Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Vewlix Clone

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's more

So whoever showed me a photo of a Vewlix it's all your fault because I have now fell in love with them lol this machine will now replace my machine that I did Artwork on for the time being as I don't have room for both, it will be nice and safe in the garage

By the way I would like to add this was not an easy accomplishment to find the right manufacturer, working out import costs it was a bit of a nightmare to be honest that my Chinese manufacturer has been so accommodating I'm so happy with them can't wait to get this thing home

It has been a huge learning curve but I am very very happy with it

Before I embarked on this mission of mine I contacted Taito Japan and they advise me that they do not sell outside of Japan they then put me in contact with the US correspondence and I have been on Skype with him ever since, we got to the point that a brand-new original Taito Vewlix would cost at least $5000 without shipping

If I was to start importing these and start selling them there is no margin in an original cabinet

d09a5d5caa9d7a1842e1f23caa15d600.jpg

ac77f210dd92179f301b6a3dfc8e25cd.jpg

48c5038d928577e11f46588ecc68a2f8.png

291a1a72b07ab365015223623b71ff72.jpg

f8479ba584c983aae5b5a019e1b19e16.jpg

d7f207f3d9ced9411b9872a1308daa2f.jpg

4b3b8ec7d9c6f50abfce66576c3172fe.jpg

c89e8340deb95ad858a1473c4cf3cd09.jpg

The grey one we bought off Gumtree (QLD) for $1000 and the red one we bought new (SYD) see link . I wouldn't normally buy new but we really wanted a Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition cab and they look more original in red.

The Taito X2 systems we got from Japan and put them in ourselves and @MamePatrol helped with some of the graphics .

http://www.goodsngadgets.com.au/product/viewlix-style-32-lcd-arcade-cabinet-copy/

That look awesome......

Do you know where I can get some Vewlix art work like coin sticker, marquee, instruction cards

Any help would be great

Like I said above @MamePatrol helped me out. I do have a spare coin sticker that I am happy to send you. Just pm your details and I will post it off.

- - - Updated - - -

You might want to put some earth wiring in it...

Which one or both?

You might want to put some earth wiring in it...

Thanks for bringing this up Morty this is one of the stupid problems dealing with other people overseas because I ask something to be done correctly and clearly it's not especially with electrical power etc One would assume they would know how to ground the cabinet I don't I'm not a technician

All good. But happy to send the coin sticker no charge. (they are only sitting in the cupboard) The community here have been great to me over the years so only too happy to help out when I get the opportunity.

DSC02329.thumb.JPG.967dcd8c5ee5a732f7775d69b251a061.JPG

DSC02330.thumb.JPG.70185d584f6259ebbb0a21cad55f80e9.JPG

Yeah not the original... the copy..

Pretty standard on most of the Chinese stuff..

- - - Updated - - -

What would you suggest Morty run a wire to a bolt that is hitting the metal cabinet chassis and then connect to the Switching power supply?

Does it have any earth at all coming inside the machine...

Normally even though you have a a 3 pin iec plug there is nothing connected to the earth pin on the back of the socket..

Yeah not the original... the copy..

Pretty standard on most of the Chinese stuff..

- - - Updated - - -

Does it have any earth at all coming inside the machine...

Normally even though you have a a 3 pin iec plug there is nothing connected to the earth pin on the back of the socket..

I will have to check with the manufacturer

This should be pretty easy though Morty I can grab a 22 gauge wire and attach it to the ground pin and then to the metal chassis of the cabinet that's a good earth yeah

Vewlix Clone

Hi ArcadeObsessed, out of curiosity, what is the estimated landing costs of importing your custom cab? Thanks.

Hey mate how's things going thank you for a really good question

The importing side was one of the main worries when building this Vewlix

I am the sort of person that is more than happy to share my bad experiences so you all can have an easier more direct experience if you decide to do this yourself

I will be able to tell you the final figure when it's landed because that's the nature of the importing beast

I have called many custom brokers some don't give a crap some pretend they are going to help but never get back to you it's a dodgy world out there

I decided to go with shipporter.com

Warwick is a great bloke, very helpful

This is a door to door service they pick it up and send it to your door

I have no means of picking an arcade up from the Melbourne docks

Cost is $728USD