Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1273 Post(s)
    Australia

Grey doors and chrome bolts....

Black doors and black bolts....

I think the black suits much better but the bolts needed the black as well. Not unusual, we had Taito black bolts that went in a lot of Defender cabs straight out of the factory. If your bolts have a black tar like substance to lock the threads, it factory Japanese. If the bolts have red like nail polish on then it was factory Australian.

All the bolts being blackened after de-chroming with the bench grinder....

Standard Taito 20" mono cab....

Now it's a Taito 20" stereo cab. First one ever maybe....

State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1273 Post(s)
    Australia

Problem.... monitor controls including ON/ OFF, menu, input select, and volume + and - are all on the face of the monitor and the monitor is under the glass of the machine meaning to adjust or even turn the monitor on would mean taking the glass out. Can't have this and I have no IR remote but I wouldn't have gone down that path anyway. To easy to loose the remote I think. It needs to be hardwired.

Lucky I have a twin of this monitor so out with the hacksaw and glue I think. Needs to be in a convenient location like on the inside of the coin door....

Done, 9 wires in total going through the cabinet from the front door and up to the monitor with a connector at the monitor end and the remote panel. This is the connector on the monitor. It has since been set into the monitor case.

Now I have a question I should have asked earlier. On a multi game board when the game is horizontal or east / west, the monitor will be in it's normal position as in the monitor will have it's on off switch etc at the bottom of the screen but when the screen is rotated to vertical or north / south configuration, do the games require the monitor to rotate clockwise or anti-clockwise. This is important because I have to allow for the monitor wires to not bind and if I get this wrong, the games will be upside down in north / south games. ATM I have the screen rotating anti-clockwise from east / west to north / south so I have a 50-50 chance I have it right already.

Waiting on an answer to this before I can proceed.

State
    bunbury WA
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1198 Post(s)
    Saint Kitts Nevis Anguilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosteve View Post
    Problem.... monitor controls including ON/ OFF, menu, input select, and volume + and - are all on the face of the monitor and the monitor is under the glass of the machine meaning to adjust or even turn the monitor on would mean taking the glass out. Can't have this and I have no IR remote but I wouldn't have gone down that path anyway. To easy to loose the remote I think. It needs to be hardwired.

https://i.imgur.com/axoyYwql.jpg

Lucky I have a twin of this monitor so out with the hacksaw and glue I think. Needs to be in a convenient location like on the inside of the coin door....

https://i.imgur.com/4rLw5A0l.jpg

Done, 9 wires in total going through the cabinet from the front door and up to the monitor with a connector at the monitor end and the remote panel. This is the connector on the monitor. It has since been set into the monitor case.

https://i.imgur.com/YY1vYa4l.jpg

Now I have a question I should have asked earlier. On a multi game board when the game is horizontal or east / west, the monitor will be in it's normal position as in the monitor will have it's on off switch etc at the bottom of the screen but when the screen is rotated to vertical or north / south configuration, do the games require the monitor to rotate clockwise or anti-clockwise. This is important because I have to allow for the monitor wires to not bind and if I get this wrong, the games will be upside down in north / south games. ATM I have the screen rotating anti-clockwise from east / west to north / south so I have a 50-50 chance I have it right already.

Waiting on an answer to this before I can proceed.
    If going vertical with a 60in1 it has a dip switch to flip?
    you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1273 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by narf_ View Post
    If going vertical with a 60in1 it has a dip switch to flip?
    Maybe, I'm not sure. That could flip all the games no matter north south or east west?. It could also be for flipping table games between first and second player?. I really don't know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information