Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Southern Hemisphere Pinball Championships 2019 7th-9th June

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you

This was one of the most enjoyable weekends of pinball I've had in ages. Relaxing and easy going. Tournaments ran well on time (ahead of time in some situations) and a great group of people.

Thanks for opening the barn for the events all the contributors to the machines, Eddie (FUE), TD's (it's a bunch of names), scorekeepers and the players. Great catching up with everyone.

Ed, Sorry we didn’t get time to look into them, I normally travel with my pinball repair kit bag most times but because you were on the case, us techies could rest easy and do our pinball trench warfare thing. You spoilt us rotten Ed! The games were set up just perfectly and is a credit to your work and art. Thank you mate for a near technically flawless event. You need to invoice Leigh and dan! Worth every cent.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

That’s all good Cliffy

High Hand was just reset the ball count in back of the head, so assuming Eye will be the same.

Although High Hands score motor spat it just before end of qualifying.

What some didn’t realise was that there were 3 complete spare full banks (9 games) to cover breakdowns as well as 2 new Stern spares, 2 or 3 spare SS and 2 or 4 spare EM games on top of that.

So 16 - 18 spare games to cover breakdowns.

So looks like I have to provide printed out sheets to the TDs as they were so swamped with their jobs that they forget how I do things previously so that I can relax slightly on the Saturday after a 19hr Friday til 7am.

Everyone did such a great job to keep on top of things over the whole weekend regardless as there was plenty to do.

Hopefully future events (if there are any) will run much smoother, machines will perform much better ( had to take lots of shortcuts) given that I’ll have 2 years, not 2 months.

Huge thanks to Leigh for Hosting such a great event and keeping me off the streets for so long.

Huge thanks to Dan for allowing me to work on so many different types, styles, wide range of repairs on so many machines.

Always with the learning.

For the food runs, numerous coffee runs and mostly for being way too busy so that I could work in peace. Haha. FUD.

RotorDave for running and starting such a great idea to get international players to start coming to events. Things ran pretty smooth for the most part. Hope this thing grows way out of control.

Luke for doing the officiating as Co Country Director seeing Dan was a TD and teching (while I zzzzz), making quick decisive decisions to keep thing ticking along.

Tezza, ChimmyTap and any other scorers, probably the people I’ve already thanked.

You guys get bugged constantly, even at 3am. Hehe.

Thanks everyone that showed up and behaved so well over the weekend.

Always great to catch up with everyone, new faces, old faces, wether I remember names, faces or not.

Hey, even forgot my own name during finals.

Thanks to everyone that shows up to help on the Friday, during, after and before the event, brings or offers to bring extra food, provides and cook bbqs, bog roll,etc.

Furbs, Michael Howarth, Zanderzone.

Am sure there was a hell of a lot of others doing stuff that I didn’t see too.

After tonight I’ll put up a damage report, but at a quick count, looks to be around 20 odd machines again, be it a loose flipper on an EM all the way up to a complete failure.

Pretty much same as the barn meet but 3 x more play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dedrok

Relaxing and easy going. Tournaments ran well on time (ahead of time in some situations)

Thanks man.

That’s the way things have got to be ... create a good schedule and do your darndest to make it work as it should.

Hey ... you’re always gonna have some shit happen .. like a long playing game, or no 4G, or a machine going down ... but remedy the situation ASAP and keep the train on the tracks.

I was really pleased how everything ran in the weekend ... like smashing out a 75 person 3 Strike comp in 5 hours flat. That was pretty cool.

The competitors all played their part by bringing everything they needed, and staying on site so we weren’t looking for people all the time. That’s the bane of a TDs life, looking for people. That wasn’t an issue this time around. Awesome.

Again - thanks to everyone for coming to the Barn and supporting my concept of “Pinburgh for downunder”. We smashed through a hell of a lot of top grade pinball in 2.5 days! In fact, it would be really interesting for someone to go through the 5 Matchplay events and see how many (one player) games there were over the weekend ... it would be in the 1000s. Must have been like 1000 games of classic qualifying alone!

:)

Dave.

Wowsa, what a massive weekend.

Such a well run run event with an the awesome collection of unique pins. The comradery, location, it doesn't get much better than this being able to sit around the firepit between comps.

A big shout out to everyone that made this happen, organisers, technicians, scorers, chefs, caretakers, fire wardens...the list goes on and on. And finally the competitors, some of you who travelled from afar...thank you. Wonderful to have met and played pinball with you all.

Can't believe that I even managed to play pinball Sunday morning. I vaguely recall someone playing the classics sitting on a chair around 3am...or was it 4am...I'm not totally sure.

Someone please tell me this'll be on again next year!

Cheers Simon

Such a well run run event with an the awesome collection of unique pins. The comradery, location, it doesn't get much better than this being able to sit around the firepit between comps.

A big shout out to everyone that made this happen, organisers, technicians, scorers, chefs, caretakers, fire wardens...the list goes on and on. And finally the competitors, some of you who travelled from afar...thank you. Wonderful to have met and played pinball with you all.

