA to hold events there and allow us to record game play including inside machines where necessary for submission to Twin Galaxies.

Im sure they'd be fine having a camera setup during the day, but some of the nights Ive been there, a tripod would be knocked over/ beer spilt in seconds!

Johnny said he was going there (Bartronica) a few times a week to train, and had been playing heaps at home overseas (mame) to get skills up, but wasn't sure he'd find an arcade in Melbournre (let alone one with an original DK), so likely didn't have a camera etc ready to go.

Is it the only public Aus killscreen?

Known one, yes

Allen Staal and Michael Kibbey both killscreened live on Twitch. Allen has a cab, Kibbey uses MAME.

Allen has had 3 or 4 killscreens

- - - Updated - - -

Must admit.... Id put 100 x the hours into this one over DK[/url]

With you there mate! :)

Im sure they'd be fine having a camera setup during the day, but some of the nights Ive been there, a tripod would be knocked over/ beer spilt in seconds!

Johnny said he was going there (Bartronica) a few times a week to train, and had been playing heaps at home overseas (mame) to get skills up, but wasn't sure he'd find an arcade in Melbournre (let alone one with an original DK), so likely didn't have a camera etc ready to go.

I would say that was the first and only public kill screen in Australia. Additionally I would also think that is the first publicly playable US DK cab in Australia unless someone can prove me wrong.

His score was recognised by the DK forums which seems more legit than TG these days [emoji14]

Who cares about DK, they have one of these!! :D :D

http://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15578660_1257737077617923_7763336843528875181_n.jpg?oh=b199efcdc1a54b5b0951c931b6cd28e2&oe=58B14D04

Sry to say, that's only the cabinet - they are putting a real game, Bump 'n' Jump inside it :P

• 10 months later...

Not DK specifically but Donkey Kong 3....

Tonight I managed to get to the Repetitive Blue Screen (RBS, stage 160) on factory default settings (easy, lives every 30k)

Only 2 others (George Riley, Ben Falls) have done this and I'm SUPER stoked to get there, enough for a small humble brag on AA :)

Final score; 3,272,100

http://donkeykongforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1664.0;attach=3839;image

:)