Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl 12 - game 2: Q*bert [finished]

I'm struggling with this game... still only getting in the 20k's. I think the fact I don't have a 'plan' once level 2 starts isn't helping - I still pretty much try to clear levels in haphazard style.

Any gameplay hints you top scorers ? :D

• Like 1

LOL, just got home from night shift and had my first go, playing keyboard, and I suck at this game :)

It is a good game, and I do sort of enjoy it, I just find it difficult to enjoy games I'm sooooo poor at.

I will try to get a couple more games in and improve this score, so I can have a decent game with DKong on his new cab when it arrives :D

0043.png.fab2b2deb093d1e59047593cb7297d97.png

Edited by Rat
score update
  • Like 1

Any gameplay hints you top scorers ? :D

Not really, I'm haphazard too. I think the key is getting to know how the enemies move, and learning to predict what square they will/can jump to next.

Balls come from the top and flow down, and never land in the bottom left and right corners (not in any level I've been to yet). Try to avoid the top squares on the balls levels as it's harder to see them coming and can drop on your head.

The purple guys come from the left/right corners so try to clear those corners first before it gets too crowded down there. On purple guy levels it's safer to be up top except when your expecting snake to drop down.

• Like 1

Not really, I'm haphazard too. I think the key is getting to know how the enemies move, and learning to predict what square they will/can jump to next.

Balls come from the top and flow down, and never land in the bottom left and right corners (not in any level I've been to yet). Try to avoid the top squares on the balls levels as it's harder to see them coming and can drop on your head.

The purple guys come from the left/right corners so try to clear those corners first before it gets too crowded down there. On purple guy levels it's safer to be up top except when your expecting snake to drop down.

Also I noticed if you stand on the very top square balls don't drop on you either.

• Like 1

Great game, never was much good at it.

Been playing on a bootleg board, standard 4 way, I'll hook it up on my mame cab later today using the 8 way set up & samples, that should quadruple my score :lol

SZ

Edited by SectionZ
update score
  • Like 1

• Super Moderator

Score: 35880

qber0004.png.bfacde5c00d3ed8ee83d5ec005c071fa.png

Go the keyboard!

Here's a score for the bank, lets see if there's anything else in the tank!

*hic*

Edit : Updated!

Edited by Foot
  • Like 1

No one else finding this rom dodgy? A lot of the time when I load this on my cabinet the controls dont work and it's a pain to get out of. I can still use macros like windows button and task manager so its not just an ipac problem but I lose all the mame controls. Doesnt matter what rom I use and if it loads ok there's never an issue but its taken me about 10 times to get it up and working just now :(.
  • Like 1

No one else finding this rom dodgy? A lot of the time when I load this on my cabinet the controls dont work and it's a pain to get out of. I can still use macros like windows button and task manager so its not just an ipac problem but I lose all the mame controls. Doesnt matter what rom I use and if it loads ok there's never an issue but its taken me about 10 times to get it up and working just now :(.

Yes

I am having trouble too

Same as you are describing exactly

I will have to reset PC and see - big coincidence or dodgy ROM

• Like 1

Ok, lets face the elephant in the room.. he looks like a floppy cock.. an uncircumcised one at that, complete with bloated ballsack which he should really get checked out by a doctor.

http://users.on.net/~edan/cam/mame/qbert-cam3.png

Edited by wingtipvortex
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I just can't seem to play this with dodgy controls. Best I've gotten so far is 37,000 but I keep losing men when qbert doesn't move as the controls are not registering on the diagonals unless spot on. =/ Thought it might have been the machine so played on one of my others and no better.

brad

• Like 1

Ok, lets face the elephant in the room.. he looks like a floppy cock.. an uncircumcised one at that, complete with bloated ballsack which he should really get checked out by a doctor.

LOL.......DKong has bought a cab of a game where the object is to bounce a cock around checkerboard using a joystick while dodging the balls and snakes?

Is a more phallic game possible? ;)

• Like 1

• Administrators

Haha Foot was right. I'd been giving this game a go inbetween jobs today and kept averaging 30,000 until I then scored 43330. I thought fuck this I've had enough and going to post it. Went and stuck some tiles on the wall in the bathroom I'm fixing up. Finished that, cracked a beer and though fuck lets give it one more shot. Had the Q'bert game of my life :o

qber0002.png.8e9fe5e217a21eae6144b90e360c64ff.png

• Like 1

Haha Foot was right. I'd been giving this game a go inbetween jobs today and kept averaging 30,000 until I then scored 43330. I thought fuck this I've had enough and going to post it. Went and stuck some tiles on the wall in the bathroom I'm fixing up. Finished that, cracked a beer and though fuck lets give it one more shot. Had the Q'bert game of my life :o

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20772[/ATTACH]

:o Great score mate!!

• Like 1

WooHooo updated my score with 5mins to go, but still only got 14k LOL

Found this game to be more fun than I expected, I had not given it much of a play before, and didn't spend as much time playing this week as I wanted. (bloody work) With a bit more practice I'm sure i would have been able to get a respectable score, but probably not 100k :blink:

Looking forward to having a go on DKong's cab when it arrives :)

• Like 1

Time's Up!

Well done to BRAD who blitzed the field with a massive score on the last day. There were a heap of last minute scores flooding in and with a lot of players, I might have missed one so if you see a frak-up, let me know.

Brad now enters the AA High Score List for Q*Bert of 128,255

1. Brad 128,255 25 points

2. Kane 57,195 20 points

3. Dezbaz 54,510 16 points

4. Dkong 42,185 13 points

5. Ramere 39,480 11 points

6. Foot 35,880 10 points

7. Vectrex 34,385 9 points

8. Taverner 30,795 8 points

9. Tiger8855 30,175 7 points

10. Jammasized 25,785 6 points

11. Andykmv 24,875 5 points