Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: do death saves damage your machine?

State
    narre warren north vic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

do death saves damage your machine?

well as the title suggests do death saves damage your machine? i my self don't think so, nothing more satisfying than the death save if you can pull it off whilst not setting off the tilt. i'm aware that it's an illegal move in any comp , did a great one yesterday on flintstones much to @Jesder 's amazement & its fitted with anti guard rails

I don't believe it causes any damage but others may have other ideas ?

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    557 Post(s)
    Australia
    Not sure if it causes damage but if you have tilt loose enough to do a death save and keep playing its probably a bit too loose.

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    269 Post(s)
    Australia
    It depends heavily on what kind of floor surface and what kind of fluff people have fitted to their leg levelers.

Eg.

Synthetic hard floating floor with standard leg levelers : minimal damage (since stresses are significantly reduced and machine can slide more freely)

Carpet with rubber feet over levelers : Extreme grip. Attempt a death save and rip the corner out of your new stern.

Those are merely examples. But it's all about resistance....

Of course lightweight machines like sterns can be "lifted" at the front fairly easy, but in the carpet example this saves the front corners of cabinet but still stresses heavily on the back legs as the machine lurches sideways on direction and the grippy back legs cant move. Crack.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    No damage, but great fun and satisfying if to pull off without a tilt. Iíve got quite good at it and when I played my second comp, i death saved in front of the td.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

State
    goldcoast
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)
    probably wrecks the floor ,not the machine. might be good for the player doing it ,but if your playing next to someone that does it ,it puts you write off.makes me quite angry like people lifting it on to legs in anger after the ball has drained.

State
    Sydney, NSW
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    478 Post(s)
    Australia
    It depends on whether the corner join in the cabinet is coming apart. On some machines I've seen, a death save would make the cabinet fall apart!

www.afpinball.com

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    269 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by ocyen View Post
    It depends on whether the corner join in the cabinet is coming apart. On some machines I've seen, a death save would make the cabinet fall apart!
    I would speculate that the cabinet corner did not start "coming apart" all by itself... it would have needed encouragment. This is a kind of damage (machine abuse) that often happens incrimentally, little bits at a time, until one day it becomes too noticable. Pinball machines will take alot of punishment and not sustain major damage. Deathsaves though are uncalled for and destructive. Even when the floor is less grippy.

We have peoples private machines in our tourneys. I seen a death save at one of our events recently. Did not incur a tilt wtf? (yes there was "danger", but the treatment of the machine was beyond what we will accept in future) . Tilts will be getting tighter, and deathsaves will not be tolerated anymore, given the abuse peoples machines have occasionally been seen to recieve.

State
    Ballarat, Victoria
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    734 Post(s)
    Australia
    on your games, death save as much as you want

try it on my machines, you wont be invited back

State
    Shepparton Vic
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1727 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
    I would speculate that the cabinet corner did not start "coming apart" all by itself... it would have needed encouragment. This is a kind of damage (machine abuse) that often happens incrimentally, little bits at a time, until one day it becomes too noticable. Pinball machines will take alot of punishment and not sustain major damage. Deathsaves though are uncalled for and destructive. Even when the floor is less grippy.

We have peoples private machines in our tourneys. I seen a death save at one of our events recently. Did not incur a tilt wtf? (yes there was "danger", but the treatment of the machine was beyond what we will accept in future) . Tilts will be getting tighter, and deathsaves will not be tolerated anymore, given the abuse peoples machines have occasionally been seen to recieve.
    Yes the onus is on the owner setting the tilt where he wants it.
    If you don't want it to happen, set your tilts tight.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

do death saves damage your machine?

Before I started playing Comps it had become automatic to do it on my machines at home obviously. I obviously had to change that for tournament play because itís a disqualification. Iím not too precious about my home machines and donít give a shit as long as someone doesnít push to Pin through the window

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information