Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Wonder boy in mosterland Asian version.. pcb

Selling wonder boy in mosterland Asian version

Sorry I can't tell which country because I'm not Asian.

I think these were originally Asian text then they were converted later on..

This is in working order

This is a bootleg

Only thing is 2 player does not start

Does not come with harness but I cam supply one..

$180

20181015_171147.thumb.jpg.09faa473bae3d7975fe38b4513ae85de.jpg15466948404041036603294802670651.thumb.jpg.e540644b057c8dadea2618898acbd19c.jpg20181015_171325.thumb.jpg.b176f798db20604768e17f9c292dcd84.jpg

Edited by gt-ray

Yep it’s Japanese. This game didn’t get a legitimate english release until the wii version.

There’s a proper english rom set available now which was ripped from the wii, I installed it onto a bootleg board the same as yours a couple of years ago and it worked perfectly

Yeah I played it in English in the 80's and was playing it in mame before the Wii was released.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Me too.. I played the English version In the 80s 90s..

I even have sega board with the English version on it..

And I even have the jap version on a original sega board..

- - - Updated - - -

I have owned english versions well before wii was around and also spent a fortune playing it in the late 80’s in english

I have both sega version boards jap and English.. I know that they were out as a fact..

I pretty sure the master system has the English version aswell

Oh there absolutely was an english version, it wasn’t genuine though. There were multiple actually, with varying translation quality.. none perfect.

EDIT:

Me too.. I played the English version In the 80s 90s..

I even have sega board with the English version on it..

And I even have the jap version on a original sega board..

- - - Updated - - -

I have both sega version boards jap and English.. I know that they were out as a fact..

I pretty sure the master system has the English version aswell

Which rom set is in the english one? My research told me all english boards are rom swaps with less than perfect english. I’m open to being proven wrong, this is all recent research from my own bootleg rom conversion.

Yes the sms version was english but not usable on an arcade board.

Oh there absolutely was an english version, it wasn’t genuine though. There were multiple actually, with varying translation quality.. none perfect.

EDIT:

Which rom set is in the english one? My research told me all english boards are rom swaps with less than perfect english. I’m open to being proven wrong, this is all recent research from my own bootleg rom conversion.

Yes the sms version was english but not usable on an arcade board.

Tomorrow I'll take a foto of the game screen and the board its not with me atm..

I'll like to know my self..

- - - Updated - - -

I was about to sell the sega board pcb jap version. But not sure if I want to..

Tomorrow I'll take a foto of the game screen and the board its not with me atm..

I'll like to know my self..

Cool, Hopefully we can figure it out. A photo of the board might help too, not all the roms need to be changed so there might be some that dont match the rest

Cool, Hopefully we can figure it out. A photo of the board might help too, not all the roms need to be changed so there might be some that dont match the rest

Stickers were replace so.. dont know if that's going to mean anything..

bdc54f3963f8c50bc87b6c78de48df8e.jpg

These are all of the rom sets in mame, which is what I discovered when I went to change my bootleg to a better english version as it was horribly translated.

EDIT:

Have a read of this: https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=27247

You can probably spot which translation you have.

That is interesting, yeah I must play the bootlegs, I have noticed some poor translations but there is not really that much text anyway and we are all used to poor translations in Japanese games so I never thought anything of it.

This thread has made me want to have play of it I think I will have a couple of games this afternoon, I wonder if I will remember where the secret coins are :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]141072[/ATTACH]

Yep that’s english bootleg set 1. You could do the virtual console rom swap if you know someone with an eprom burner, it gives you a much nicer title screen as well as much more detailed english text