Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Another load of crap i probably shouldnt have bought, but i couldnt leave it to die in a paddock.

crown basketball. possibly taitos first arcade game? or maybe after periscope?. no one is too sure.

Its going to need a whole new cabinet made so it will be living on this pallet for a while but hopefully its day will come. Or ill just hoard it? the jury is out.

Making the dome wont be fun, might have to pay someone else to do that bit.

bb1.thumb.jpg.54368a4a3d50d078dd6a49a36f0c2d2e.jpgbb2.thumb.jpg.e0fc32c00cec10a74cd4eb363f302c1e.jpgbb4.thumb.jpg.f40d28666e1990e95780659aadef9ece.jpgbb5.thumb.jpg.39651e3bcc3d06069f23756de907633f.jpgbb3.thumb.jpg.3aaa7bbc93623eb25f943764b09ba97a.jpgtbasket1.thumb.jpg.1f5e828708a90bd4b1a59f071665f0c1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

bb6.thumb.jpg.47a64d38012505b36ac592f3bac3c7b3.jpgbb7.thumb.jpg.b1eae2ce63463ff0e4ee6ef7a11bfdfe.jpgbb8.thumb.jpg.8f90c63f2eb892f18e71e250508b0aef.jpgbb9.thumb.jpg.174864fe690b0c32016c4e2a9734bb57.jpg

• Like 1

I love this game. I actually had a small toy version in the 80's that I spent hours playing.

Good on you for saving it... I wouldn't be game to take on such a project but wish I could.

- - - Updated - - -

This looks very similar to the toy I owned.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-Basketball-Game-Table-Top-Basketball-Court-Push-Button-Toy-1980s-no-338-T-C/173886480376?hash=item287c711ff8:g:zCEAAOSwlvNcxLTU

That machine has my DNA on it. I wonder what happened to the dome?. The last one we had made locally for it was lexan. I suspect someone wanted an oversized bird bath.

i thought it was mud and mouse guts lol. bloke said he never had the dome.

i thought it was mud and mouse guts lol. bloke said he never had the dome.

I didn't realize that was the machine you were asking about the key for. It should have been changed to an 82, 83 or 84 unless it was in an area that has restricted access to like the back door on an upright in which case the locks were left as fitted, the year of manufacture and the cashbox was always changed to a Chicago Lock multi combo unit.

The early Taito locks, up to 8200 were super easy to pick, kids were using bobby pins and that is why we changed them to 8200 and later on all the operations machines.

If you can't pick the lock with a bobby pin, grab a kid off the street to help.:lol

I didn't realize that was the machine you were asking about the key for. It should have been changed to an 82, 83 or 84 unless it was in an area that has restricted access to like the back door on an upright in which case the locks were left as fitted, the year of manufacture and the cashbox was always changed to a Chicago Lock multi combo unit.

The early Taito locks, up to 8200 were super easy to pick, kids were using bobby pins and that is why we changed them to 8200 and later on all the operations machines.

If you can't pick the lock with a bobby pin, grab a kid off the street to help.:lol

lol i cant confirm or deny any knowlegdge of lockpicking sorry. access isnt an issue though its smashed to bits underneath.

this isnt a nsw machine it came from country vic. It has all the original taito style locks but they arent stamped.

Just a word of advice. If your forced to drill the lock out, drill directly inline with the offset latch drive coming out the back of the Taito lock, not in the dead center like normal locks. They are tough and you don't want to drill more than you need to.

If you can access the back of the lock, undo the latch nut, grind the latch to gain assess to the lock retaining nut and remove it. Most Taitos don't just allow you to just undo the latch nut to remove the latch, they are still held in place unless you turn the lock. Something you can't do without the key.

Shouldn't be too hard to get working again, it's probably just a fuse... :lol

If you can get the complete lock assembly to a locksmith they can pick it for you and cut a key (if they have a suitable blank).

I've had a locksmith do it once for in the past and it wasn't too expensive.

There's plenty of youtube videos on how to pick locks and the tools are available on ebay which aren't expensive.

Shouldn't be too hard to get working again, it's probably just a fuse... :lol

If you can get the complete lock assembly to a locksmith they can pick it for you and cut a key (if they have a suitable blank).

I've had a locksmith do it once for in the past and it wasn't too expensive.

There's plenty of youtube videos on how to pick locks and the tools are available on ebay which aren't expensive.

Booby pin with some kid with a hat on backwards I say..:lol

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I to have this game i must say in a lot better condition

can you take a close up pic and some measuremens of the "net" area for me please?

Ill get a plastics place to make a dome. not sure where you're from? are you close enough i should make two when the time comes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...