Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl 12 game 1: Commando [finished]

Getting one tomorrow:D CAUSE I CANT PLAY COMMANDO WITH THE DAMN KEYBOARD!!!!<Lack of skills is my bet:lol

F$%king frustrating game, would of been a money puller in the day, bloody grenades are worthless imo you sit back lobbing grenades and get slaughtered by grunts, best just to run and fire imo.

Nearly like a top down Metal Slug in appearances, I feel similarities

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

Get into Targett if you can they have Arcade style joysticks for the PS3 that work on a PC see them in this thread.

Those look great for the $! :cool:

Yeh the grenades are arse! Have to have a perfect length throw for them to be any good, for me it's all run and gun.

Those look great for the $! :cool:

Yeh the grenades are arse! Have to have a perfect length throw for them to be any good, for me it's all run and gun.

Its a pity there was not a bonus at the end of each level for amount of grenades hoarded ( say 500 pts first level then increasing by 500 each level) , would of really added to the gameplay and a nice bonus factor, ie collecting them for bonus points

Will crank this one up for the first time in ages tomorrow, should find a couple of hours for it, hope that's enough because I have a busy weekend coming up.

Hey DKong, I played this at the bowling in the day, sure I remember getting to level 4, will see though.

I found it to be a reasonably good value game, and I was a scrooge with my 20c.

Will crank this one up for the first time in ages tomorrow, should find a couple of hours for it, hope that's enough because I have a busy weekend coming up.

Hey DKong, I played this at the bowling in the day, sure I remember getting to level 4, will see though.

I found it to be a reasonably good value game, and I was a scrooge with my 20c.

Bless the old bowling for stocking games:D Good luck on getting to level 4 I died with one grunt left on level 3:realmad: It is a quick game anyway and can't believe it has not come up before in the MGL

+1 on grenades being useless. don use them dont pick them up. run and shoot in a forward zig zag formation. whats with the only 2 lives gheyness?? 35k but no pic so it might aswell not have happened.

F12 on your keyboard will do a screenshot , otherwise use your camera ( you do have a mobile phone right)

no screenshot on my challenger pro yo that nig be livin large holla. yes have mobile, can send you cock pic if you like?

Up to you mate , you can send a screenshot or a cock pic if it takes your fancy not sure it will give you a higher score though :unsure

Smash and he sends the Table Tennis ball flying henry;s way with a bit of spin.

Yes as per the MGL rules a screenshot is required :)

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Guess there will be no pics of Tommy then:lol

Ever since he was a young boy he played the silver ball

From Sa to QLD he must of found them all

but then he found the polish drink and

thought I have done it all:p

+1 on grenades being useless. don use them dont pick them up. run and shoot in a forward zig zag formation. whats with the only 2 lives gheyness?? 35k but no pic so it might aswell not have happened.

Good advice on the run and zig zag, I'm getting best results that way too.... btw it's 3 lives, not 2 (see dip settings 1st post) so that should boost your score a bit too.

Woh a bit harder than I remember, can't see myself playing enough to get near my old scores, just had a couple of games and got 48k. Hopefully I will add to that though, I actually find the grenades to be useful and just powerful enough.

I was talking to another member here about an unrelated matter and told him about the MGL, his name is "commando" and his high is about 127k. I wonder if he will turn up?

OK starting to remember the tactics, you need to make that side to side controller wobble really fast so you spray bullets everywhere, not just on diagonals. Quick turn behind shots and straight back to the front.

0007.jpg.271e932befbac38510070cf9a27754e0.jpg

Edited by Rat
score update

Bought that $30 joystick from target. Works a treat! How the hell it can be made for 30 I've no idea. Yay child labour?

http://users.on.net/~edan/cam/mame/commando3.png

Good stuff:) and it added 20,000 to your score:D

Just a day and a half left for commando, and things are pretty close for the podium, but there could be a desert storm to the finish line ... Am a bit surprised I haven't been hit with the sniper rifle yet, will have to give it a bit more time this weekend and see if I can do better, put up the sandbags, dig the trench and wait to be attacked :)

Just in case I don't get another chance to play it heres my score, 86,100

Cheers,

Brad[ATTACH=CONFIG]20666[/ATTACH]

Aw man, did me by 100 :realmad:

I know what I'll be doing after my Grandma's 101st birthday tomorrow.... though I just bet she wont let me leave early to play Commando :D

• Administrators
Aw man, did me by 100 :realmad:

I know what I'll be doing after my Grandma's 101st birthday tomorrow.... though I just bet she wont let me leave early to play Commando :D

It was one of those games where everything just seemed to work. I've played about 10 times since and keep averaging 40,000 :realmad: Of course it would be the beers talking :D

brad

Updated score to 80,800 that's it for me, I'm fairly sure I will be too busy tomorrow to play at all.

Fun but also frustrating blast on an old classic, I hate how even after you get warmed up you can still get hit on a new game by the first enemy sometimes.

Why can't my bullets go over holes in the ground? hmm that dude must be tough, he just bumped my shoulder and i died, lol.

Reached the end of the last area (4th) died had a man left, game starts me right on the edge of a hole so I what do I do , fall straight in :realmad: plus I fell 1000 short of the 100,000.

Working all day tomorrow. score updated 99,000