Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 33 - Game 5 ~ Rally-X (closes 24-Sep)

OOO

Maze chase …

MGL 33 - Game 5 ~ Rally-X

QNhPeeK.png

Nominated by gamer: Jeff Mikuska, USA

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: RallyX

Game Story:

The player moves his car around the maze, avoiding several red cars that chase the player. The object is to collect ten yellow flags that are in the maze. The player can temporarily stun the red cars with its smokescreen. Every third round, the player must move around the maze collecting the flags before fuel runs out, and the cars start to move.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials.

This game finishes Sunday 24 September 2017, 7pm Sydney time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 5 … Collect the flags …

FtycApl.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another example of TG having no idea what they were doing. Game is hard enough on easy, medium is unnecessary.

33k first life. Game over by 36k. Ridiculous

0002.png.a3cd4050ce8e1c56ea7a21a4ae12cd5b.png

- - - Updated - - -

Might even be done on this already lol way too brutal

0004.png.64084c7a78101d08e3723e2782d864b1.png

Another example of TG having no idea what they were doing. Game is hard enough on easy, medium is unnecessary. 33k first life. Game over by 36k. Ridiculous

Sometimes a short game is a good game ... :rolleyes

Here's the scoreboard from TG MAME ... looks like some points are there to be found and taken ...

HmWDrm2.png

Enjoy!

ewd2p3k.png

Get back to us after a few games of medium :D

From Aurcade (for the record) :cool:

Game: Rally-X

Platform: Arcade

Format: Points

Score: 92,610

Player(s): Robert Macauley

Medium in a Funspot Tournament :lol

That being said now I need to reproduce it :redface

Hey Robert, why don't you record your game in WolfMAME and submit your highest score to TG?

If you can hit this score you will take 4th place, and gain valuable TG MAME ESI points to maybe take back the no.1 spot over the next 12 months?

:035:

Hey Robert, why don't you record your game in WolfMAME and submit your highest score to TG?

If you can hit this score you will take 4th place, and gain valuable TG MAME ESI points to maybe take back the no.1 spot over the next 12 months?

:035:

I've recorded almost every game I've played since I started competing in MGLs and always on WolfMAME 106.

I was VERY anti TG during the RK era as I said to you in person over a beer at the Hard Rock Cafe a while back.

That has changed and if I ever get my head around getting verified I may be back in the game (with the exception of Burgertime)

Tried getting verified a while back and ended up calling a timber company in Sydney. Never tried again :redface

Tried getting verified a while back and ended up calling a timber company in Sydney. Never tried again :redface

If you need any help, just send me a PM. I would like to see you retake the no.1 spot in the world on TG MAME.

A timber company hey, I think you had too many beers before you made the call ... :)

If you need any help, just send me a PM. I would like to see you retake the no.1 spot in the world on TG MAME.

A timber company hey, I think you had too many beers before you made the call ... :)

Actually I was stone cold sober at the time which is probably a contributing factor for me calling the timber company :lol

I promise I'll get it sorted out in the near future

0012.png.906adb30a9b2d0716644e61612752051.png

- - - Updated - - -

From Aurcade (for the record) :cool:

Wow! Great score on a tough game Robert!

That has changed and if I ever get my head around getting verified I may be back in the game (with the exception of Burgertime)

Funny you mention BurgerTime, Netherworld has just gotten a machine in ... just for you ...

MGL33_NW_BT.thumb.jpg.65f24b7383f8c08a7f54b1ac722971a5.jpg

0002.png.62bdccf4673384bd60fa9afcc5b8bcdc.png

Not even close to finishing this (6th stage if you include the challenge stage as No 3) stage, think it's another challenge stage after the one I was on.

There has got to be some way of tricking/trapping enemies cars on various mazes, that's the only way I think someone would be able to score 200k on this :unsure

• Administrators
Funny you mention BurgerTime, Netherworld has just gotten a machine in ... just for you ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115814[/ATTACH]

I saw that. Hope its a 4 way stick. Burgertime was unplayable on the Homepin cocktail cab. The joystick was an 8 way and sloppy as hell

Brad

Doesn't the Homepin cocktail cab have a button to switch between 4 way and 8 way? I thought they did. The low boys do.

Pretty sure it does. I think the homepin cabinet that Brad might be referring to was one we used in a comp, and we either didn't realise it had the auto-switcher in it, or it wasn't working.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw that. Hope its a 4 way stick. Burgertime was unplayable on the Homepin cocktail cab. The joystick was an 8 way and sloppy as hell

Brad

I had a game of this on Tuesday when it was first put in, it's a generic lowboy and yes, the joystick is in fact in 4 way. I'm crap at it, so 4-way, 8-way, laser gun or trackball won't make me play this one any better :lol

- - - Updated - - -

0003.png.4c1a7f534a9d84b40c7dbaa2fa5ee52f.png

That should keep me ahead of @Barra for the next 30 minutes or so.

FYI for those playing other WolfMAME versions...

ROM set changed: no

0.106-0.134: rallyx - "Rally X"

0.135-0.189: rallyx - "Rally X (32k Ver.?)" (minor description change only)

Nothing in MAMEINFO.DAT that suggests anything to be wary of through the different versions.

Just play, swear, rinse, repeat. Here I go...

- - - Updated - - -

TER_rallyx_2017-09-08_wolf189_32710.png.341aa95de78d4827375c8143864a30be.png

Ugh! And now back to Bomb Jack...