Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Daytona USA repairs

Gents

I've recently picked up a JAP Daytona USA twin for a decent price but there are some small items I need to attend to. Can anyone please recommend someone local (Melbourne) who may be able to do repairs on site?

I need a steering pot replaced on one machine, VR buttons don't light up on one machine, one machine had a graphics issue for 10 seconds which has now disappeared but I'm sure will reappear (graphics went snowy), and one machine sounds loud with the force feedback (possibly needs a belt replacement?).

Not sure if I have the patience to attack this on my own at the moment haha.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

I'm in a similar boar in Melbourne - I need to get someone out. How do I contact Ben? I'm new here - Ta

You can contact Ben through his website

https://radamusements.com.au/

Send an inquiry. He'll get back to you pretty quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Question - does anyone know the best way to remove the caps off these steering wheels? I know that you need to pop the cap off with a screw driver but it looks like this has been attempted over many years and people have butchered the cap/wheel. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Sega-Daytona-USA-Steering-Wheel.jpg

My next question is, I want to buy the Japanese version of the steering wheel which I can find brand new but I can't find the metal plate that goes over the wheel anywhere. Does anyone know where these might be available to buy? Thanks

sega-daytona-usa-rally-arcade-game_1_b25abbb8b7b92f70d733611d9cd68077.jpg

You can contact Ben through his website

https://radamusements.com.au/

Send an inquiry. He'll get back to you pretty quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Question - does anyone know the best way to remove the caps off these steering wheels? I know that you need to pop the cap off with a screw driver but it looks like this has been attempted over many years and people have butchered the cap/wheel. Any pointers would be appreciated.

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/292885826759_/Sega-Daytona-USA-Steering-Wheel.jpg

My next question is, I want to buy the Japanese version of the steering wheel which I can find brand new but I can't find the metal plate that goes over the wheel anywhere. Does anyone know where these might be available to buy? Thanks

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images3/1/0414/02/sega-daytona-usa-rally-arcade-game_1_b25abbb8b7b92f70d733611d9cd68077.jpg

I went through thr process of trying to locate the original wheels and covers and found that I could only source them secondhand via Ebay USA. You may have better luck with it the I did though.

I went through thr process of trying to locate the original wheels and covers and found that I could only source them secondhand via Ebay USA. You may have better luck with it the I did though.

Cheers. I've found the wheels both on eBay and in Australia but nowhere has the covers. I don't want to pull the trigger on the wheels unless I can get the covers!!

give felix at gamemasters a call he had some covers

i might even have some i'll have a look

Thanks Lou.

I need two, if you have any. Otherwise I will give Felix at Gamemasters a call on Monday. Thanks for the tip.

OK hopefully the final question. Can anyone give me some advice on how to get this off?

I was removing the generic steering wheels from my cab and replacing them with Sega ones. One side was perfect. But the other side has the bolt destroyed by the previous person who worked on it. It seems like it is glued in somehow and I don't want to make anything worse.

I was thinking about buying an easy out tomorrow and replacing the bolt, but I can't even get this adaptor plate to move at all....any ideas?

MXVXi5n.jpg

5bYCOTF.jpg

OK so looking at some photos of the shaft itself and it looks like it may be one piece so an easy out won't really work. Which sort of makes sense as to why it was never repaired properly in the first place.

Can someone confirm?

S-DaytonaSteeringShaft.jpg?abc

Just incase anyone is interested for future reference.

I pulled the adaptor plate off from the generic wheel. Looks like someone jammed some glue/araldite in it. I got the plate off with a pulley remover. I then grinded the remainder of the bolt off. Drilled the centre of the shaft and tapped an 10mm hole. Cleaned the glue off the shaft and put the new wheel on. Good as new!!