Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Greetings All.

Happy to have found this place. Been in the amusement industry for over 30 years off and on which started at Goddard Amusements in Sydney working on the last of the EMs and the 1st of the solid states. After it was bought out by LAI, I worked there followed by Taito Australia. Left there and on to Luna Park. Left that place and went on following the money into more profitable occupations but the true love has always been pinballs, it just never paid the bills sadly.

I finally got back into the arcades after buying a house and when the love was more important than the money so to say. I did a couple of stints at AMF bowling in the amusement division in between getting into automation which by the way is way easier than amusements but pays so much better but some how programming and designing shit to work automatically just isn't as cool as automation in a game especially pinballs. Now, in a semi retired lifestyle the bug has bit again and I now find myself bringing dead pinballs back to life for a couple of old operators that mainly offer party hire machines. Anyway, this is my 1st post of many and I don't want to outdo my welcome so I better shut up and I will catch you guys later aye.

Thank you.

Agree with @GORGAR 1, I too enjoy hearing from operators, especially there experience with build quality and reliability of the various pinball machines/brands...

Ow I have a few tricks I learnt over the years. This is one I wrote here that I think may be useful to all.... http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/84526-Replacing-playfield-plastics?p=1047693#post1047693

What I found was no one manufacturer had all the best, most reliable parts so often a mix and match approach worked out the most reliable solution. I'll write up these when I work out where exactly on this forum is the best place to put such info.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to AA.

I too am one of those who likes to hear stories of how it was "back in the day".

Ow I have many stories of what I saw over the years. Where exactly should I write them in this forum?. I don't think here is the best place but I may be wrong.

Ow I have many stories of what I saw over the years. Where exactly should I write them in this forum?. I don't think here is the best place but I may be wrong.

Hi Steve,

Just go into the pinball section in forum and start a new post/thread. We will all be reading with much interest. Thanks in advance!! :023: