Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 5: JOKER POKER [FINISHED]

Nudge is vital on this table... too many drains otherwise.

Awesome when you get a full set of 10 to Ace + 5x though :)

A long time favourite table of mine, one of the first Arcades I ever went to regularly after High School - they had Joker Poker, 6-Million Dollar Man, Playboy, Sinbad, Star Trek to name a few. Used to go home have dinner, head back on our bicycles to the Arcade and stay till closing. After closing The operator would pay a few of us in 20c pieces to clean all the pins at the end of the night, as long as we put the 20's back in the machines before we went home. Total win for him, and us :) Was the first Arcade I ever saw a high score blackboard on above the change counter. Also the first Arcade I saw the classic Vector game Space Wars - another addiction. How Arcades have changed, they are total arse now.

Have bid on several JP's on Ebay but haven't managed to score one yet.

jp1.jpg.5075b4eaba58283a4a580984a2cf6b72.jpg

This looks like some fun...ill have to giv this table a whirl tonight on the cab

Do i then just take a picture of the score?

Yep, just take a pic and post here. Welcome to the comp :)

Have bid on several JP's on Ebay but haven't managed to score one yet.

I know a guy who has several, or at least he did last time i spoke with him. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll ask if he's got one for sale and, if so, I'll put the two of you together to maybe work something out........:cool:

I know a guy who has several, or at least he did last time i spoke with him. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll ask if he's got one for sale and, if so, I'll put the two of you together to maybe work something out........:cool:

Thanks Ozstick, will PM :)

231550333_JokerPoker-494690.jpg.973c45abfa498f55537b7fde207bdac5.jpg

Love the look of this table and it has a really good flow to its play as well - you definitely need to be in tune with this one to get a good score. Completing ABC to light extra ball is mandatory, followed by dropping 10, Js or Qs on the appropriate ball to achieve 5x for bonus.

It's one of those tables where you can see a drain coming from a mile away yet not react with a nudge to prevent it! Also, I don't know about anyone else but does nudging seem very sensitive on this table? I ended up trying to fine tune my mercury switches as I think one or both of then were "double bouncing" and delivering two nudges at once, which was more often than not enough to tilt. Bloody frustrating when you're on a really good ball.....

Yeah, the tilt does seem to be sensitive on this table. I haven't looked at the actual setting in the code but a few people have said the same now.

I haven't given my pinny a good go in what seems like ages, so tonight it's a double, Joker Poker in this league, then some Donkey Kong for the Kong Off. Sweet :)

TIme's Up!

Dedrok takes out another table, not by much from Foot this time.

Final standings are:

1. Dedrok: 933,390 - 25

2. Foot: 840,680 - 20

3. Jammasized: 555,750 - 16

4. Kane: 534,910 - 13

5. MrBungle: 500,650 - 11

6. Ozstick: 494,690 - 10

7. Stuzza: 214,850 - 9

New table will be posted and ladder updated shortly.

Quite enjoyed it once I figured out how to avoid draining down the guts every ball

Do you mean out of the specs lane ? I found I had to nudge every time it came out of that lane to avoid the drain.

Just about to post the new table :)