Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

klI1s9Th9PWjZhmVWoUKobYwqkbTGnBlftfHpQe8A6oWPQyqE5GjLkAY4hcErMRJbmeeQNsID3gGePAt-JtAtBSTUBNL503MBrgk_cJj8fVymrx4WoCqT60cqQnMO_y2p6kVGwdzKhNnerBOOHYyldHFQPoh4YAcdKjl5LyzjhzJBSYlNvT1xoEOJeiQ8xa7w8gkYPpauLfCpFNxbtz0Yh1xlr1zgy93CjtHsnoKByXi8wXgP37pgncQRZ-H-lTxK17qx8Bh3KAVLT9MBwbtAkKxS7_EhU_hVi8I47JKF0gAwlggVVlT-MgCrAQ8qW2dREJmMMm7_TBijVMMpFdhlWssvfPhXLvNqt9kELXoghZa6xeGozqZqxVSqSHpEnqbf2MTTMvg5LwKhnadVLS-AeJ70N3StzbbGB1pOa-eY53vgODboAIa2BM6XqA8oYnOIjS7aCVIzjeybCkKSPnYkmvCQ8WhakA3KjUTOIwiDpG2AgIkLe9qtJsd-Szml6ZvWODMaEZ-0EU02EGovosdb5MciyPb-ytBKuFNCDyLguxDQRt-3ZKTUSb7eGxKAYnZDtqbkUCqc7D7xaIAWPZddSwXkNaKu4Z68sKKn_bNrJlyQsvJ-QgJdTxYcZNmXZvfKB1sd37So9e1KhGZDNj7f3S0pg0YiwM8dwgASKJqq0c1brKGUvLVzlkt=w1046-h589-no

hWxzGZfxdY6NSN50N8rMRZP2YAPY5U2fr4raVtTFqg0jVriCd8CzjtMDwASC2Ktnoy6tIA1k45-Zb3EG9khbH-Qt0fr62ytDavfVppQpPWQbBq52MmT_VHZT_Ek0z7HkfXbV75_jeNH8_IRA6eYAfDayjU794mPVn-W2sogbvN8hMR4SI1_y3V_VlYjEb7-01vjNHSmJFj14uI8Mab0pngcSVhVXad8_wBYKWJKbmhdHysK0Ah9S5QnuTdRTn55yOGsDmZDobJHGA9KV2BAjBCIeUoVnt5B_bZKo1hm2N6qqhTDaqgG39w9JMW2pGvwB7-39E16PN2OJWYUHudxG7pG94iCui4fKc-hrNjq14fVDas3vkEd3iaQRi_SzWj0WL-FHEAnwVsHXqTcgfVao9MxzVHsG1j3fBu-xW0Je9fRxLN8XYA9mCHvCLUnZ2eJFdjp-LCWwy145gsHTzQm2NJK5dxcCk7mcEDv0_doQKqDnArYuCTt1WD0eIMJfBlRfodLf32MN8DtVxAeV0qFkETr7aQnrTxFMdIMpEpuZpc6LdWcEreRoPEivPlzzb-WVDJMWRegP3URE8Of_MFkVQsEfSkLfxJ7Lr1SW_0-HVrQ87VsbsBJr03mSCpXuwY2Zs72CbxzGlf2vT3N4pHOfh7MY0PBPhZPIttsqvgdYYFgcW1DKUZt_my3p=w1046-h589-no

Yeah i see them now ;)

Thats a pretty typical one, but using a World Heroes G2 & 42G-1 instead of the usual Power Spikes 2 TOP & 256 boards.

Ive seen a lot like that, but not sure if it was an SNK thing or someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously it makes no difference which boards are used, as long as they do take the size of the ROMs used, you can pretty much use any boards for that tiny game.

The story I was told was that when Puzzle Bobble came out it was wildly popular and SNK was scavenging as many carts as they could and turning them into Puzzle Bobble. I guess there were only a few games that had cartridges that were compatible.

No, pretty near every game to that point wouldve been compatible, except NAM, Cyber Lip, Ninja Combat, or any other very early game that used totally different sized chips. Those games could be made to work ( although not NAM ) , but it wouldve been a bit more effort, and NAM used boards specific only to NAM.