Can't believe that I even managed to play pinball Sunday morning. I vaguely recall someone playing the classics sitting on a chair around 3am...or was it 4am...I'm not totally sure.

Cheers Simon

Simon... its on again next year but the competition is moving just down the road to your place Ha Ha Ha Ha. Cant wait to see 75 people in your garage.

It's all been said, but want to join in thanking eveyone who made this such a special event - Leigh,TD Dave, Dan, Mick, Luke and all scorekeepers, Edy for all his hard slog preparing that brilliant variety of machines so well for us, and the great people who came along- faces old and new from close and far.

All that open space, fresh air , endless sossosangers, fireside camaraderie - any competitive tension totally evapourated as soon as the next ale went down....was a great vibe,a feast of pinball and fun was king as it should be. Long live The Barn, much appreciated, cheers.

Cheers Simon

Simon

It was from 2:30am - 3am

Then I was done. Fire time and sit back to watch Leigh yell out what’s a good score on...... game, taking me out on a few.

And yes, it is on again next year, just down the road about 3hrs away (by plane) in Pukeoke

Cheers Simon

It is - just outside of Auckland. I highly recommend jumping on a plane and heading to this event at Dave's house in October 2020. Unlike me, he's got most of his games setup to play, so that is like how many @rotordave ? 150?

If you want to hit up SHPC again in Sydney, that won't be for another 2 years and 4 months. October 2021.

So is October the month locked in for SHPC from now on?

I’m booking my annual leave tomorrow. October, in perpetuum

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Yes.

Was locked in at the event.

This year had to be June due to host commitments

Just to give you guys some more clarity:

The event will be parked on the NSW October long weekend (Labour Day) - which means in 2021 the event will fall on 1st-3rd of October.

I believe the NZ leg is sitting on a public holiday as well (maybe Labour Day?) @rotordave

Yes ... this is the date for the 2020 SHPC

Friday 23rd October

Saturday 24th October

Sunday 25th October

(Monday 26th is Labour Day holiday in NZ)

So moving forward, the SHPC will fall on every Labour Day weekend ... alternating annually between NZ and Sydney.

Australia Labour Day is typically at the beginning of October, NZ Labour Day is typically at the end of October.

Re Leigh’s question, there are currently around 125 fully working pins here at my house in Pukekohe.

Dave.

61AA363B-4479-4BAC-8CBD-E77531331AB1.thumb.jpg.08274cbe4bf269b8ee066e2596e5db46.jpg

2E2EA571-A6AB-4B76-BD05-DB0D15D06D1E.thumb.jpg.e0503df336ec4d3d2f0654595123bf5c.jpg

Edited by rotordave

Friday 23rd October

Saturday 24th October

Sunday 25th October

(Monday 26rh is Labour Day holiday in NZ)

....aaaaaand annual leave booked!

Australia Labour Day is typically at the beginning of October, NZ Labour Day is typically at the end of October.

Dave.

Its only Labour Day in ACT, NSW, SA... not all of Australia unfortunately

Friday 23rd October

Saturday 24th October

Sunday 25th October

(Monday 26th is Labour Day holiday in NZ)

So moving forward, the SHPC will fall on every Labour Day weekend ... alternating annually between NZ and Sydney.

Re Leigh’s question, there are currently around 125 fully working pins here at my house in Pukekohe.

Dave.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149219

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149220

Dave... please wipe down your pins as I have been drooling like Homer Simpson over the pic's :lol

Really need to make an effort to get there next year!

Regards Aceman:

Great photo of me...

92929f1d267cc4ba024a8d3c5a7d5f2b.jpg.e196727e707827cb051258e8762267f1.jpg

Looks like you're turning to your invisible friend: "Man you seriously gotta have a toke on this".

Cheers,

G

Edited by GEE

Damage report

Am sure there are a few more I haven’t seen that are minor. Also wiped out a few that weren’t an issue, just complaints.

15 machines over a 3 day hammering.

Not including the Friday night and during comp repairs.

So more like 20 odd.

They can wait [emoji846]

Looks like you're turning to your invisible friend: "Man you seriously gotta have a toke on this".

Cheers,

G

I think leigh grabbed it and that gave him his 7 minutes of glory playing at 2.40am saturday...Or was it Sunday?

Off topic - If you remember me telling you all about the lions at night at this event, and some of you did hear them, tomorrow night on Nine (9) News they talk about how Bullen's Animal World at Wallacia and African Lion Safari at Warragamba will be making a comeback. I think they will be combined in one location. Just some trivia.

Off topic - If you remember me telling you all about the lions at night at this event, and some of you did hear them, tomorrow night on Nine (9) News they talk about how Bullen's Animal World at Wallacia and African Lion Safari at Warragamba will be making a comeback. I think they will be combined in one location. Just some trivia.

Just saw it on ACA

• Administrators

Hahaha, yeah the Kiwis thought you were taking the piss a few years ago when you told them the roaring was from lions echoing from Warragamba.

African Lion Safari was a must see when I was a kid.