Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 28 - Game 2 ~ Bump n Jump ~ [FINISHED]

Bump n Jump 889,688

This game is too addictive ... I enjoy travelling at high speed to avoid hitting other cars ... almost like the real thing ... ;)

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/BNJ_889688_OOO_zpsxz0sxya1.png

It is a frustrating game at the same time ... you need patterns to have any chance and you need to drive and jump like a demon ... just like John73 ... :026:

I think Captain Risky would get car insurance before any of us in this game ... so many prangs and swan dives!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is incredibly frustrating for me. I seem to be in the minority of players that can't get to grips with this one.

I haven't sworn this much since discovering @magrinder is the world record holder on Popeye!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160618/84a8aabcc2960f846049cfd80573c6bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

This game is incredibly frustrating for me. I seem to be in the minority of players that can't get to grips with this one.

You are right in the pack of skill set for this game. Most can get one, two or maybe three 50ks. It's crazy difficult IMO. It's a super frustrating game. Don't tell OOO or John, but I can't stand this game despite giving it more than a fair shot. You can tell them that I'm in awe of their skills though.

I've been playing this off and on since the beginning and can't replicate three 50ks. I feel incredibly lucky to have somehow managed a third but for the life of me, I have no idea how I did it. I can usually get one every other game or three, but seldom two.

From someone in the same skill sill set as you, here are the things that helped me most:

1. change your speeds to avoid traffic, but be sure to have enough speed to make a jump when needed. If you're already doing this, forget it then and go all out speed instead

2. jump to avoid traffic and as John mentioned, at the last second when the cars are being lured towards you while in the air, go hard left or right in the other direction of the traffic when landing.

Have you changed any strategies since starting this game? If not, try changing strategies. If so, try something else. If you are taking the same approach (and I don't know that you are or are not), expect the same results.

You have a full day to accomplish two 50ks in a run! Be a Mr. Do! You can do it!

If it will help, I can post the Mr. Do! image again. Let me know if you need that.

Good luck BRB

This is one of those game that I really suck at, on easy.

I've always tried to bump my way through, smashing as many cars as I can.

You know, like the title suggests is the way to play.

But after reading the tips from the pros I got a bit better score.

This game still frustrates me no end.

1137407825_bnj55208.png.4568d56de1d93d6461647559b4993979.png

YEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!

At last, two 50k runs.

447322146_bnj128596.JPG.dbd59bcd956d14d575c784369468f98e.JPG

Have you changed any strategies since starting this game? If not, try changing strategies. If so, try something else. If you are taking the same approach (and I don't know that you are or are not), expect the same results.

A simple but effective tip!

I stopped trying so hard and just had an all out speed run and dodged mainly by jumping.

You have a full day to accomplish two 50ks in a run! Be a Mr. Do! You can do it!

Thanks for the encouragement, I had given up on this game but was inspired to get at least two 50K runs in a game today.

If it will help, I can post the Mr. Do! image again. Let me know if you need that.

I always enjoy any Mr. Do! images.

Cool that's the kind of improvement I was looking for a new PB for me got 50k on the first 5 rounds in a row and got past the notorious 8th round with enough cars left to get another 50k on the 10th stage, just in time :)

Toot Toot

http://i.imgur.com/mK4bxieh.jpg

156,636 is as good as I'm gonna get in this game. I'm really impressed with those with skill who can get big scores, but this game is rubbish. The disparity between the perfect round of 50k when you muck it up right at the end and get nothing is just wrong, also if you go on a smash em up run - which is far more fun - you can't get anything like a decent chunk (I resisted saying percentage!) of the 50k. So the scoring is just stuffed.

bnj0008.png.448e06cc17bb537f9de1b854e4b5ecc8.png

Well I sort of agree Fire_Power, but the borked scoring does add to the tension of the game which is good IMO :) I also like that you can get two free cars in one hit at the end of a stage for getting the 50k I can't think of any other games that do that.

I just looked at the last score update and although I nearly doubled my score I only gained one point on the score table, oh well that was the aim :)

only the 2nd time i managed to get through the first stage incident free after many many games that had 1 incident....

very frustrating game that i had little patience with,

Kudos to those that do great at this game, hopefully it will come up in the future and i get to improve more.

bnj_58040.png.44593d505691976800b75c93ef9918db.png

bnj_nobonus.png.bc10e266e20e54b4d1fc558100e91530.png

@OOO - so close to rolling the score. You know once you roll the score, you'll want to see how high you can push your score, time for you to buy yourself a dedicated pcb I think :)

Thanks John, but as I wrote to you in a PM and the World Record thread at AA, you are the master and this is your game!

I'd love to see you increase your arcade PB from 5.8 million to maybe 6, 7 or 8 million ...

I like to play this game at 100 mph and then jump and side swipe like a maniac. It is great fun and great frustration at the same time. It is also funny like calamity capers in ditching or crashing 1 car for little reward. I do like the insane speed games ... it's the adrenalin rush I guess. As I have posted a few times, I play when I can find time ... and on this game I would like to see you take this to another level ...

:)

I haven't sworn this much since discovering @magrinder is the world record holder on Popeye!
... :lol ... All I can say in agreeance is Toot Toot ...

369,004 ... Cool that's the kind of improvement I was looking for a new PB for me got 50k on the first 5 rounds in a row and got past the notorious 8th round with enough cars left to get another 50k on the 10th stage, just in time :)

Gee Rat, great score!

Like John73 says, if you can make it past pattern 8 and you got a 50K at pattern 10, you could probably take this to 500K+, or even to the house to > 1 million! ... :045:

156,636 ... So the scoring is just stuffed.

Well your choice of colourful words is excellent ... :027:

And you doubled your score, I would have thought that was very good! ... :024:

14,880: :redface
Looks like you only managed a couple of games and were short for time ... no matter, more to come ... :035:

I just looked at the last score update and although I nearly doubled my score I only gained one point on the score table, oh well that was the aim :)

Just like in Bump n Jump, it's not just what is in front of you ... you need to watch the rear (for some reason I thought of Miranda as I typed this ...).

If you don't try to improve your score, well somebody else lower on the scoreboard than you will and they will pass you lowering your MGL points for that game ...

52096 JR_OutRun86 gets a stage 1 no cars bonus.

Gosh he could be good enough to go for his license now! .. he successfully avoided all those lunatics and drunks driving their cars on the road ... managed to jump the car successfully at over 100 mph (L drivers max 56.25 mph) ... and didn't hit the drink once in that run (I mean the water) ... :023:

Submissions are now closed for Bump n Jump.

I will post the scoreboard for this game on this thread in a few minutes ...

It's 7pm on Sunday 19-June-2016.

Score submissions for Game 2 Bump n Jump is now closed.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/BNJ_Car_E500_zpsgp1nxhdr.png

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/BNJFinal_zpsmhlbtmip.png

I haven’t seen so many gamers go car swimming or side swiping in ages ... :lol

Fun and frustrating at the same time … if it was easy then where is the challenge? … :026:

Congratulations to John73 for winning Game 2, proving yet again he is the world master of insane speed driving and mad jumping … :038:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGL28BNJWinner_zpsfingjqrm.png

Games 1 and 2 are completed. Game 3 Popeye and Game 4 Lasso are currently in play. Eats ya spinach and ride ‘em cowboy …

Also Game 5 will be revealed this Friday … what will it be?