Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Newcastle Pinfest: 24th & 25th September 2016

hamo54

We are happy to announce Pinfest 5 will be held on the weekend 24th and 25th September 2016 at Caves Beachside Hotel.

We are planning some special attractions to mark our 5th consecutive year and look forward to seeing fellow AA members at the show.

This year we will have up to 70 pinballs and if anyone is interested in providing a pin our head pinball wrangler Marco Rossiligno would love to hear from you.

There are some nice incentives in providing a pin and Marco will let you know the details. You can contact Marco through our Newcastle Pinball association Facebook page.

The weekend provided to us by CBH is the first weekend of the NSW school holidays. Caves Beach and the surrounding area is a great spot for a holiday so bring the kids and your fishing rods.

As the competition calendar is filled with excellent events already we will not be conducting a comp this year.

This years pinball raffle will be a Data East Time Machine. Tickets will only be available at the show.

Pinfest original aim was to show the public that Pinball lives. Our goal remains the same today and whether it is a pinball wizard or a 5 year old on a milk crate all are welcome.

12029696_753519444776570_7808423344217619417_o.thumb.jpg.855b4e607a84aa404ebec323587e1832.jpg11187331_753519181443263_2977509503193253956_o.thumb.jpg.07ceb59f9a5f1b536d5cc9f90c7bfa2d.jpg

Edited by hamo54
Correction

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great @hamo54. On the comp side would you be open to allowing a round of the Magic Hands Super Selfie League running? Nothing for you guys to do at all - just allow @jagojp to nominate some machines and then top score wins. John - would this work? Can you run a selfie comp on highest score alone seeing as finals wouldn't be possible. The only snag I can see is people hogging games to get a good score, but if people wait their turn all should be well. No pressure John, just thinking openly.

Sounds great @hamo54. On the comp side would you be open to allowing a round of the Magic Hands Super Selfie League running? Nothing for you guys to do at all - just allow @jagojp to nominate some machines and then top score wins. John - would this work? Can you run a selfie comp on highest score alone seeing as finals wouldn't be possible. The only snag I can see is people hogging games to get a good score, but if people wait their turn all should be well. No pressure John, just thinking openly.

The biggest issue would be everybody getting on the machines during the weekend

Newcastle Pinfest: 24th & 25th September 2016

Re: Comp

Pinfest is a public event to promote the pinball hobby and raise some funds for a selection of local charities.

It is also a great social gathering for existing pinheads (old and new) and the families and friends of those involved.

Similar to last year we have chosen not to complicate the weekend with a competition, instead focusing on the social / fun side of the hobby.

For those keen, the Newcastle Monthly (Selfie) Open will be running that month (@ PnP and Supa Putt) and we encourage you to participate and visit 2 of Newcastle's largest sited locations and also sample PnP's great pizzas!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to here Pinfest 2016 is On .This is a great Fun Weekend to play some pinnies , meet new and old friends who share a common interest, and the odd beer or two.

I would be Happy to bring a machine down from Brisbane again if Ok.

Start the Count Down ;)

Jaybee is confirmed x2

Big Trev is Confirmed x2

Vett is confirmed x1

Any others??

Will see what I have available at the time Marco. At this stage see what the numbers are like but I will commit 1 for now.

And most likely sell it too.

I like the idea as it would be a silly social comp to run during a big open event. However as others have noted, it's just not possible to get on the machines. The amazing thing, as well as the curse, is that the public flock to this thing and if you want to get on a game you have to usually wait 4 people deep.

On that topic... Any chance of a lock in? Maybe do a lock in for AA members who pony up an extra $10 each or something?

I like the idea as it would be a silly social comp to run during a big open event. However as others have noted, it's just not possible to get on the machines. The amazing thing, as well as the curse, is that the public flock to this thing and if you want to get on a game you have to usually wait 4 people deep.

On that topic... Any chance of a lock in? Maybe do a lock in for AA members who pony up an extra $10 each or something?

I would agree to that on one condition - that it would be restricted to a select number of people - and a small number at that - and it would be more than $10....having said that its not about the money.

Saturday night is reserved for the people that put in the effort to get the show up and running and for those who contributed a game to the event + select friends and family.

I'm going to invite a few of my friends and family over and have nice evening playing pinball without the crowds of people. The last thing I want is a potential horde of AA members and having to stand in line to get a game on a machine.

Yeah agree. Last year I really enjoyed just wandering around talking and playing a few games, doing some maintenance and such rather than the pressure of a comp on top of all that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does take a bit to keep these ol' girls running all day non- stop and I mean non-stop copping a years worth of games in 2 days and no matter how much you prepare them things still happen which is why we spend Saturday night adjusting / replacing / scratching heads. My thoughts are this event has always been about the fun and social side of pinball and given the amount of comps out there these days I think there is plenty out there already to keep the pinball competitor going.

For those who have been to Pinfest I reckon we do a pretty good job (if I may say so) keeping a very high % going all the time with minimum machines turned off. Sure we get stuck balls but that's pinball.