Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Vewlix 32 inch LCD problem

jono

Question

Hi Guys, the 32 inch LCD in my Vewlix cabinet isn't working, there are no signs of life whatsoever. I've done the following diagnosis.

* confirmed voltage to the end of the kettle cord that plugs into the back of the screen

* reseated the Jamma hardness

* plugged the vga cable from the gameboard into a separate computer monitor and everything works

Is there any thing else I can do to to diagnose or fix this problem?

Assuming there is a problem with the screen what are my next steps? TV repair service? Swap the screen with a LCD TV?

10 answers to this question

Is there a digital adjustment board in the cabinet somewhere? I am not familiar with Viewlix, but my Lindbergh has a digital adjustment board for the monitor inside the control panel.

If there is an adjustment board, it would be worth hitting some buttons to see if anything happens.

I've not seen this particular screen before, but have fixed a few different LCDs in my days. Check the power supply and the backlight inverter power board on it for split or leaking caps. Some models of inverter boards will have their transistors short out if the caps go bad. There's either a Picofuse or a surface mount fuse on the inverter board. If it's blown, check the switching transistors on it for shorts, but be cautious of the circuit. You might be reading a bit through the inverting transformers.

Raymond

Is there a digital adjustment board in the cabinet somewhere? I am not familiar with Viewlix, but my Lindbergh has a digital adjustment board for the monitor inside the control panel.

If there is an adjustment board, it would be worth hitting some buttons to see if anything happens.

Thanks Pat, found the board above the coin box, unfortunately nothing happened.

- - - Updated - - -

I've not seen this particular screen before, but have fixed a few different LCDs in my days. Check the power supply and the backlight inverter power board on it for split or leaking caps. Some models of inverter boards will have their transistors short out if the caps go bad. There's either a Picofuse or a surface mount fuse on the inverter board. If it's blown, check the switching transistors on it for shorts, but be cautious of the circuit. You might be reading a bit through the inverting transformers.

Raymond

Thank you. I think I've found the board you are talking about. Will do some investigation later today and report back.

Hi jono did you ever replace the monitor inside your vewlix?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Yep, all sorted. Swapped it with a second hand 32 LCD TV bought off Gumtree pretty cheaply. It was a pretty easy install that took about an hour. Looks good and works great. Try to find a slimline TV that auto turns on at power up and has a setting so that you can set the default input device on start up. Shot me a PM with your number if you want to chat about this.

UGSYuAf.jpg?1

GIMdttT.jpg?1