Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pin*Bot issues

Jed

Question

Just today i've had a few issues with my Pin*Bot.

1/ Sometimes when I start a game, the ball wont kick out into the chute. Players score appear on the scoreboards, but kickout doesn't happen.

2/ Sometimes on game start, machine gets stuck looking for balls at the start, with a message on the scoreboard - not detecting they are loaded and ready

3/ sometimes the ball wouldn't eject from the left eye kickout either.

Other times it all works no problems! I've had a look underneath and there are no loose wires in or around the kickout solenoid next to the chute or the eye kickouts also seem fine, no cracked solder on joins, it all looks fine.

Wondering if any PinBot owners or ex owners would have any other ideas on what to check / do ?

Thanks,

Jed

3 answers to this question

Sounds like a ball trough issue.

I'd be checking that all the switches in the trough are working by removing the apron, and rolling a ball over each switch while in test mode.

Also check the switch in the shooter lane.

The left eye issue might be that the switch arm that kicks the ball out needs a small bend. Or it might be a coil issue.

It would be worth rebuilding the coil, or at least cleaning the coil sleeve and linkages.

You could start by checking the coil assembly for any binding during its full movement.

Mike.

Edited by mix_vt_cal
Typos

Just today i've had a few issues with my Pin*Bot

Wondering if any PinBot owners or ex owners would have any other ideas on what to check / do ?

Thanks,

Jed

Hey Jed,

Just going through some pics to jog the old memory of things i had to repair on mine.

One thing that might be affecting the eyeball kicker is the plastic that the ball rolls into.

Both of mine were broken.

I also replaced the globes under the eyes with some bright red LED flashers that look great.

Mike.

IMG_0251.thumb.jpg.47a885f8f12ddbe954be02ba1cd481bc.jpg

Hey Jed,

Just going through some pics to jog the old memory of things i had to repair on mine.

One thing that might be affecting the eyeball kicker is the plastic that the ball rolls into.

Both of mine were broken.

I also replaced the globes under the eyes with some bright red LED flashers that look great.

Mike.

Thanks for that! I didn't get time this weekend to get under the hood but I really appreciate the info, will definitely help when I do get the time to have a tinker.

I also replaced the eyes, I used flex-led's in the red/blue theme so I could direct the light straight out of the head, looks pretty cool :) vid from early last year after i'd done a bit of a tidy up on it.

https://youtu.be/tLexsvm25Cw