Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Donkey Kong replica build

Been nice n busy past couple of mornings on the final jobs to be done before start up, had to make a start on the cp, needed to make a pocket for the control stick, I had a router but not the right sized bit so edges are dodgy as but won't be seen ;)

4mm pocket for the top of cp

_20180208_063253.thumb.jpg.3e9e75d4feb476032484d258207809a5.jpg

And 6mm for the bottom

_20180209_162133.thumb.jpg.e80d208ba3352cfd23aa6a7b0b6fd748.jpg

Then worked out holes for the control stick bracket

_20180208_063313.thumb.jpg.ee0511a1dcef7584c31210084b49daa8.jpg

Guard in place between cp and cpo

_20180209_162622.thumb.jpg.35702b46b65012fd7893962e1d8d34d4.jpg

Cpo on now with chrome bolts

_20180209_162721.thumb.jpg.cdddec2ae7398b9d9cab164fa7bfc1f9.jpg

Added the t-molding

_20180209_162732.thumb.jpg.509423082eef70f24c61eaf1cc392e43.jpg

Buttons and microswitches

_20180209_162945.thumb.jpg.340fba38f724c86b563c8512e904de16.jpg

Joystick bolted down

_20180209_163210.thumb.jpg.8076110b0fa14f094b8f5ced64be54b5.jpg

Completed cp

_20180208_204543.thumb.jpg.b8af2df9ef5ebd86aa2bd6c8c5c41fdc.jpg

Sorry for so many pics :)

• Like 2

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Been nice n busy past couple of mornings on the final jobs to be done before start up, had to make a start on the cp, needed to make a pocket for the control stick, I had a router but not the right sized bit so edges are dodgy as but won't be seen ;)

4mm pocket for the top of cp

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123831[/ATTACH]

And 6mm for the bottom

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123832[/ATTACH]

Then worked out holes for the control stick bracket

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123833[/ATTACH]

Guard in place between cp and cpo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123834[/ATTACH]

Cpo on now with chrome bolts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123835[/ATTACH]

Added the t-molding

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123836[/ATTACH]

Buttons and microswitches

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123838[/ATTACH]

Joystick bolted down

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123841[/ATTACH]

Completed cp

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123843[/ATTACH]

Sorry for so many pics :)

NEVER apologise for too many pics. Most posts here don't have enough.

this is looking awesome!

Brad

Very nice work. The wiring (and other things as well) looks very neat. Well done.

Thanks mate appreciate it, wanted everything to be done right for this cab, it's my second build and iv learnt so much more building a dedicated cab.

So it's been a couple of days since first start up and iv managed to get in a couple of hours gaming and all is working really well.

Big thanks to @dragonlee for helping me with setting up the monitor as well as being the man that had the monitor I needed when looking for one, thanks a million Leo :)

Once I stop playing dk for a few minutes I will have to finish off the little things on the cab to complete this build.

Awesome work bro!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

I bet it is very satisfying to now own a DK as pristine as this. Many hrs of barrel jumping hammer smashing ahead.....simply great job.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Very satisfying, now to get the final details on :) just so hard now that it's up n running

So it's been a couple of days since first start up and iv managed to get in a couple of hours gaming and all is working really well.

Big thanks to @dragonlee for helping me with setting up the monitor as well as being the man that had the monitor I needed when looking for one, thanks a million Leo :)

Once I stop playing dk for a few minutes I will have to finish off the little things on the cab to complete this build.

Yw Paul..anytime

I love restorations, builds, not only in arcade stuff, but cars etc.

I went over your build topic over two sessions today and finally got through it all - so impressive! Excellent work, it came up absolutely amazing.

Thanks mate, it's definitely my favourite project to date. Now to finish of the small details :)

• 4 weeks later...
Amazing build, one of my favorite cabs. What board did you use and where did you get it? I would think that would be the hardest part to source.....

Thanks mate, it was the pcb I bought first, early last year from klov a genuine dk pcb, klov have them fairly often, or mike's arcade, they normally source from klov, fix/test boards and sell, biggest killer is postage, will cost around $100 half the time. I'm about to get a couple more for back ups ☺

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so it's been awhile since my last update on the project, been too busy past few weeks and any spare time gets used to play the game lol, but today I decided to get the back door on and lock as well as installing the front brackets for the marquee and bezel to finish off the front, well almost, still have to get my insert coin sticker on, apart from that it's just the CRT cardboard surround to put in and project is as good as done :)

_20180402_202921.thumb.jpg.1d3cbfee41691d0aadd92d45671a3fae.jpg

• Like 2

Great job on the cabinet.

What is your current PB and what is your goal?

Thanks mate.

Currently sitting on 197,500, would like to hit a killscreen or a million or both lol always depends on time, iv put in a good 8 Maybe 10hrs all up since I got it up n running.

• 1 year later...
Wow... that looks incredible!! I have ordered my cab from ArcadeWorx, and am waiting to start my project. Am just waiting for Rob to send it on in - really excited. I have everything else ready to rock and roll Sans a few brackets that got lost in transit and the White T-Moulding. Where did you source your moulding from if you don't mind my asking?
  • Like 1

Wow... that looks incredible!! I have ordered my cab from ArcadeWorx, and am waiting to start my project. Am just waiting for Rob to send it on in - really excited. I have everything else ready to rock and roll Sans a few brackets that got lost in transit and the White T-Moulding. Where did you source your moulding from if you don't mind my asking?

Pretty sure I ended up getting my t moulding from Mike's arcade along with a heap of other bits.