Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

• 3 weeks later...

Who loves disks? Programming books? Big box C64 stuff? What about MS-DOS stuff? Got a heap of it in a recent pickup.. oh, and a token BBC Micro because reasons. Mobile, so I’ll just post a link to my post on Twitter :p

Who loves disks? Programming books? Big box C64 stuff? What about MS-DOS stuff? Got a heap of it in a recent pickup.. oh, and a token BBC Micro because reasons. Mobile, so I’ll just post a link to my post on Twitter [emoji14]

I'd be interested in the bbc if you're selling[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Who loves disks? Programming books? Big box C64 stuff? What about MS-DOS stuff? Got a heap of it in a recent pickup.. oh, and a token BBC Micro because reasons. Mobile, so I’ll just post a link to my post on Twitter [emoji14]

Omg gortek.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been gathering parts to build an 8" floppy drive to use on my pc. I want to create some 8" boot disks for the Synax computers from a disk image I found online.

This thing is huge.

Cheers Trev.724efdae3ee6c21b05dbdef2e31c8ef9.jpg

Added this little beauty to the fold.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]130032[/ATTACH]

That item some one posts and every one knows what it is except for me lol

If i guessed Video card would I be really wrong?

• Administrators
I'd say it's an accelerator card for and Apple IIgs.

Spot on, its a Transwarp GS. Hard to get one at less than insane prices.

I think I got lucky because Reactivemicro is taking preorders on a repro one.

I don't think they are no where near as useful as the accelerators on the Amiga.

Added this little beauty to the fold.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]130032[/ATTACH]

Mmmmm.. yummy. My // Europlus and //gs are next on the project list to be fixed. Really looking forward to having them running!

Although I need to figure out why the Europlus' PSU "ticks" when turned on (I just replaced the power switch, and I suspect it hadn't been turned on for near on 20 years), and put the replacement resistor back in the //gs PSU (and not run 240v through it again)... Was going to get one (or two) of ReactiveMicro's universal PSUs, but at $au160-180 shipped that's a negative ghost rider :(

Mmmmm.. yummy. My // Europlus and //gs are next on the project list to be fixed. Really looking forward to having them running!

Although I need to figure out why the Europlus' PSU "ticks" when turned on (I just replaced the power switch, and I suspect it hadn't been turned on for near on 20 years), and put the replacement resistor back in the //gs PSU (and not run 240v through it again)... Was going to get one (or two) of ReactiveMicro's universal PSUs, but at $au160-180 shipped that's a negative ghost rider :(

Send it up and I'll recap it for you.

• 5 weeks later...

Holy grail Tuesday. Teenage me would be losing his collective shit right about now. Not pictured: tank stick, NeoCD pad, memory card and two boxed games (SamSho1 & AOF1). Also have a NeoSD on the way :D

IMG_3553.thumb.JPG.d3acaa5718d041a7f0dae0b014a713ba.JPG

Cool pickup today.

Atari 2600 light sixer with games including Indy 500, driving controllers and paddles $50 the lot.

PS2 with controllers and games. A bit grubby no psu or video cable but only $25 the lot.[emoji16]

I'm happy with that.

Cheers Trevc8f4b055377a1802e2e72f605b8cc616.jpg66d3b6b9516a03c19c3d56275727a2f1.jpg

There must a limit to what you collect eventually? Or is it the one that dies with more wins? That last is me, just wish I had more money and I would die with more. [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There must a limit to what you collect eventually? Or is it the one that dies with more wins? That last is me, just wish I had more money and I would die with more. [emoji108]

I was even looking at an old Yamaha keyboard [emoji38]

I usually only buy computers and consoles from the 70s and 80s and only if they're cheap. It's a nostalgia trip for me. I'm not into test gear or vintage audio stuff.