Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Dog anti bark collar

Hey guys just want to see what our thoughts are on dog anti bark collars. The ones from the pet stores are crazy expensive and then there’s one from eBay for $30. Has anyone used them with any success? If so which one. My little girl just barks her head off at night it’s super frustrating as she doesn’t bark when I’m out there so it’s hard to control it or teach behaviour otherwise.

Dogs bark at possums, cats , and even shadows ( well the dumber dogs do ) Sometimes there is stuff happening out in the back yard at night and day that they bark at....might be worth sussing out if there is something out there to bark at ? I also have a barky dog...we considered the collar, but then decided that was a bad idea. We are persevering with him, and ever so slowly stopping his barking issue....( we say shut up 236 times a day ! ) Good luck

1206243987_draxdawg.jpg.fc71bad47b8c854d3ad2b7ae6626914b.jpg

Had a friend come home to one of those anti bark collars malfunctioning, basically shocking the dog endlessly for hours.

Just do your research on the best reviewed ones beforehand.

Be sure to regularly take the dog for a walk.

If the dog won’t learn to settle down outside over a reasonable amount of time and training, then consider rehoming her and find a breed that doesn’t excessively bark. Plenty of people have to do this unfortunately, just not fair on the neighbours.

My Dash used to bark all the time. We did get one and have thrown it out since.

We now have an area in the rooms we spend time in where he has his things and we walk him if he's getting restless. It's been good for all of us and we worked out it doesn't have to be far, we let him take his time with discovering the outside. It does mean sometimes he's getting walked 3 times a day and we're happy to do it. It's turned from yelling at him to 'shut up' (barking days) to him coming to us and looking for a walk when he feels that way.

He's the best company now and loves the car.

Speaking of that I'm up early to get him out and walking it's not even 6am!

lapdog.png.89891a34cabd2fa383bd64d0ba18b9ee.png

DashTheDog.thumb.jpg.eee49ffa479fd016fffa1efd47c9b23d.jpg

if I put my dog outside to do her business and shut the door she barks repeatedly until let in.

It's nice your dog has her dad around but it sounds like she wants inside.

Do you not want your dogs inside? at night? @Audioenslaved

Yes plenty of people do it, they just buy a dog purely as a deterrent to unwanteds........<--- that's a word now

They never get walked. It's cruelty through neglect.

Dogs need mental and physical stimulation, just as humans do.

....a bit off topic but this is hypocracy at it's best.

how a human can be cruel to a dog but the other way around and the dog is euthanised.

a dog may have a serious illness, you are allowed to put your dog to sleep.

....further off topic.....a human has an illness and is of mental well being but doesn't want to live, even vice versa, or many other reasons too bad, you gotta tough it out.

the government and aged care pharmaceutical companies don't make money out of dead people. (understood if admin remove this post)

there's plenty of humans that should be wearing a zap device.

really? you'd ignore the treatment of animals? Hopefully I'm reading that wrong.

I’m pretty sure he just means he doesn’t want to hear about anything that involves cruelty to animals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was never planning on using the electric shock ones only the citronella one. The problem I’ve found is that she rarely barks during the day and only really late at night. They’re both let in 6/7 nights after dinner before bed and then out again. So they’re not neglected at all. I should walk them more than the once a week I do so I’ll definitely try that out before hand.

- - - Updated - - -

BC3363DA-835F-4401-9B7F-963F4339361A.thumb.jpg.f4741bf08fe539a799060e80099187be.jpg

Dogs bark at possums, cats , and even shadows ( well the dumber dogs do ) Sometimes there is stuff happening out in the back yard at night and day that they bark at....might be worth sussing out if there is something out there to bark at ? I also have a barky dog...we considered the collar, but then decided that was a bad idea. We are persevering with him, and ever so slowly stopping his barking issue....( we say shut up 236 times a day ! ) Good luck

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=155458

I watched a Tony Knight thing about dogs barking at the door. His theory is that they're just doing their job, letting you know someone is there, so you should thank them and let them know they've done their job. If they keep barking, go have a look, thank them again, and let them know it's not to be worried about. If you need to go a third time, they go in their timeout spot until they're quiet.

I thought, What a load of shit. No way it's taht easy.

Never had to put the dogs in the timeout spot. Most of hte time they just wake up from sleeping, look at the door, then me, I say "Thanks" and they go back to sleep.

WTF? Freaking amazed.

- - - Updated - - -

I was never planning on using the electric shock ones only the citronella one. The problem I’ve found is that she rarely barks during the day and only really late at night. They’re both let in 6/7 nights after dinner before bed and then out again. So they’re not neglected at all. I should walk them more than the once a week I do so I’ll definitely try that out before hand.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=155481

For my boys I find doing training with them, especially shaping, is far more tiring than any walk/run. The coversion rate based on how long they sleep seems to be something like 5 minutes training = 1 hour run.

14079653_10154376409854178_7432299616784452428_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQmv1OKK9Qy-8F5cK0Cv1vazOkbdYm-ougcHbmLiuvS6Idty00QsQelOfhcVn9efvzY&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd8-1.fna&oh=d33f9a0bbe288329c671fc4c7ea59435&oe=5E271BBD 14051596_10154376409844178_3507651954532535376_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQkyGyERcBMhFfS4G9QXoimgaVlXCcxRgPHbP5V-wZzFga1ZxkWCn6oIjs492OTlIZ0&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd8-1.fna&oh=c413a43f945d4b4160af28f827517605&oe=5E1E3599

If I can combine both they're out cold for days... ;-)

11178257_816750201707226_4256117763784927903_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQnzPY-4damOUG3rqZJUPA0KhzixSg01Qrjq7GJfPlRCU8k5VolLR0P0DAJgQBVDQ7Y&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd8-1.fna&oh=3cb64e3ad5b86601dc84a1bca4f46a43&oe=5E5572A7

Would you put a zap collar on your child if they were misbehaving?, a pet should be regarded as one of the family and treated as such, they need just the same amount of your time as a child does, do it and you will find that they will settle down at night as they get used to the routine and sleep when you sleep.

there's plenty of humans that should be wearing a zap device.

Yeah politicians every time they lie or dont go through with a promise, the batteries would run flat every day :lol.

I live in suburbia and bought a citronella collar off eBay. Put it on my pup before bed of a night. If he barked, he got a spray of citronella. He wouldn't bark during the night once the collar went on. Would take it off early the next morning. I stopped using the collar and he got to learn. If he started up his 4am barking again, I'd put the collar back on. Dogs bark at cats and possums, but you don't want to keep the whole neighbourhood up unnecessarily.

I had one from China & would never buy another. Your dog is most likely barking due to a separation anxiety. As to the collar, consider you being smitten by an unknown force without reason or cause. You just wont understand what's happening. I'd never buy one again. I sorted out my dogs bad behavior by better training methods with food rewards.

Also I've seen ajfclark's dogs in action & I have to say Andrew has his dogs under amazing control, and he never raised his voice he just talks to them in a low soft voice.

Sparx.thumb.jpg.1776e03c4261d197245445c0b2dfb644.jpg