Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Nutt & Muddle Jubilee 10c

Gidday all.

Have aquired a jammed machine, which I have stripped down and freed up. Very simple, someone used a two cent piece in a 10c mech.

Had 4.72 worth of coins in it, so I'm a winner already!

I found a 1966 10c coin and 2 x 1967, in it.

So I have a number of questions, if anyone can throw in with some advise:

How does one date a machine? Power is for lights only. There is no electro mechanical interfaces at all.

How would one obtain spare cabinet parts. (The chrome front shell (left side of reel window) is bent, so it seems silly to sandblast and rechrome it. and the Panel that used to have the coin funnel (?) is missing.)

a couple pics to share:

slot.thumb.jpg.d3c9f52c84f62d51c58117688e6691a9.jpg

891.jpg.a3cc745484489d59ba918794c32526f6.jpg

Hi - The Jubilee poker machine would date around 1977 - 1978, Nutt and Muddle first released the Riviera style in 1966 - the first ones ran on pre decimal currency as in 3d, 6d, 1 and 2 shillings - from around 1966 - 1975 / 76 they were a one piece compact unit that did not have the larger coin payout light up section.

As for spare parts I know Kev has wrecked many pokies years ago and he has helped me out with some pokie spares, try kev at http://www.kfe.com.au/

Does the machine still have the serial plate(s) attached to it? Could possibly be on the other side of the cabinet or on the rear

As for obtaining parts your best bet is to wait patiently until another one that is similar or the same pops up for sale on either ebay or gumtree and hope its a non working machine with missing parts so you can strip it for the parts you are after. Or you could search around on google for forums regarding slot machines that are based in the US, i have a mate who has restored a few and has contacted people on a forum (i cant recall which one) after just signing up to one, and successfully had the parts he needed sent over to Aus and even had manuals emailed to him by members!! Goodluck

Hey, thanks for the responses, guys.

I saw, on this forum, a N&M serial number plate, but I checked everywhere on this machine, and can find no suggestion of a plate ever being fitted.

I saw an ebay reference for Kev on another thread, but had no luck, so thanks very much for the working link.

Added a couple pics of internals...

internals.thumb.jpg.2fb436ba88703f0b0381ec4c156ce40b.jpg

internals1.thumb.jpg.27e966390b218d812bfe3b2bd9486f4f.jpg

Just got an email back from Kev. Seems parts are getting hard to find...:

Hi ______

We did have all those parts, but over the years collectors like yourself have picked the eyes out of all I have.

I would have the coin entry & reject button but not the steel pane. (you could make the panel yourself)

Might have the coin box for that model.

BR kev

Could someone please clarify "coinbox". Is this the payout tray, which is a drawer at the bottom of the unit?

Also, if anyone has some detailed pics front and rear of the Coin entry panel, and could send to me?

I dropped a email to 2 different Uk guys, but only got a reply from 1, and he says he only dealt with pre 1960's machines. (http://www.slotmachinedepot.co.uk/)

The other, (http://www.1armedbandit.co.uk/ ) has not responded to 2 emails, and even a call from my brother, who is working in Scotland, went unanswered.

I shall have a peruse of the link you provided. Thanks.

I dropped a email to 2 different Uk guys, but only got a reply from 1, and he says he only dealt with pre 1960's machines. (http://www.slotmachinedepot.co.uk/)

The other, (http://www.1armedbandit.co.uk/ ) has not responded to 2 emails, and even a call from my brother, who is working in Scotland, went unanswered.

I shall have a peruse of the link you provided. Thanks.

Yep, the guy from 1armbandit is notoriously slow, but he'll eventually reply.

Pennymachines is a forum with a really helpful bunch of guys who know their shit.

not meaning to hijack the op's thread but anyone know of someone who can firstly repair a machine which is the first priority and secondly restore it preferably in adelaide? I have a mate who has an aristocat one arm bandit.

They aren't all that hard to figure out if they are mechanical. If your mates has electric hoppers and boards in the top box, its in most cases a boat anchor.

not meaning to hijack the op's thread but anyone know of someone who can firstly repair a machine which is the first priority and secondly restore it preferably in adelaide? I have a mate who has an aristocat one arm bandit.

Why hijack a thread, when your problem is not related to mine, and you would get more responses if you started your own thread?

• 1 year later...

Hello I have an eastern promise machine. Do you still have yours, i need some pics of the the internals on the side of the pull handle do you have any? im having trouble with the coin mech and need to see if everything is hooked up right.

Cheers

What appears to be your problem on your machine. It is fully mechanical, I have restored a few of these over the years and one of the biggest problems is over time the grease drys out and thing do not spin/work well.

- - - Updated - - -

The coin box is more than likely the box that the extra coins (House Money) fall into once the payout tube is full.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105400[/ATTACH] I know I have some old photos of the working let me dig up something. I am sure I also have some old manuals around the place as well.

Not quite the same model but I am sure the workings will be that same.

Awesome thanks. Can I grab a close up side picture please.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Awesome thanks. Can I grab a close up side picture please, I need to see if all the springs are connected proper. Mine seems to work without coins, so I need to adjust it. I used to work but somebody raided it for the coins and something doesn't work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105400[/ATTACH] I know I have some old photos of the working let me dig up something. I am sure I also have some old manuals around the place as well.

Not quite the same model but I am sure the workings will be that same.

These the pics I need mate if ua can help. Cheerscef195e08e86a4f9048b7f638480eecd.jpgeac11fd7b1fd71b5317311cee069605b.jpge9d18c72728fa9114ea335a0139d1cd3.jpg54c1e6423cb62cf7cb02d7e497b10379.jpg75db4f1c2da478d71dd212940779ca59.jpg

• 1 month later...
? thats correct. There must be a coin there to prevent the pin from moving forward. The pin being held back, allows the rest of the mech to cycle, thus setting everything else in motion.