Sure, the game was popular, but the reason Power Spikes 2 was used is because it was NOT popular at all, and they had a surplus they couldnt shift.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing about NEO•GEO carts is that any game can be swapped between boards without any other change if all the ROM sizes are the same or very close to the same, and the chip sizes are the same physically.

You can take Strikers 1945 and drop it straight in to Sengoku 3 without much more than a couple jumper swaps. You can take Metal Slug and drop it straight in Samurai Shodown 2, or Pulstar in KOF 96, it really is that simple.

If the total game size is simular, itll almost always work. The V-ROMs are the worst to deal with because the board needs to be able to switch a big enough chip there, but the others are generally a pretty straight swap for games using the same size chips.

• Administrators
The story I was told was that when Puzzle Bobble came out it was wildly popular and SNK was scavenging as many carts as they could and turning them into Puzzle Bobble. I guess there were only a few games that had cartridges that were compatible.

As long as it works it doesn't matter.

I gave the //e monitor a quick clean today and booted the machine up.

It has a couple of dud keys and a wavy picture but it's nothing that can't be repaired.

Cheers Trev 6b7e872485f0f4bac1b45e80c38e75a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Man I used to use them in primary school in the early 90s

Usually educational games of course. Alberts House and there was this animal game which i cannot for the life of me remember the name of - had a few sub games. I think snakes and ladders was one of them. man id love to play them again

Usually educational games of course. Alberts House and there was this animal game which i cannot for the life of me remember the name of - had a few sub games. I think snakes and ladders was one of them. man id love to play them again

I used an Apple II Europlus in High School in 1984 and I have one today.[emoji6]

a707c7d51d610043ced20a0810438b02.jpg

Holy shit that IIe takes me right back to grade 3 and 4. We had two of them in the back of the classroom, they rarely got used as no teacher knew how to use them. If we were really, really lucky and got our work done, we used to be able to play Raft Away River on it.

However, I remember the monitor being green, not black and white. Maybe it wasn't a IIe, but that form factor does look familiar.

Holy shit that IIe takes me right back to grade 3 and 4. We had two of them in the back of the classroom, they rarely got used as no teacher knew how to use them. If we were really, really lucky and got our work done, we used to be able to play Raft Away River on it.

However, I remember the monitor being green, not black and white. Maybe it wasn't a IIe, but that form factor does look familiar.

There was an Apple green screen available for the IIe c2533dbb2ea6e1f4f8d56f9e2a5907f2.jpg

Internet pic mine's out in the shed.[emoji16]

They only care about what the game looks like on their shelf.

Yep.

They used to slam me for helping out with repairing carts because apparently i was assisting boot leggers make fake carts.

At one point, i had a mod demand that i open every one of my carts and take photos to prove theyre genuine, ive only got about 230 NEO•GEO carts...

They also made allegations that i am Christoph Ratel, because i told someone their newly purchased KOF '94 was not a fake after they had purchased it from Tokyo Toy Factory... I mean honestly... Who the f*** is gonna bootleg KOF '94 home carts? They were dirt cheap and common as mud, and his pics proved it to be genuine.

It didnt matter that the forum owner is also the owner of NEO Store, seller of many a bootleg home cart and a fair few MVS boots as well... Not to mension selling untested used home carts as "new" that i had to repair before i could play it... Service was great to buy, but after sales service was non exsistent, posting on the forum got me a stern warning and had my thread removed, so i posted it on every other forum i was on at the time, which finally woke him up...

Its all crazy sh** over there mate...

Grabbed a $30 OG Xbox game lot today mostly because it had 100% complete copies of DOA Extreme and Shenmue II, but also because I don't have Knights of the Old Republic II here either. The rest I think I pretty much have, but it's been a while since I've picked up anything substantial!

DnQgf4ZUwAAfzPa.thumb.jpg.a1b6950b7ba6c68e6e3ba0cf2e8411b4.jpg

Whilst it's not strictly video games, it is retro - also found what looks to be a starter deck for the original release of Magic The Gathering too!

DnQnn4eUYAA6ljz.thumb.jpg.2bfbb9c2a036e6d05cd76117992b2350.jpgDnQnn4ZUcAAwdkb.thumb.jpg.1fb767238dfa8f3d89330f9cfb9f170d.jpg